First laugh of 2012 - pressure washing......mold

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I am pretty sure this beats the guy who was licking the moldy wall.

We came in quoting a few REO mold abatement projects at roughly $140k...... We found out a national chain offered a price of $42,000..... which you will just have to trust me is waaaay low.

Well, even they didn't get the job - because someone came in lower :shock:

I guess it's easy to come in under even the cost of doing the job (right), when your mold abatement protocol is to pressure wash, (even finished areas), dry down, and walk.

I think I'd rather have ozone and that guys tongue !gotcha!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The next 1-2 years is going to be interesting for the Water/Mold/Fire portion of our industry... just wait and see.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Hoody said:
The next 1-2 years is going to be interesting for the Water/Mold/Fire portion of our industry... just wait and see.

No kidding on that! Especially in the apartment game around here

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
The Update:

Their abatement failed, on all of the properties.... :shock:

One of the properties, the spore counts were higher.... and not just a little bit higher, monstrously higher.... I guess that's not too surprising considering they pressure washed the entire inside of finished homes, ceiling to floor, 2nd floor, 1st floor, and basement, and to dry the entire structures, installed one dehu....

I wasn't aware this level of stupid existed.

I was told by the realtor, contractor, and investor who bought the homes I wasn't awarded the projects because I was ridiculously overpriced. I'm thinking right about now would be a great time to send a follow up letter to those quotes shiteatinggrin

Let them know I am offering a "previous contractor who eff'd it up the first time" sale, 10% of what you paid to make your problems worse, credited to the now higher price of remediation.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
indyallpro said:
I wasn't aware this level of stupid existed
Not only from the guys doing the remidiation but also the owner, realtor and contractor, they should have known just from the difference in price. People like that kill me all they look at is price-price-price.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
RGH269 said:
indyallpro said:
Not only from the guys doing the remidiation but also the owner, realtor and contractor, they should have known just from the difference in price. People like that kill me all they look at is price-price-price.

Get use to it, if you thought the bidding wars were bad now, its only going to get worse.

The only benefit to this is, while every one is rushing to be a wanna-be restorer, they'll disregard the services that got them to that point, and that is where you can capitalize! !gotcha!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Hoody said:
RGH269 said:
indyallpro said:

Get use to it, if you thought the bidding wars were bad now, its only going to get worse.

The only benefit to this is, while every one is rushing to be a wanna-be restorer, they'll disregard the services that got them to that point, and that is where you can capitalize! !gotcha!

whats leading you to believe the bidding wars are going to get worse?? and what about the industry is going to be interesting, do tell

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Lower your price and just cover everything with Killz and tell them the problem is solved. Isnt that what property managers want?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom