Fix my BETA ya bastard!

Mikey P

Administrator
many a manufacturer has heard those words out my mouf over the years here on the boards :lol: :lol:

Shawn Y blowme rk sent 3 guys (big wigs) from FMI to MF1 to spend two days fixing all that was wrong with my first off the (new)production line Vortex and now history has been repeated.

Les and some guy wearing a Greenie mask just spent another two days getting my Judson C4 running like it should.

My unit was the only one built with a 1/4 inch plate under the engine, lucky me got to deal with vibrating belts destroying themselves, exhaust pipes breaking off their welds, nuts and bolts mysteriously vanishing amongst other annoyances.

My heat was not what it should have been and the fit and finish of the whole install was less than whitey if you catch my drift..

a good two days of our 2 fat asses crawling under, over and inside the Lima Bean, Les has it running smooth as silk and hotter than hell and I learned some cool tricks

What a difference a 5/8ths plate of steel can make :shock: :shock: :shock:

oh and you NEW Little Giant owners, do yourselves a fave and run it for a week then use Les' video instruction to clean the jets out. There was a half cup of metal dust/crud in the burner ring clogging the those tiny wholes up like you would not believe. Dang thing fires up quicker (and more mysteriously) than one of the twin towers now :shock:
Way too f'n hot now, YOUCH! :oops:

Thanks Jud for sending Les out here, he'll have the expense receipts to you next week!

Mikey P

Administrator
The C4 is a kick ass unit but damn, no more prototypes or betas for me when it comes to something as important as your suckmop..

A new prespray or type of bonnet is one thing but the Money Maker is too important to gamble on..
Just one of the reasons I decided to keep my well sorted out (and virtually worthless) Vortex for another two years while the 887 gets some time under it's V belt...

Mikey P

Administrator
It was Greenies 2nd install..

Not sure if he is wrenching at his job now.

If I had to do it over again I would have bought a box truck and let Les install it in SC than flat bed it out here

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
So Mikey, your sayin that SS is coming out with a 887 now, what happened to the 870? jk (should probably be labeled a 675 or something).

Exactly my deduction in not going with the 870 at this time, I couldn't get any feedback from anyone in the field so not worth the risk.

Mikey P

Administrator
steve g said:
ummm, I thought every one was saying to buy a prochem 650, you went against the advice of the board.

I didn't buy anything Steve.

Not convinced a GD410 blower can do what I want.

If it proves to be under powered for my dual needs I'll be putting two Judsons in a box somewhere down the line.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mikey P said:
[quote="steve g":2pbqz5no]ummm, I thought every one was saying to buy a prochem 650, you went against the advice of the board.

I didn't buy anything Steve.

Not convinced a GD410 blower can do what I want.

If it proves to be under powered for my dual needs I'll be putting two Judsons in a box somewhere down the line.[/quote:2pbqz5no]

Exactly my point.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I'm racking my brain trying to remember anything I have had to do to my EZ3856 since I had to replace that 99 cent o-ring in the regulator a few months back.

Nope. Nothing but oil changes.

C

cucu

Jeff dont do installs at CMS ( how wacky do u think Ray is)

Ray has 2 excellent grease monkeys for all that stuff.
But while you have Les, he might aswell finish out his trip by doing a full service on both of my judsons.....

Did you at least let him eat real food ...or did you make les and Joyce eat that fufu shit too

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I service my 4HT about every 6mths, clean out the jets, knock out the crap from the pipes, hook it back up and then have to turn down the thermostat the next day cause its melting my hose!

Been 3 yrs on my belts so far, tightened them twice.
Don't know if my CanAm was the beta or not but its still going strong. I've done a more mods and basic maintenance than repairs. I like a TM that starts every day.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
rctpks said:
Steve if you were buying a TM today and money wasn't a issue what would you buy for carpet and WDR? :?:

thats a good question and one I hadn't thought about. I guess it would depend, if the machine was for me to use probably a prochem peak. if I was going to have techs use the machine I might still go with the peak, or go with a super simple machine. like a judson TNT.

I don't see the need for a machine with much bigger blower than about a #4 unless one plans to dual wand. a machine of that size is plenty for doing water damage too. more importantly if money was no object what said machine would be mounted in. I am thinking an f 450 extended frame box truck, or a chevy 4500 top kick medium duty with a box. either truck would be diesel I would have to drive a top kick to see how nimble they are. or a just maybe a freightliner business class truck with box. cummins 6.7, ok ok freightliner business class in the smallest and lightest configuration they make would probably be my first choice.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I've thought about the Peak it's a good size. Do you know if it can extract water for 3-4 hours without overheating?

I've not had good luck with diesel's, I just sold my powerstroke turbo. It was a good truck but with multiple drivers, half of them I'm sure just turn the key without allowing time for glow plugs I'm sure we are responsible for some of the issues.

I prefer gas, repairs are cheaper, so is fuel.
Thanks for the response!

Mike Draper

no prob's with my C4. I've checked bolts a few different times and nothing has budged. At 325 hours I prolly need to check my Jets on my LG4. I did just put new spark plugs and an air filter on it. Took me 3 minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom