First Rug - Thanks Steve Andrews!

I just finished binding this rug. This was just made from some scrap pieces I got from a carpet retailer. Thought I'd start out simple for my first one.

I learned how to do this with Steve Andrew's videos. The binding is even done by hand the way he shows to do it in his videos.

This is a lot of fun. I'm going to try something a little more detailed for my next one.

rug1.jpg

rug2.jpg

rug3.jpg

Marc Imbesi

AWESOME JOB!

Here was my first attempt...before video was even invented!

Runner4.jpg

This was area rug that the client wanted a runner to match.

Runner6.jpg

This was the runner I made.

Runner2.jpg

Both together.

This is an original Imbesi Italian hand-made rug....worth more when I die....

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Richard C. said:
Nice work Marc! Where did you come up with the pattern? I have one very, very similar but with browns and olive colors.

C'mon Richard, ya gotta learn to read BETWEEN the pics...................

"This was area rug that the client wanted a runner to match".

Crikey, you young fella's are quick..................... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

John Watson

Not to be knit pickin but does I see a bit of delam on one of them ther rounder thingys?? Or is it a extree wrinkle cause it be older now?

Marc Imbesi

I sent it away for binding...costs like .50/ft and I sell at 1.00...I make more money doing other things than binding myself.

Good eyes John....but that was freshly unrolled and the runner was on top of something in my truck and sandwiched with something else....it did relax out afterwards....whew!

...and I attached a muslin backing (no pic) with latex to the underside to hide the seam tape.

Marc Imbesi

Jay_wat said:
Marc,,,, my mom,,Helen must have pointed that out to my Dad,,John,,,, him good eyes now a days??? Lol

Your dad is using all the tools in his tool box. Let that be a lesson learned for ya, today. LOL!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom