Filter basket ?

Matt B

Name
Matt Briseno
I have a 5 yr old prochem legend so vacuum is an issue. Can I remove the in tank filter basket permentaly and use only a inline filter and if so will it improve my cfm at all . Thanks for any input

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Matt,
Yes you can. Here is a photo of my PC Legend. As of now we have been running one 2.5 hose you can see in the picture how we have the Y. If I need to we can take Y off and go back to 4 2 door set up. We are getting 350+ cfm at 100 feet. You can get some really good performance out of your PC L.
photobucket-8390-1360713875729_zps69b03245.jpg

Name
I'm Rick James
I have a prochem as well and removed my filter box which was killing my suction over the course of the job and replaced it with the devastator filter.. Its a smart upgrade.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the number one weakness or flaw of the legend series of machines is they only used a 2" inlet to hook up the waste tank. when the tank is hooked up there is a restriction right there that debris hangs up and and its VERY VERY difficult to remove at times. I have cussed that thing and used 4 letter words many times over the years trying to get that area of the vac system clear. all the other prochem machines used a 2.5-3" inlet in that area which meant if it went through the vac hose its going through the machine. I would have thought it would have been better to only make one inlet style and go with the larger size for all machines

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
my waste tank is plumbed at 3 inches.....from there it goes over to the filter box......and then I have the filter box plumbed at 2.5.........

that's the way they all should be made............

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Curious to how you are asking your question - has vac performance dropped?

Maybe your relief valve could be out of adjustment, could have bad WT seals, some hose punctures.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom