Finger Nail Polish

John Watson

Is there anything new out there?

Haven't had a call for removal in about 3-4 years. Is asatone still the best thing going? Last time, I remember it seemed to take for ever, I got Higher than a kite and then sick.. didn't use my resperaitor..

Client said "bottle got knocked over and went everywhere" These clients have a very rambunchious weimerainer.

Scotty, Shawn, Meat?? anybody what you think?

These instructions are not for me, But for MY Helen's Boy, Jarid, She thinks hes cute!!!!! I just want to make sure he is Top Notch!!!

topnotchman

Bridgepoint P.I.G worked well on finger nail polish, I better try some of that again!! It was top notch!! :D

Josh Adler

CTI/Prochoice powergel/prosolv gel worked great... i just cant remember which one i used....

takes some time to rinse tho

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"meAt"???

sheet, I'm not a spotting wizard...
hell, I can't even get the snot off my shirt sleeves...Joni has to do it while doing laundry....

there are more aggressive solvents than acetone .
But the risks of delamination also increase ..and so does the "buzz" from snorting the chit :lol:

I reckon lacquer thinner or M.E.K. (methel ethel keytone) would work pretty quick
Xylene too I s'pect
Some carb cleaners contain hi-concentrations of toluene too

all have risks and all are highly flammable

..L.T.A.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
All Solv includes acetone and several other solvents. The combo works good on most types of fingernail polish.

Sometimes you need the solvent to remove all the resins / hard solids from the polish. Then finish the job with StainZONE or Stain Magic to get the last bit of color out.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I used the CTI products and didn't get much of it out..then someone just said to use nail polish remover..POW.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
John;

After my daughter spilled an entire bottle of red polish on our white plush nylon carpet, I tried several techniques and products for removal. It was 2 days old when we discovered it.

The Best Removal method was:

(1) Dynachem POG (with a chlorinated solvent) first to remove the acrylic component. That still left a faint red stain.
(2) Dynachem Dye Stain Remover (1 part heat transfer)with plenty of steam .

You could not see the stain when I finished.

Larry Cobb

P.S. Acetone works for the 1st step, but is Extremely Flammable.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
lust1kiddo said:
I used the CTI products and didn't get much of it out..then someone just said to use nail polish remover..POW.

...which is....acetone. It all comes back to acetone. Drip it on, spray it on, rub it on, whatever. Just keep vaccing it up as it dissolves the nail polish. And keep plenty on hand. I keep a gallon in the van and sometimes use two to three quarts on a massive spill.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
if it hasn't been touched acetone should take it all out. use just your vacuum hose with the acetone in a spotter bottle with a small tip. spray , agitate and vacuum all at the same time. it works like magic and is very quick.

gene

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've found Allsolv with some Orangel works well
the Orangel keeps it on the surface
basically its a homemade Prochoice gel, that stuff just goes too quick!!

good to keep sucking if off with the vac hose, keeps it up off the latex
final rinse at the end and voila

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I like a product called Oil-Flo. You can find it at most janitorial suppliers. It works on all kinds of stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom