fingerprint dust

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I just got a call from a lady that had her rv broken into and they dusted for prints. Coit came in and cleaned and said sorry it won't come out. it's in the seats and couch. Is there any hope since they got it wet?

Thank You

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
First make sure the fabric is not being held together by latex (check the back of the fabric). If not, then you can try; CTI's pro solve and pro gel or Vacaway's hel-gel and spot-n-boost then rinse with super hot water. Remember to tell your customer that the spots are hers and
you are only trying to take them out. By the way... her insurance co will pay to reupholster the
pieces if you are not successful in cleaning the fabric to pre-loss conditions, so take before and
after pictures for the adjuster.
Luis

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If coit got it wet she maybe sol. You do not want to get it wet until you have vacuumed it oh about 100 times. Then use filtration soil remover after you removed 99.99% of it with the vacuum. Find out what they did before you decide to touch it you don't want to have any part of coits problem as it most assuredly would have came out of they knew wtf they was doing.

Ron K

Bridgepoint Filterfree will work. Worked for me after THe Steamer Boys went through

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I don't think they vacuumed it. When I was asking questions on what was done she kept saying she tried cleaning some of it but would not say what she did. I'm going to just test some spots and if I have no luck then walk away. I have my own problems I don't needs hers too.

Thank you for all the info.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Have her sign off on the attempt and do the job the best you can and get paid. Then the insurance can buy new. We can't always be the hero but we should still get paid for trying.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
RV upholstery is usually standard care cleaning.

I can't see it not coming out but maybe they didn't have the spotters they needed. More likely they didn't want to spend the time spotting and not make any additional money so they just threw in the towel.

Inspect it, take no responsibilty and proceed if she agrees. Filtration removers work well as does Prochem's Ultra Pac Renovate. I'll be suprised if it doesn't come out.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I agree that a filtration soil remover like Bridgepoint Filter Free is the most likely solution. If you want a detailed discussion on removing finger print powder, check out the technical Resources section of www.cleanwiki.com

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I walk in to the rv a nice one and it's all the cheap leather crap. I refered her to the local guy that does that all day.

Thank you for all the help

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom