First time grease pit

Bucey

Name
FFA?
First time doing a grease pit resturant. Need a little advice on how to cut throw the grease and get it out. From the looks of it there has been no cleaning in a long time. heavy grease at to kitchen traffic lanes, black not carpet color visable. Thanks for the help this will be a learning experience for me.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
At the risk of being rude...

Near the top is a button called "search" click on it and another window will open. In the top line that can be typed in type the word "restaurant" and you will get more info than you need.

This question has been asked and answered by some of the best minds in this business and you will find their answers there.

Ken Raddon.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm going to ASSume they won't pay what it's worth to roto scrub and and extract...cause very few grease pits will...

nuke it and crank the heat as hot as your Boxer will make.
Hook to their hot water faucet if you can, to give your HX'r a little help in temp rise

Flex or Powerburst at three heaping scoops pr gal mixed in hot water
(no need to go much beyond max with Flex...8 to 1 kicks)

spray the heavy greasy areas HEAVY first, THEN set up the TM.
Then spray every thing heavy.
That gives you MAX dwell time for the pre-spray

slow keyed back strokes
short aggressive chop strokes on the worst/greasiest parts...be sure to give good dry strokes at the ends of chop or you'll get wicking problems

Have 'em pay you in cash
and don't believe them if they say they'll have it done more often if you give them a better price

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Try the great chemicals that rug doctor produces, i'm sure you will love them. Dry slurry aint got nothing on the rug doctor stuff. ITs great

Bucey

Name
FFA?
The owner is Italian, I've know him a while. I told him at least quarterly and the really bad thick stuff mabe every month until it improves. Italian's always pay in CASH!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Good advice (not Raddons ... he's so rude) from everybody. The thing is, most suppliers have an enzyme product that will cut grease. I use Clean Streak from Accelerated Cleaniing Systems, but I'm not suggesting you buy that. I suggest you go to your normal supplier and ask what they have.

And like Larry said, if you can get the money out of them, scrubbing with a green pad really helps.

Name
Lee Stockwell
20" buffer with grey pad, shower feed. A 2000sf grease pit can be scrubbed in about 30 minutes. Sure save more time on the back side. Dema valve and hot water 3/8" line from sink. Slightly more time than HF alone.

No point in "hoeing corn" with a wand when it can be better used to just flush and run.

No BS. Of course we don't use it on the monthlies. Just the "pits".

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok comments and questions.
Scrubbing will absolutely reduce times if two techs, but definately not with one. Who cleans a rest without a helper. The reason I make this statement is I used to watch a company that didn't move tables a few years ago. We always move tables and also find that we can clean just as fast as they did and get a much better job.

Marty you mentioned using pads and so did someone else. I use a brush on a 19" Vera which do you like best, does either cause problems for the cgd

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a brush too, Billy. I use it on residentials and the occasional cut pile commercial. On the normal looped olefin pile, like all restaurants have, I use a red, or green pad. The pads work much better, in my opinion. You have to break in the green on some presprayed concrete for a few seconds first, or you will break you neck when you turn the machine on the first time with it under the 175.

Yeah, you guys are right. I keep forgetting that I work alone and most of you other, normal, non-socially retarded guys work with a helper.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I learned my lesson with restys, they won't pay for the restoration that needs to be done. Quarterly is too long, monthly is better and it will still look "ok" by the time the next cleaning is due.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
No cent's no be maid on grease pit;s. Go to costco and get a gal of degreaser for 6 or 7 dollars if they don't care about there carpet and they don't. You don't need to waste your good money on good carpet cleaning chemicals .

hogjowl

Idiot™
As a general rule, you guys are correct. However, every now and again one will pop up that surprises you. I have a couple of them that pay really well, and close one day a week. So, I don't have to clean them at night.

I actually get enough money out of them to pay to prevac, pretreat, prescrub and extract, and I am working solo, so imagine how much time it takes me to do those two jobs!

I use Clean Streak on them from DooDaddy and it cuts the grease like butter. The only reason I scrub is to get the sand out of the carpet that the vacuum won't dig out.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
SHOW some pride in your work. you decided what to bid for the job. do what's necessary for a quality job. you never know who might see it.

gene

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
Yes i do dilute with hot water. I did grease pits for over 10 years. One owner had one when i stared with him when i was done with him he had 6. I was o so happy when i fired him. I ask him for a raise of $25 per restaurant an he told me he was not making money. So i fired him one of the best dictions i have made. No more discount cleaning for me. that is way i ask what you charge if you can clean all your carpets like the ones in you pic if you can get a carpet clean and you are 19 one of the best things i can tell you is never discount your price. About 12 years ago we raised our price so hi we don't do com any more if we do they pay my price.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
how much time are you giving the enzy to dwell? and are you using it in your extact too?

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Jim Nelson said:
Yes i do dilute with hot water. I did grease pits for over 10 years. One owner had one when i stared with him when i was done with him he had 6. I was o so happy when i fired him. I ask him for a raise of $25 per restaurant an he told me he was not making money. So i fired him one of the best dictions i have made.
No more discount cleaning for me. that is way i ask what you charge if you can clean all your carpets like the ones in you pic if you can get a carpet clean and you are 19 one of the best things i can tell you is never discount your price. About 12 years ago we raised our price so hi we don't do com any more if we do they pay my price.

It about 1000 sq ft Im geting $185. schedule atleast quarterly

Name
Nate W.
GeneMiller said:
SHOW some pride in your work. you decided what to bid for the job. do what's necessary for a quality job. you never know who might see it.

gene

:D

That's the only way to clean!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rstrick said:
how much time are you giving the enzy to dwell? and are you using it in your extact too?

give as much dwell time as practical.
that's why i suggested you spray the worst areas BEFORE you set up the TM hoses

of using a dedicated pre-spray, (formulated to be used as P-S only and not dual use) use a detergent emulsifier made to go thru the TM

..L.T.A.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
nuke it. I like extreme clean by pros choice. put down a shyt ton of highest alkaline presparay you can find ( like 5 - 10 more than residential depending on the area) scrub the hell out of it with watever you have ( I like to put down the prespray with my cimex but a buffer and a red pad will work well). Crank up the heat. If I can get my grease trap mexican resty clean with a porty u should be on easystreet with your boxer.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Martin you change your mind on the clean streak, back in 2008 you didnt really recommend. your choice was jj o2 boosted. tried that no luck. just gooooooo.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
rstrick said:
Martin you change your mind on the clean streak, back in 2008 you didnt really recommend. your choice was jj o2 boosted. tried that no luck. just gooooooo.

I tried Clean Streak and it absolutely DID NOT work for me. In fact it is one of only 2 pre-sprays that I've tried that was so bad that I didn't even use the whole tub, maybe I got a bad batch or something I don't know. Accelerators Super TLP was pretty decent stuff though.

I've got a monthly NASTY restaurant that I clean and I've tried Powerburst, extreme clean, Clean streak, Grand Slam, Grease Eraser, Cobbs powermax and I'm sure a few others that I'm forgetting. All except Clean Streak worked OK, but Grease Eraser worked the best for me.

My next powder is going to be Larry Cobbs Powermax. It is kind of a no brainer. Enzyme, degreaser, and oxidizer in one product. It is priced well, I hear the smell is good, and it works. I will give it a shot.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You're going to have to copy and paste my comments about Clean Streak (from 2008), because I don't recall ever having anything bad to say about it. If you are taking my endorsement of JJ Juice as a negative recommendation on Clean Streak, then I have to say you are making a pretty extreme leap in logic.

I don't use JJ juice anymore either, but that in no way says anything negative regarding Jusdon's products. Judon's products have a real advantage over other products because you can use the package on all cleanig activities from carpet and upholstery to tile and oriental rugs.

Clean Streak has, from my memory, always performed well in restaurants. You may be confusing this issue with other issues I have had over other Accelerated products.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom