Flarp Noise Putty removal

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Hi Guys,

My son's friend dumped a can of Flarp putty on his and his mother's bedroom carpet. It's been months since it happened and It has hardened into a nearly stiff black tar like substance. I don't think it reached the backing but she said "it's really in there pretty good".. :eek: that sounded nasty!

Any suggestions as to what type of spotter, solvent I should use? I was thinking Pro Solve Gel might work but... I don't have any. I've got the basic Citrus Solv and I think I might have some Dry Volatile Solvent in the basement along with a can of stuff to freeze gum and then break it apart, but that would just be too easy.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Bill Morgan

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
For odd ball stuff like silly putty, gack and stuff like that. Waterless hand cleaner can work like a charm. I always try to keep some on the truck.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
There is some kind of "slime" that drys black and rock hard, that I have not been able to remove. I see it 1 or 2 times a year. I have tried every kind of solvent, gel, POG, PIG, heat, ect.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Most homemade Flarp (Noise Putty) recipes list the main ingredients as white craft glue (Elmers type), water, and Borax powder.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom