First bad review

SamIam

Name
sam miller
http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...ppeared-after-cleaning&highlight=bleach+spots

Carpets were cleaned by sam millers carpet care !! Be careful consumers,there cleaner ruined our bedroom n livingroom carpets! Bleach drops all over our bedroom at least 20 spots drips of bleach ,and also our closets living room big color change in 2 big spots! they only offered 700$ to replace $1800.worth of 5 year old carpet !! they are under insured and your at risk ! when it happened he asked why I chose them? like what does that mean ? its been 6 months of back n forth with insurance !!!will post pictures later!

this is my reply or should I call and offer her $500 if she takes down the review????

We cleaned the carpets pre spraying a bedroom and living room the customer left a check for $60.00 with her daughter. We cleaned both rooms, there was a faded spot from pet stain urine that smelled in the living room so we treated that at no charge.
We pre sprayed both rooms with a detergent pre spray and rinsed with light detergent dropped fans to speed dry.
3 hours later they called back and there were orange white drips. There are reasons for this to happen that are not carpet cleaning related. Foot cremes with benzoid peroxide, houshold cleaners , pets. I've personnaly never seen this happen in over 30 years of cleaning with the same products sprayed on tens of thousands of carpets.
Rather then argue a clause in my contract about not being responsible and it possibly being a pre exiting condition, I turned it over ot my insurance because the spots only occurred in her bedroom she called the insurance and told them that it was only the bed room.
When I went and inspected it the day she called it was the bedroom only.
I dont know the settlement process, but the client was offered over $700.00 dollars to replace one room of carpet 15x12 plus a small closet and tiny bath area.
She later insited all the carpet be replace and the insurance denied her claim. Had TIna originally had spots besides the big urine spot form the dog in the living room. I would have told the insurance to cover that.
I was startled to here she wanted both rooms replaced.
I would ask Tine to call Patrick at Wrigleys and see if its possible for steam cleaning to do this or is it most likely from something else! He does spot dying and fixes these type of problems.
http:msu.edu/objects/contents_revision/download.cfm/revision_id494146workspace_id-4/1500309.html/
http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...ppeared-after-cleaning&highlight=bleach+spots

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I wouldn't just simply offer money in exchange for removing the review.
She might get the feeling that your just trying to "buy her out", which might turn her off even more.

If you really want it removed, and can accept kissing her ass and maybe eating the loss......try putting that 500 together with the 700 from insurance and offer to replace everything...........of course contingent upon her removing the review............otherwise, the best thing would be to post a professional reply to her review, and do your best to bury it with positive new ones.

Reactions: GCCLee

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm pissed because I'm not under insured, and I didn't cause the spots.

She originally complained about the spots in her bedroom and filed a claim for her bedroom. The discoloration in the living area was from a pet,

5 year old carpet $1800.00 for 2 rooms 1/2 the area we agreed upon would be $900.00 for new carpet, she's not considering I didn't clean new carpet its 5 years old.
The value is depreciated the $750.00 settlement my insurance offered her a month after the claim she's rejected because she wants more.

Its only gone on 6 months because she's scamming.

They finally said take it or leave it, I assume she took it and then wrote the review because they wouldn't write her a check for everything she wanted!

I hate liars and she's lied several times to my claims guy.

I'm really considering suing her for being overzealous with the facts in her review.

She states why was I wondering she didn't use Wrigleys?

Her daughter said They were family friends for over 10 years and they came over all the time.

He has 3 trucks does mostly rentals and carpet dyeing and according to her he had cleaned every 6 months for the last 5 years. I'm more curious as to why now? why me? I sold Patrick his first unit when he went into business and he's a good guy.

But here it is 1 am and I got a huge day tomorrow and I probably wont sleep tonight because of this crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
She states why was I wondering she didn't use Wrigleys?

Her daughter said They were family friends for over 10 years and they came over all the time.

He has 3 trucks does mostly rentals and carpet dyeing and according to her he had cleaned every 6 months for the last 5 years. I'm more curious as to why now? why me? I sold Patrick his first unit when he went into business and he's a good guy.

But here it is 1 am and I got a huge day tomorrow and I probably wont sleep tonight because of this crap.

This Patrick guy may be your ace-in-the-hole.

Break out the knee-pads and reach out to this Patrick guy and feel him out regarding his willingness to help you out by explaining the situation and the possible causes to it to them. If he is as close to them as they say, they should value his opinion. Try to have him get them to reconsider the situation and mediate a resolution whatever it costs you.

I think it may be in his best interest to both help out close friends as well as a friendly local carpet cleaner at the same time.

Let him know you will owe him your next born child.

Good fookin luck with this one.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
It may be a littl too late now, but I would get a few yarns from the affected areas and unaffected areas. You can send them to Professional Testing Lab in Dalton Ga. They will run the yarns under a gas chromatograph. This will them them what foreign materials are present. This will cost at least 100.00 for the test. The problem is even if it shows benzoyl peroxide she will still blame you.

as mentioned above you may want to just add 500. To the insurance settlement and be done with her.

yes you are getting ripped off but how many restless nights will continuing this cost you. Most of us have been ripped off by a customer at some point but it is part of the business.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Totally disagree...........

I am all for the customer service thing.....I have no problem going back and taking care of something even though I KNOW it was not due to the cleaning and not my fault.......that's just knowing how to run a good stable company...

but there is a line... _______________________________________

me and my son in law ( he has been married to my oldest daughter for 10 years now...real good kid )....were cleaning a 2 story home for some client that I have been doing work for 7 years......never ever have I had any problems with them...not one of my favorite clients...a little uppity for my liking but never the less long time clients......

2 weeks after we did the job...( same damn thing for the last 7 years...all the carpet up stairs and the stair case..and all the tile down stairs )...she calls and said her son...was missing some money.....and that she will never us us again...she does not say how much...just it is missing out of her kids room....Tia explains to her that there is no way that we did it and they talked about it and that was that....so I thought...now just over a month later Tia gets a call from a detective..apparently...these people have hired a detective and want me and my son in law to go in and explane our side of the story....we are now finding out the there is over 2k..cash... missing for this kids room....

here is how it went....when we got there...the kid was still in bed..( pretty normal..happens all the time...either the daughter or the son is still in bed no matter what time of day I get there )....we always start up stairs with the carpet because we have tile to clean down stairs...while mom is getting up the son...we set up and start in master bed room....during this time he picks trash...furniture...dirty close and all kinds of crap off the floor and throws it on the bed....we get done with the master and while son in law is pre-spraying the daughters room I noticed that there was crap all on the floor and piled at the base boards...we did not vacuum this room due to him still being in there....so I grabbed the vacuum hose and vacuumed up all the trash along the base boards and the big stuff in the middle of the floor..there was a small wooden chair still in the corner so I picked it up and laid it on the mess on the bed...pulled the hose out of the way...son in law pre-sprays that room and takes the Hoss and cleans both rooms....he gets done with the Hoss so I take it down stairs and then go back up..he is edging the rooms and dry vacuuming.....we get done..move everything to the base of the stairs...he starts pre-spraying them...I go back up and brush out the carpets...we get done with the stairs.....do all the tile...collect check and leave....so I was with him the entire time except when the Hoss went down stairs......never the less.....I know this kid and I trust him with everything that I have...

talk with detective...polygraph....fingerprints....what ever...

months later...we find out that the only set of prints on this box..( that still yet today I have no clue as to what it even looks like ) are his and only family members.....case closed..
so a little time goes by and she rights a bad review.......

so we just counter acted with what the police report showed and just let it go....we have gotten more good reviews and it is just going away...never have heard another word about it....

I don't lie...I don't take things that are not mine....If I am doing an empty and there is a quarter or what ever laying on the floor...I put it on the counter....
I was raised better then that.....

and I will be dammed if someone is going to get away with accusing me of something that I did not do................

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Grrrr, hate to hear that Sam. Personally, I think that when you just KNOW you're in the right, I usually stand on it. I've never been to court for anything like that but maybe as a last resort.
Feel these people out really good before you make a move. Don't let the drama play out on a review thread somewhere. Did you say where the bad review was left?

The Clean Machine

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
What site was the review on? Google? How many good reviews?

If you only have a few good reviews, you can delete the listing and start over. Your listing will be gone for 2-3 months if you delete.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
What site was the review on? Google? How many good reviews?

If you only have a few good reviews, you can delete the listing and start over. Your listing will be gone for 2-3 months if you delete.

Google man called me yesterday!

I politely answered the phone with "whatcha tryin to sell me today buddy"

Listened to 2 sec of his crap, then proceeded to tell him to go get f@@ked!

I cant eat if I pay all these sumbeechs that keep callin.....

Screw that noise. I have a website, social media, free yelp this an that.
I Get out and talk to people most importantly.

Someone telling someone else about you face to face will have more power over these turd sniffin headphone wearing livin in a cubicle box pricks!

If you call to try and market to me, ya might not like what ya get freelodin dingle berries!

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I would be tempted to write:

Mrs. Jones, as we have stated, our inspection of the area revealed the spots to be caused by benzoyl peroxide (a product most commonly found in acne medication). Being that the bleached areas are in your daughter's bedroom, I would suspect that to be the source of the benzoyl peroxide. These bleached areas are not caused by carpet cleaning, though cleaning can accelerate the bleaching process. Given time, the spots would have materialized all on their own.

If you can get a certified carpet inspector to refute my findings and indicate that we are the cause of these bleached areas, we will of course replace the carpet for you.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I don't lie...I don't take things that are not mine....If I am doing an empty and there is a quarter or what ever laying on the floor...I put it on the counter.......[/QUOTE]

Jim,

We are the same. We always find coins in empty rentals and leave on the counter or area we found them.

Always want to show respect to everyone and everything we come in contact with.

Way to support your son in law too! I feel the same about mine and I know it would have torn him up having to go through this. Your support had to be a big help!

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I would calmly and professionally compose your response with the facts.

Don't get into it with her just explain your position as you have done here. Same solutions used on all the carpet, it didn't all looked bleached. Bedroom carpets often have trouble with benzoil peroxide type spots and while you did nothing wrong you still felt some concern for her so you turned it in to your insurance. This have never happened before, its not caused by your cleaning but by products used that are walked off onto the carpet.

add this link to what ever you write:
http://www.msue.msu.edu/objects/con...sion_id.494146/workspace_id.-4/01500309.html/

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just showed my wife, She says I know "I accidentally mailed here a reminder card on the bottom of the card it says rate us here!

Lol.

Damn I practically invited here to screw me.

My wife just showed me a letter from the the customer

They told her again claim denied for both rooms carpet value $1100.00 of the one room minus depreciation $768.66.

I turned over to my insurance the moment there was a problem, I didn't admit fault texted her the link from MSU page about carpet stains. Then i let her deal with them.

Mid stream she flips the script and wants 2 rooms after admitting there was a huge urine stain from the dog.

It looks like she gonna sue for more for what shes sent me in the letter.

Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I would be tempted to write:

Mrs. Jones, as we have stated, our inspection of the area revealed the spots to be caused by benzoyl peroxide (a product most commonly found in acne medication). Being that the bleached areas are in your daughter's bedroom, I would suspect that to be the source of the benzoyl peroxide. These bleached areas are not caused by carpet cleaning, though cleaning can accelerate the bleaching process. Given time, the spots would have materialized all on their own.

If you can get a certified carpet inspector to refute my findings and indicate that we are the cause of these bleached areas, we will of course replace the carpet for you.

I know it sounds easier to give in and keep a good image which being priceless - you're almost willing to do anything .. YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE .. I'm sure you're allowed to counter review .. post a response ..

You can respond with you're sorry you didn't explain properly what may have caused this cleaning .. I'd apologize for upsetting her and not properly explaining (convincing) how this would of happened .. ( not saying you didn't) but to state on the review your position so the public at large sees and comes to their own conclusion ..

Hello Mrs Hard to Please, I am sorry I have failed to convince you the bleached out spots were a pre-existing condition. Most times it takes a hot water extraction to intensify the chemical reaction to a product hiding in the fibers. Therefore only seen after a professional cleaning. Of course it would make sense to you our system would have caused that. But that is not the case. If our system causes the drips throughout, I'd believe the whole carpet would be affected.

Because I value your business, I wanted to do all I can to make you happy. I forwarded this concern to my insurance company hoping to resolve the issue and keep our relationship in good standing. I am not under insured, it's the insurance company who places a current value on what is considered damaged. If your carpet was new, you would have received new.

Again, I understand your anger and I wish I could have brought it to your attention during the cleaning. You weren't present and I failed to contact you. We truly stand behind our work and did all we thought we could to help you. I hope this doesn't ruin our relationship and we hope to clean for you again. I will offer you a free room of cleaning if you will accept.
Thank you for your time,
Ass Kisser

I know some of may not agree with this but most importantly, the public will see you're a company willing to go above and beyond to try and repair the relationship .. I'd hire ya .. shit .. you were right on top of the replacement knowing you weren't the cause .. that's standing behind your work at 200%

She says she's gonna post pics later - maybe she's trying to black male you ??? So many people out there might realize it's not your fault and might feel bad for you. The ones who blame you are the ones onstage of a Jerry Springer show.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Mid stream she flips the script and wants 2 rooms after admitting there was a huge urine stain from the dog.

Insurance companies usually don't cover domestic animal accidents .. keep the focus on that .. the carpet was damaged before you got there .. hire an inspector to state pre-existing damage .. I'm not sure if a customer can claim you damaged a damaged carpet .. stay focused on pee damage ..

Also write down every discoloration and if pee was mentioned also document during the pre-inspection ..

even if you call to leave a message .. if she's not home, leave the message on the home phone to let them know you found something before you cleaned

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sam,
Hard to believe, but a good, polite, professional (not emotional) friendly and factual (not too long) response to her bad review may actually do your business good.

Emphasize that all the products that you use are 5th generation approved, therefore cannot cause any damage to the carpet as they are approved by the manufacturer. Shortly explain about products that are left in carpet that react with the water that people may have spilled without even being aware of. DO NOT BLAME ANYBODY.

And if you want to, emphasize that though you're not obliged to (as surely your pre-existing waver that she signed clearly states), you went out of your way to make her happy.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous to offer replacement for damage that we all know you have not done. I know that sometime it is a simpler and more practical solution to a problem. Though it may be the "road less painful" it is still ridiculous.

My disclaimer that all clients sign says:"We have no control of what chemicals were spilled or used on the fabric prior to our cleaning. The fabric may be permanently damaged by a chemical reaction to the cleaning (change or lighten colors, bleeding, browning etc.) This damage may be visible only after drying."

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just showed my wife, She says I know "I accidentally mailed here a reminder card on the bottom of the card it says rate us here!

Lol.

Damn I practically invited here to screw me.

My wife just showed me a letter from the the customer

They told her again claim denied for both rooms carpet value $1100.00 of the one room minus depreciation $768.66.

I turned over to my insurance the moment there was a problem, I didn't admit fault texted her the link from MSU page about carpet stains. Then i let her deal with them.

Not sure about this and your insurance, but if there is a replacemnt coverage clause and after the clients replace the carpet, like other similar claims they would submit their paid invoice to recieve the remainder of the money. That forces the home owner to actually replace the item damaged and not just pocket the money. Happens to everyone. It is also known as ACV (actual cash value)

Maybe talk to your agent about this to find out about your coverage.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Yes - keep it as short, simple and too the point .. do what Ofer says .. I'm just giving you ideas to pluck from .. I'm upset she took advantage of you .. thats why I rattled on !!!

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
It may not be good for my business, but I swear I will never offer to pay for pre-existing conditions that are only revealed by cleaning if using recommended cleaning methods and approved products. IMO, turning it over to the insurance company or offering to pay for damage only admits possible blame, no matter what you say to the customer.

I will explain to the customer that my cleaning agents do not contain bleach and cannot remove color from a carpet, and even if they did, they would remove color from all the carpet, not just some spots. The water used to clean the carpet simply activated some type of bleach already present. They can take me to court if they like.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Jim,

We are the same. We always find coins in empty rentals and leave on the counter or area we found them.

Always want to show respect to everyone and everything we come in contact with.

Way to support your son in law too! I feel the same about mine and I know it would have torn him up having to go through this. Your support had to be a big help![/QUOTE]

Did a $100 job the other day went outside with the cash realized he gave me $120.00 went back in and hand it to saing you gave me to much.

Hopefully my response is a no brainier for the service professional.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Is anyone willing to share their liability waiver? Is there a way to keep them paperless by signing it on my iPad or through email somehow if no one will be there during cleaning? I HATE PAPER! I've never used a damage waiver but am afraid this may be a "chink in my armor".

The Clean Machine

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If she has less than five Yelp reviews her review will become filtered in about a week. Ignore it.

At this point I'd back off of offering anything to replace the carpet. If you want, tell the customer her review made you decide to stop working with her, since she now is trying to get even more carpet replaced at your expense and the negative review feels like coercion. Turn it over to your insurance company to handle or give an attorney some direction. Stop talking directly with this person. (Not advice, just me, I'd rather pay an attorney than let a cheater know that I'm fair game to be cheated again in the future, and go tell all of your cheater friends that I'm an easy mark.)

If she has a lot of reviews, you're going to have to do some damage control and respond. If she's a chronic complainer experienced Yelp users will see that.

Your response is directed toward potential customers that want to know how you might handle a concern of theirs, so take Brian's advice and keep it short. It may be something along the lines of; We think we've gone above and beyond to take care of a situation that was not caused by our workmanship and to give a customer the best possible outcome. Since you have rejected our offer and have expanded your claim to cover areas that you know have nothing to do with our cleaning, we have no choice but to let our insurance company handle the claim from this point forward.

Do not respond to anything else she may add.

Good luck.

Reactions: John Olson

Becker

Name
Becker
Not true at all. Oz.

Every review I get on yelp gets filter but one neg.
talked to yep recently trying to get it removed or filtered. They replied said they feel it is valid and it will remain.

I have no clue who the yeller is. However. 2 years now it still remains.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom