Finally got a 175

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I know I'm behind on the times, but I finally got a 175.. I know it's great for scrubbing and for doing hard wood..
But I also wanted to try and bonnett clean with it also.. What's a good product to use for that? And what's the trick? Never done it before..

What else can I do with this beauty? It's a 17inch

Name
Lee Stockwell
Practice driving that thing before you try to use it.

Best to start on a wet concrete floor like a garage, with NO heirlooms or other breakables nearby.

It's a finesse thing like riding a bike. If you think you can just muscle it you are mistaken.

After you've mastered it on a smooth wet floor you can graduate to carpet. It will be harder at first.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Lee Stockwell said:
Practice driving that thing before you try to use it.

Best to start on a wet concrete floor like a garage, with NO heirlooms or other breakables nearby.

It's a finesse thing like riding a bike. If you think you can just muscle it you are mistaken.

After you've mastered it on a smooth wet floor you can graduate to carpet. It will be harder at first.
I have a vivid memory of all the times I've seen the 175 go out of control. A girlfriend of mine put it through a wall at a rental that she was helping me with, I had her buy some spackle and I plasturded the drywall LOL, a woman in a wheelchair who looked like Betty Davis in what ever happened to baby jane grabbed the handle to move it and she was going around in circles, a friend of mine was talking cool to a custy and the 175 yanked the speakers off the table when the brush grabbed the wires, I bashed a hole in a couple doors etc etc etc.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
My all time favorite bonnet cleaning formula is Citri-Spin from Mission Labratories outta California. Here's a link http://www.missionlabs.net/carpet.html

The cost and dilution are among the lowest in the business but the results are as good as any. Now if you are talking about doing some encap type cleaning I would get Blast from Vacaway. That system rocks.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Depending upon the carpet and the soils, I suggest Encapuclean O2 or Encapuclean DS (Double Strength). Interlink has two distributors in Arkansas where you can pick it up. Cleaner Solutions in Rogers (479 899-6745) or Cleaner's Connection in North Little Rock ( 800 391-4244).

Cleaning with pads is more aggressive and will knock down heavy soils. However, for most jobs, I prefer to use microfiber bonnets because they pick-up and absorb more of the soil.

John Buxton

I use beige bonnets to scrub commercial, and 19" cotton bonnets after. I like Scott's encap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom