Figured out my slime problem...butler owners should read this too

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
A brief summary of what the problem was..I was having sudden flow issues and thought it was the wand or the trigger. After replacing the trigger with a soft touch west pack it was still not fixed.

I kept checking the screen filter and it kept getting clogged with some very fine material seemed like t was a bit slimy or something. Hard to describe.

After taking the wand 100% apart and changing the jets and everything it would be I called Greenie.

I was positive it was the wand because the other tools work perfect. Just the want with the pressure issue.

After Greenie went through what I had done he asked me to take the screen filter out and run it. I explained to him that it was new as of a week ago or so. He to.d me to shut up and do as I was told lol

Well it ran perfect without the filter. Then I held the old filter next to the new one. You can see for your self that the new filter from butler is to small meshed. There is no way this filter is going to work for anyone. So use caution when getting this filter from butler.

New (bad filter) on top. Old better filter on bottom.

HUGE thanks to Greenie for forever standing behind the best wand in the industry in my opinion!!!
I love my greenhorn

6a5u6uqa.jpg

Name
Steve Lawrence
So what is causing your "slime"? That's the problem. Not the filter. I use the finer filter and have no problems and fewer clogged jets. Perhaps you're using incompatible chems.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So what is causing your "slime"? That's the problem. Not the filter. I use the finer filter and have no problems and fewer clogged jets. Perhaps you're using incompatible chems.

agree........I run nothing but the fine filters on all my stuff....if I buy a tool and it does not have the fine mesh..I replace it....the filter is not the problem...it is what is clogging it........slime might be from the rinse....(?)...we don't want them things to run dry because they are a bitch to prime...so we mix more before it happens...if you don't wash them things out now and then...that old shit will slime........

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
It's not really slime. I can't describe it. It's a mushy brown very fine material. Never seen or dealt with it before. Never a clogged jet and no issues with any jobs at all. Just when switching to the new fine filter it clogs on the first job. Then it's clear the rest of the day.
I can't begging to know what it is. I don't run anything but ro water through it. No chems at all. Not even a chem pump on my truck. Strictly ro water
Only thing it could possible be is a broken carbon filter. I will check tat tomorrow.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

Glad to know it wasn't the Parker hoses causing the problem.

I'm not a fan of the fine mesh filters either.

They are only required on small jet sizes.

Larry

Last edited:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I do not think it is the filter either. Have you tried to take the ends off hose and run it clear?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I was having a problem like that a while ago. I would attach a qd to the end of the solution line and open the ball valve to let it run for 30 seconds before hooking up the inline sprayer or a wand. I think something settles out of the metal but what do I know.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Yea it's the butler filter at the wand before the trigger.

I run big jets and Greenie agreed with Larry that small screen filters are not necessary and both agreed that it's a not to worry about situation.

Thanks for all the info and advice guys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom