Finally........here it is.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Pick this up....2009 Chevy with 54K miles on it still has 40k mile warranty on it........

came with a SS 570......very low hours......

going in to get logo-ed and alarmed next week........

this is all you get to see...for now.........work in progress........

P8290707.jpg

P8290706.jpg

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Damn Jim!

You've really lowered you standards over the years haven't you. You went from a Vortex to a Thermalwave and now this POS that only has a #4 blower and a measly 31hp engine. What's next? A Bane Clean unit.

Makes you wonder why they even bother putting dual vac ports on it. I'm guessing so you can dual wand upholstery, because there's there's no way in hell you'll want to dual wand carpet with it.

Is it too late to get your money back? Because i think you'd be much better off with the Mytee ETM with T-Rex attachment.

Good luck with that!

Cheers!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
You're probably right mikey.

I've been pushing a wand for 24 years of the past 30.

I claim carpet cleaning insanity as my defense.

However, i really do like the fresh idea's coming out of the mytee camp.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Nice looking truck. Don't some people run 2 hoses for the first 50 or 100 feet on long hose runs? More air flow without having to carry 2 1/2 inch hose.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Damn Jim!

You've really lowered you standards over the years haven't you. You went from a Vortex to a Thermalwave and now this POS that only has a #4 blower and a measly 31hp engine. What's next? A Bane Clean unit.

Makes you wonder why they even bother putting dual vac ports on it. I'm guessing so you can dual wand upholstery, because there's there's no way in hell you'll want to dual wand carpet with it.

Is it too late to get your money back? Because i think you'd be much better off with the Mytee ETM with T-Rex attachment.

Good luck with that!

Cheers!

Vortex went the way of the dinosaurs long time ago the writing was on the wall....some just couldn't read it......it is/was a great machine...but........slide in's have come a long way since then....and with the right set up most have found out that you can achieve the same thing at a lower cost....My thermalwave does everything on medium that my Vortex did running wide open....I look for longevity.....any thing after that I can take care of....the 570 has a liquid cooled Kubota engine.....and in my heat the water cooled it the way to go....she will hold up much better then the air cooled...add the triflow blower to it and it will do everything your Vortex will....( probably better ).....and much cheaper......

so really.....on a lot of different levels... I have more advanced myself from my Vortex days....then gone backwards......same results......cost less to run....so that means I am making more money.......trust me...Jim knows what he is doing..........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Nice looking truck. Don't some people run 2 hoses for the first 50 or 100 feet on long hose runs? More air flow without having to carry 2 1/2 inch hose.

Yes..some people like the 4 to the door set up and some like to use 2.5 inch hose....its a personal preference.....not a huge difference in either set up to say one is better then the other.........

Mikey P

Administrator
Vortex went the way of the dinosaurs long time ago the writing was on the wall....some just couldn't read it......it is/was a great machine...but........slide in's have come a long way since then....and with the right set up most have found out that you can achieve the same thing at a lower cost....My thermalwave does everything on medium that my Vortex did running wide open....I look for longevity.....any thing after that I can take care of....the 570 has a liquid cooled Kubota engine.....and in my heat the water cooled it the way to go....she will hold up much better then the air cooled...add the triflow blower to it and it will do everything your Vortex will....( probably better ).....and much cheaper......

so really.....on a lot of different levels... I have more advanced myself from my Vortex days....then gone backwards......same results......cost less to run....so that means I am making more money.......trust me...Jim knows what he is doing..........

You just insured at minimum three more appeals in the V vs SS arbitrage.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Waiting and patience paid off for ya. Congrats Jim. Hope it serves the tech and your bank account well.

Later

mcatt

Name
Mike
Good looking and clean! If you don't mind how much did you pick it all up for? Just curious?

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Hey Jim,

I have the Apex machines which also have the 31hp Kubota and we love them. Super hot with the dual heat exchangers and great vacuum. I did crank the vac relief a tad and bump the RPM for better performance as they really govern these units at the factory. We run straight 2inch with the devastater filter to a 2inch shafted 12 inch head titatinium wand with holed Teflon glide. The setup is perfect! Congrats!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Better how?

heat?
suck?
ease of use?
ease of maintenance?

heat is unreal....took me a bit to tame it down......and figure a comfortable temp....
the suction is better then the thermalwave....dry times are better....wand locks down harder....
user friendly..easy to set up and use......
seems to be easy to get to most things to service it........I do see a few things that I need to change.....one of them I am scratching my head and wondering why....how...and what I am going to do....the other is just adding a shut off valve that for the life of me I don't understand why is not there.........

Reactions: miksar

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what they did..........

PA100770.jpg

what I finished....

PA130782.jpg

what they did....

PA100771.jpg

What I finished...

PA130772.jpg

what they did...

PA100766.jpg

what I almost finished but ran out of red vinyl...( damit).....:madder:

PA130780.jpg

PA130774.jpg

PA130775.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Pick this up....2009 Chevy with 54K miles on it still has 40k mile warranty on it........

came with a SS 570......very low hours......

going in to get logo-ed and alarmed next week........

this is all you get to see...for now.........work in progress........

P8290707.jpg

P8290706.jpg

It's gotta be nice to live in a state that is perpetually warm, and never have to deal with corrosive salt on the roads!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom