First bad review

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
fabricate a box with a trap door that is operated by pulling a string or rope...
fill this box with wide headed roofing nails and attach this box to the underside of a friends car...then run the string under the car and up next to yor seat......so that when you pull the string or rope....the trap door opens and releases about 2 lbs of sED nails onto pavement.....very therapeutic ........
not that i have ever given this any thought!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
fabricate a box with a trap door that is operated by pulling a string or rope...
fill this box with wide headed roofing nails and attach this box to the underside of a friends car...then run the string under the car and up next to yor seat......so that when you pull the string or rope....the trap door opens and releases about 2 lbs of sED nails onto pavement.....very therapeutic ........
not that i have ever given this any thought!
Can I see your cad drawings of it? :twisted:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Boy - dont piss Bob off .. hes dangerous .. next he'll want you to fill a bottle with ice tea, hang a piece of cloth out of it and set it next to a pack of matches on her door step ..

Reactions: GCCLee

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Boy - dont piss Bob off .. hes dangerous .. next he'll want you to fill a bottle with ice tea, hang a piece of cloth out of it and set it next to a pack of matches on her door step ..

never underestimate the prowess of an old person wit nothing to lose.........
lik when i called out to Vegas and cancelled Mikeys booth at connections.....
now that was the good ol' days ...huh Mikey?

notice:
if i should come up missing at the fest..........

MIKEY DID IT!!!!!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
This subject also brings up an important need:

It will be nice if, (Cleanfax, or a MB contributor, or the IICRC (if they ever wake up) or an association and or the infamous CRI), will provide an official report (article) (study) regarding mystery stains.

If we can have an official looking document that explains the phenomena, that we can present to the client it will make a huge difference.

Any such article/study in existence?

Last edited:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
This subject also brings up an important need:

It will be nice if, (Cleanfax, or a MB contributor, or the IICRC (if they ever wake up) or an association and or the infamous CRI), will provide an official report (article) (study) regarding mystery stains.

If we can have an official looking document that explains the phenomena, that we can present to the client it will make a huge difference.

Any such article/study in existence?

Actually the closest thing to that document was written by Walt Lipscomb of Allied Fibers. I believe it was called Latent Discolorations and other Mystery Spots. It covered everything from Benzoyl Peroxide to urine and fertilizers. It was originally written in 1982 way before the internet. I think the SCRT association has it as a technical bulletin. You may also go to the CRI www.carpet-rug.org and look under technical bulletins. You may also check out Jeff Bishops books as he has written almost everything of importance in the industry.
Scott Warrington may also be helpful as he is real old.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thank you Bill.
But you do know that you're dealing with carpet cleaners, right?

Any links to an actual article and I'll forward the keys to the kingdom.

Or, would any guru volunteer to write one? That will be awesome. And if you do, God bless, please make it directed towards the consumer not the carpet cleaner. It will work better that way.

Last edited:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Thank you Bill.
But you do know that you're dealing with carpet cleaners, right?

Any links to an actual article and I'll forward the keys to the kingdom.

Or, would any guru volunteer to write one? That will be awesome. And if you do, God bless, please make directed towards the consumer not the carpet cleaner. It will work better that way.

Ofer the point I was making was the article was written pre internet (no links). I do believe that www.SCRT.org has it in their tech bulletins and may have converted it to a digital file. As for the CRI technical bulletins http://www.carpet-rug.org/carpet-and-rug-industry/research-and-resources/technical-bulletins.cfm

Ofer the point I was making was the article was written pre internet (no links). I do believe that www.SCRT.org has it in their tech bulletins and may have converted it to a digital file. As for the CRI technical bulletins http://www.carpet-rug.org/carpet-and-rug-industry/research-and-resources/technical-bulletins.cfm

One other area that is free is www.cleanfax.com do a search on any article written by Doctor Aziz who is a PhD chemist and has written for Cleanfax for at least 20 years. Being published in a trade magazine gives it the credibility you are looking for.
And I believe Jeff Bishop has written any bulletin you could ever ask for but you will need to buy his manuals. Still cheaper than lawyers.

And I believe Jeff Bishop has written any bulletin you could ever ask for but you will need to buy his manuals. Still cheaper than lawyers.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff

SamIam

Name
sam miller
After my wife mailed here a reminder card with rate us here www.sammillerscarpetcare.net she copied the card and circled rate us here, she's definitely trying to squeeze more out of me. My wife feels like shes trying to extort money from us.

I really feel like suing for libel Fred.

But I really think an offer of up to $500.00 to settle it would be more then fair since she already got $756.00 from the insurance.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I wonder what she'd be thinking if you told her you were going to hire a carpet inspector to get to the bottom of what may have caused the bleaching .. I'd be scared if I were purposely trying to screw you and probably say never mind ..

I'd hire the inspector at this point .. just think, if somehow it's proven to be her fault, you could make her pay

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Already went through this. Similar scenario of athletes foot cream all over on 3 month old high end carpet.

Customer had a buddy who worked for Shaw. He was threatening left and right.

Actually Bill Y. helped me on this one. I simply told him "you hire your inspector and I will hire my inspector". Because he was claiming along with the Shaw rep we caused it with our prespray.

A few more phone conversations stating the same thing over again, and I didn't hear from him again.

I would guess at least $5k worth of carpet was at risk. You could see the footprints on the stairs.

I'm glad I haven't had to deal with that again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
How about a sheet that describes the possibility of discolorations popping through during the cleaning process .. kinda pre-warning the customer the act of HWE may intensify what ever has been left in the carpet by the customer ..

I'm thinking some cologne and perfumes may cause this type of discoloration as well .. you could list the possibilities .. shows them you're aware .. carry back up documentation incase they question further

Besides pointing out discolorations, I look for wrinkles .. every time I see wrinkles, I always point them out .. I've had so many say," Oh, I've never noticed that." Yeah, ok!!!

I have a sheet in my clipboard that states resolve may cause your light carpet to turn pink - I had a carpet reveal a pink tint after removing the black residue .. customer wanted to blame me, I pull out the sheet, she leaves me alone

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The good news is this has only happened once in 20 years averaging 4 stops a day to me.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The ASCR put out a very nice "latent stain" bulletin along with sending members copies of the Allied pamphlet. I don't think we've had a single claim in regard to latent staining since we started referring to that bulletin. Just one of those little things that associations use their member's money to develop that help their members be more competitive than those that don't join and don't contribute.

Reactions: John Olson

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The ASCR put out a very nice "latent stain" bulletin along with sending members copies of the Allied pamphlet. I don't think we've had a single claim in regard to latent staining since we started referring to that bulletin. Just one of those little things that associations use their member's money to develop that help their members be more competitive than those that don't join and don't contribute.
Ouch!

You don't play fair Bryan, do you? :winky:

I used to belong to ASCR, neat association. Still a self interest group though, so not perceived as partial by the consumer.
A good public article by a known authority, will have much more credibility.

(And please not Dr. Aziz, who is a great guy and a treasure of knowledge, who's writing is so scientific that no known human (beside Shawn and there's no proof yet, that he is human) was able to understand.

Why don't you write an article Bryan? You're smart, elaborate, difinitely opinionated and just a minor yet brilliant self interest group.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Update In the letter she sent me she has exhibit a b c so I'm definetly getting served at some point.

The good need is her daughter and my carpet cleaning friends daughter were in fact best friends and they admitted to cleaning the carpets and will vouch there was pet urine in the carpet.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Update In the letter she sent me she has exhibit a b c so I'm definetly getting served at some point.

The good need is her daughter and my carpet cleaning friends daughter were in fact best friends and they admitted to cleaning the carpets and will vouch there was pet urine in the carpet.
If it does go that way, which I hope it doesn't for you. Do all you can to get the person to court with you. It will carry much more weight than any written document you could take with you.

I saw the judge toss aside a document a homeowner was hoping to use against us concerning the need for replacing an HVAC unit after a fire. Without him there it was as if the document we wrote didn't exist.

Fortunately we had many pictures so even had he show up they didn't stand a chance. Crooked people trying to get away with something, the judge saw right through them. He even chastised them for wasting the courts time. :icon_cool:

Reactions: Brian H

Brian H

Name
Brian H
If it does go that way, which I hope it doesn't for you. Do all you can to get the person to court with you. It will carry much more weight than any written document you could take with you.

I saw the judge toss aside a document a homeowner was hoping to use against us concerning the need for replacing an HVAC unit after a fire. Without him there it was as if the document we wrote didn't exist.

Fortunately we had many pictures so even had he show up they didn't stand a chance. Crooked people trying to get away with something, the judge saw right through them. He even chastised them for wasting the courts time. :icon_cool:

I've got a VERY good record when going to court. I never let it get that far unless I KNOW we will win. If we legitimately messed something up we never let it that far anyways. We would just settle with the homeowner.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's how we handle it also. If we did it we repair or replace it. As far as court we've only gone 3-times in 47-years.

Twice to small claims, won both. Once to real court won it also but it cost more in attorney fees than the deadbeat owed us. So I'd say that we really lost.

Stay out of court if you can!

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
I'm Rick James
Boy oh boy that sure is some drama there..

Just curious.. if it wasn't your fault, then why did you offer to have the carpets replaced? I think at that point you made her problem YOUR problem and its something that is going to cost you.

Its not that bad that you got a bad review, it matters how you handle the bad review.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Next time I'll do what Bill Y suggests if it ever happens again.

And cut a few fibers for testing or I'll say get a carpet I didactic and if they. Can prove negligence I'm all yours.

Really though I have over 25 star reviews and I was trying to end it peacefully.

The fact that we agreed to take care 1 room bath and closet not the urine stained living room is why I turned to my insurance for a. $765.00 loss .

She's changed the game by wanting more and have argue with my insurance for 6 months getting declined 5 timed because if the urine.

Now she's stating I didn't mention urine in the contract so any discoloration in the living room is my fault too.

I already turned it into my insurance I'm willing to help and be honest she'd lying and going for broke.

Like I said earlier the last carpet cleaner will corroborate my side of the story. Verifying urine on the carpet.

Ps were all geniuses after the fact.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Next time I'll do what Bill Y suggests if it ever happens again.

And cut a few fibers for testing or I'll say get a carpet I didactic and if they. Can prove negligence I'm all yours.

Really though I have over 25 star reviews and I was trying to end it peacefully.

The fact that we agreed to take care 1 room bath and closet not the urine stained living room is why I turned to my insurance for a. $765.00 loss .

She's changed the game by wanting more and have argue with my insurance for 6 months getting declined 5 timed because if the urine.

Now she's stating I didn't mention urine in the contract so any discoloration in the living room is my fault too.

I already turned it into my insurance I'm willing to help and be honest she'd lying and going for broke.

Like I said earlier the last carpet cleaner will corroborate my side of the story. Verifying urine on the carpet.

Sam,

I know this won't help you in this situation, but if this forces everyone to do a more thorough inspection before cleaning then it will protect us from these type of customers. As you said you have been doing this for many years and it is the first time you got nailed. If you are at MF next week I will tell you some of the ones that got me. We all know the feeling.

Reactions: GCCLee

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino

Maybe you should get a notarized statement from this previous cleaner before he changes his mind .. as for proof of urine, I'm thinking there's gotta be some kind of residue an inspector should find which I'm thinking maybe send an inspector in if possible before she alters it

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Maybe you should get a notarized statement from this previous cleaner before he changes his mind .. as for proof of urine, I'm thinking there's gotta be some kind of residue an inspector should find which I'm thinking maybe send an inspector in if possible before she alters it

Yes Paul there is a test called gas chromatograph that would identify the urine. But you need a few tufts of the carpet and send them to a lab, usually in Dalton. I doubt this lady will actually let anyone take a sample because she knows what it is.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I would love to see what the backside of that rug looks like : )

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I could see her not allowing anyone in .. maybe a letter from the lawyer stating the carpet becomes property of the insurance company and when they get ahold of it, they'll send it to the lab and once they find out urine is what caused the damage , they'll file a suit

I watch too many movies .. speaking of movies, wasn't there one where the guy threw bottles of bleach through the windows .. anybody see that ..

J

JS41035

Sam,

I know this won't help you in this situation, but if this forces everyone to do a more thorough inspection before cleaning then it will protect us from these type of customers. As you said you have been doing this for many years and it is the first time you got nailed. If you are at MF next week I will tell you some of the ones that got me. We all know the feeling.

Geez if he's at mikeysfest I'm buying him a beer. Rough mess man. I have had the exact same thing happen but the customer admitted it wasn't my fault. Hope it all works out for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom