Flash cuff ?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Anyone have any problems with flash cuffs when doing tall buildings? We do 5 to 10 story buildings all the time and was wondering if they hold together under the weight or pull apart?

.... while eating raw fish

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
if your hose held together....you could lift the titanic out of the water with those things.....them coming apart has never really been a problem..getting them apart when you need to is another story..........

hogjowl

Idiot™
Are those the ones made by Mytee?

If they are, I have a problem with them.

The clear plastic top to my Devastator filter broke on me a few weeks back. The new one came with a Mytee cuff on it. I noticed that I can't bump it or grab the filter by it or it will come apart. When you screw it back on, you can't screw it tight. Once you get a bit of pressure on the theads, it slips.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Are those the ones made by Mytee?

If they are, I have a problem with them.

The clear plastic top to my Devastator filter broke on me a few weeks back. The new one came with a Mytee cuff on it. I noticed that I can't bump it or grab the filter by it or it will come apart. When you screw it back on, you can't screw it tight. Once you get a bit of pressure on the theads, it slips.

No they are not Mytee's..........

flash_cuffs.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Anyone have any problems with flash cuffs when doing tall buildings? We do 5 to 10 story buildings all the time and was wondering if they hold together under the weight or pull apart?

.... while eating raw fish
Larry, You may already do it, however just in case, I always secure any connection of hoses if they go high.

There is a special velcro securing contraption that they sell.
When I did not have it I always secured it with a thin strong rope. Just couldn't stand the notion of one of these getting loose and hitting a passer by.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We did a tug-of-war with two sections of 2" vac hose connected with Flash Cuffs. The hose eventually stretched out of shape. The Flash Cuffs were never bothered.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom