First Time Using Pro's Choice OSR

Name
Ross Martin
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I finally ran out of the enzyme product that I was using to treat urine contamination.[/FONT]

This is the first time that I am going to use the OSR to treat a large area of approximately 120-150 square foot.

Any recommendations about dilution, dwell and how much mixed product (gallons) to use to treat the 120 square foot?

I charged $150.00 for the treatment as part of a whole house cleaning, carpet and tile. Was this price good, cheap or expensive?

Thanks, Ross

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I think you're low by about half. As for dilution the directions on the jug are accurate enough to not go over that. Are you going to saturate and use a water claw?

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I think it all depends on the severity of the contamination. If the pad is in pretty good shape you may not have to claw it. I had one a while back lots of area but the level of contamination wasn't to bad a little odor and some staining. I put hot water from my tm in a bucket 2 gals at the time put OSR in a pump up sprayer then add hot water put the lid on fast spray all areas thoroughly and then clean. I did not claw the spots and it turned out good customer was happy.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
5 gallon buckets are only good for MIXING a batch of OSR.

Unless your goal is to totally saturate the subfloor with a quarter inch of standing solution, do yourself a favor, and find something else to actually apply it with.
Garden watering can..... pitcher.....anything that will let you control how much you are putting down, so you only get it as deep as you want to, depending on the conditions......EVENLY.
I have a gallon watering can with a big fan head, where I made the holes a little bigger.
I like to put down one thick "coat" at a time, until I get the right "squish" under my foot when pressing down.
No need to overwet a wooden subfloor, including the tackless and molding, unless that is your goal, if you don't need too.
By far, the easiest way to over wet is by haphazardly "bucket brigading" an entire area.
Also less chance of your solution migrating to somewhere, unknown, that you do not plan on clawing.

Warp a room of unsealed OSB and you'll understand why.....:icon_redface:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom