Fiberglass Removal

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Just came from an estimate for fiberglass removal. A/c company put in new unit and duct work, somehow got excessive fiberglass and black "dust" into the blower thus sending it everywhere in the house. The homeowner has had a very bad reaction to it. He has had to stay in a hotel while the a/c company sent a maid service to clean everything.

He said it was on the walls, doors, drapes, etc. - everywhere. He wants us to clean all the furniture and carpet. Has anyone does this before? I am actually a little itchy on my exposed skin and I have no known allergies of any kind. What do I need to look out for?

I was planning on running the crb dry, prevac, prespray, crb, steam it. Anything else?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes we have but only as a temp solution until the carpet was replaced. Those glass fibers, if they truly are spread throughout the carpet will be impossible to remove to a preloss condition.

Connor

Name
Connor
High heat, provided by a match

Then shovel up the ashes.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Before you shower, take one of the wife's panty hose, and rub it on your skin. The static charge that's created will remove most if not all of the fiber glass. But if you have already taken a shower and opened your pores, happy itching!!!

Did janitorial at Owen's Corning factory in their offices, but that crap got all over every where and had to do that each night I came home from there. Made the mistake of taking a hot shower first....it sucks.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
And it is easier to do if your wife is not in them........

Just not as fun.....

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Beldar Conehead said:
Yes we have but only as a temp solution until the carpet was replaced. Those glass fibers, if they truly are spread throughout the carpet will be impossible to remove to a preloss condition.

Should I state anything specific on the invoice? Do you think we can make enough of an impact to matter? Who's decision was it to replace the carpet? The a/c company or homeowner?

Thank you.

Run and don't look back.. You will never get a 100% of it and that is what they are depending on your for. I don't care if you have a Vortex, Cimex,CRB. Run and don't look back. If the home owner comes back after you clean it and gets sick.. Its your butt. Run on this one.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Have the homeowner file a claim with his insurance company, if they have
appropriate coverage the insurance co. will pay for the cleaning of all hard surfaces, content
and the replacement of textiles in their home. That is why we pay insurance, so
the protect us when Murphy comes to visit. His insurance company will most
likely subrogate the claim.
Luis

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Should I state anything specific on the invoice? Do you think we can make enough of an impact to matter? Who's decision was it to replace the carpet? The a/c company or homeowner?

Thank you.
Yes I would just incase they change their minds about keeping it. Just put "Temporary Cleaning Until Carpet is Replaced".

Funny thing when you have a check in your hand from your insurance company for $10,000.00-$15,000.00, so how the calamity no longer seems as bad.

Seriously if it happened in my home, I'm cleaning it a couple of times to see how it goes before I file a claim.

I wouldn't ever suggest that for a client to keep it, I'd suggest they replace it.

Her insurance will go after the HVAC's liability insurance company if his doesn't want to replace it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom