First page of Google

Beeks

Name
J.R.
hard work pays off, i have been working on my SEO a ton for the last few months and have finally gotten my site to the first page of google. The thing im a little confused in why. I have been on the first page of yahoo and bing for the keywords, Orlando Carpet Cleaning. Though this morning after typing in the top 3 keyword searches for my area, i noticed that Orlando Carpet Cleaners got me ranked on the first page, when my home page main keyword is Orlando Carpet Cleaning. Now these search words are searched the same in the eyes of google from doing my research, so im confused in why im ranked on first page with this one and on 2nd/3rd for orlando carpet cleaning and carpet cleaning orlando....

so tell me why guru's

Beeks

Name
J.R.
because that is incorrect

from when i searched, all three "keywords" were getting searched the same, obviously the numbers arent identical but google made it seem like they were, so if this is the main reason why, then that would make sense.

FredC

Village Idiot
if you are talking about the search volume using the keyword tool...that is not uncommon...the number is also usually inflated...mostly due to seo searches

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Beeks,

Don't worry about organic soo much, everything is your google local listing(imo)...

We had 1k impressions last month for google local, out of 1k impressions... 5 people actually clicked to our website...

What's it mean? Local listing is more important than you organic results. People go there see a phone number and call, no answer they call next in line.

As far as organic goes, is your title tag(top of page) "Orlando Carpet Cleaners"? I'd change it to Orlando Carpet Cleaning. Cleaning is searched for more than cleaners.

Really though, I'd spend my time making my local listing #1 and not worry about organic. Add videos, photos and so on.

FredC

Village Idiot
Your organic listing IS your local listing. The difference is in the display for a given query. In other words what would be the top ten organics are displayed as the places pack for queries like "carpet cleaning orlando" ....at least if they are a location match and connected to a places/plus account

Those that do not show on the places pack that would show organically do so because they are out of the "area" of the query. These usually show as organics above the map pack...or right below.

Doesn't really matter......just saying the methods used to rank your site organically are the same for places......

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
https://startpage.com/eng/? for a proper search without worrying about your cookies or clearing your history. Map listings are not included in this.

Orlando Carpet Cleaning

Orlando Carpet Cleaners

carpet cleaning orlando

These are all different search terms and don't expect to rank for them equally at the same time. With the right strategy, you will rand for all of them, just not at the same rate. I would work on the search term that is used the most first

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Is that startpage really good to use to search without cookies being stored? I've noticed lately even when I clear cookies/history the search still displays wrong.

In regards to the keywords being on first page, it would also depend on what keyword you have been working the most on in your seo? Are you using orlando carpet cleaning as your main seo term? I've noticed with my site, using carpet cleaning las vegas on most of my seo works has ranked me under carpet cleaning in las vegas, las vegas carpet cleaning, etc. I haven't done much for those other keywords, but just the main one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beeks

Name
J.R.
i am using oralndo carpet cleaning on my home page, and switch it up on the rest of the pages, orlando carpet cleaners, carpet cleaning orlando, etc. Should i use this term on all the pages?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
i am using oralndo carpet cleaning on my home page, and switch it up on the rest of the pages, orlando carpet cleaners, carpet cleaning orlando, etc. Should i use this term on all the pages?

Yes I would stick to orlando carpet cleaning right now and see what you can do with that. It seems like google is picking up those 3 keywords and using it for substitues on carpet cleaning in orlando, carpet cleaners orlando, etc.

Answerphone

Name
Jeff
hard work pays off, i have been working on my SEO a ton for the last few months and have finally gotten my site to the first page of google. The thing im a little confused in why. I have been on the first page of yahoo and bing for the keywords, Orlando Carpet Cleaning. Though this morning after typing in the top 3 keyword searches for my area, i noticed that Orlando Carpet Cleaners got me ranked on the first page, when my home page main keyword is Orlando Carpet Cleaning. Now these search words are searched the same in the eyes of google from doing my research, so im confused in why im ranked on first page with this one and on 2nd/3rd for orlando carpet cleaning and carpet cleaning orlando....

so tell me why guru's

Hey Beeks!

Looks like you've got a little one on the way from your picture...me too! Just found out! Congrats!

As for your SEO, I've toyed around in this field for years. I've also used a program called Internet Business Promoter that does all kinds of crazy checks like comparing your keywords to the other top sites, looks at phrase density, even looks at your link back quality. The program is super easy to use, and you can generate like a 50pg report from it that tells you how to optimize your site for a particular search engine. Pretty cool stuff actually.

If you'd like, you can pm me your website address and email, and I'd be happy to run a report on your site for you. I'd just need your email address. The same offer goes for anyone else who is interested in SEO, and I'd be happy to do it at no charge. Might give you some insight on how to hit #1 on page #1 :)

Reactions: Beeks

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Great info but if you really want to be #1 on google its just takes $$$ its called adwords. lol
Hey Beeks!

Looks like you've got a little one on the way from your picture...me too! Just found out! Congrats!

As for your SEO, I've toyed around in this field for years. I've also used a program called Internet Business Promoter that does all kinds of crazy checks like comparing your keywords to the other top sites, looks at phrase density, even looks at your link back quality. The program is super easy to use, and you can generate like a 50pg report from it that tells you how to optimize your site for a particular search engine. Pretty cool stuff actually.

If you'd like, you can pm me your website address and email, and I'd be happy to run a report on your site for you. I'd just need your email address. The same offer goes for anyone else who is interested in SEO, and I'd be happy to do it at no charge. Might give you some insight on how to hit #1 on page #1 :)

FredC

Village Idiot

I'd be careful with this ...its a generous offer but..

Following the suggestions of some of the reports from programs like IBP, LA website auditor etc (I have many) can have really negative affects

Answerphone

Name
Jeff
I'd be careful with this ...its a generous offer but..

Following the suggestions of some of the reports from programs like IBP, LA website auditor etc (I have many) can have really negative affects

Absolutely 110% correct. The key is implementing changes over at least a couple months, and continually updating the website. One of the interesting things I've learned is that google actually patented their search algorithm, so you can look and see how they rank their websites. The problem is, I don't know if it talks about how they blacklist websites that try to get the best of their ranking system.

Here's a great article on the topic.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
BAM!!!! First page of google with my main keyword in my city, all myself no SEO guru monthly payment help! 2 keywords down one more to go! #Hardworkpaysoff

Back
Top Bottom