Flex/citrus Prespray Powder

F

FB7777

This is probably more of a question for Pemberton or Warrington...

What is the difference between Flex liquid and Flex powder?

The MSDS has butyl on the liquid version and Sodium Metasilicate on the powdered version

Both are 12-12.5 ph

Im curious because I use Prochem Powerstrike on nasty commercial now and it's convenient because on large jobs , you don't need to carry extra jugs of prespray liquid in my already crowded Butler trucks

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The biggest difference for most cleaners will be how much more economical the Flex Powder with Citrus Solv is. It requires just 2 ounces per gallon rather than 1:4 dilution (32 ounces per gallon).

The Citrus Solv (high grade d'limonene) replaces buytl solvent. There is a limit to how much solvent can be added to a powder and still stay a powder. So, the solvent level is slightly less. Alkalinity has been increased to compensate for that. The results should be pretty similar for most carpets.

If you would like to try it, as always Bridgepoint cleaning agents have a 100% money back guarantee. Use it all. Give it a fair test. If you don't like it, ask for a refund.

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

Thanks for the response Scott, I ordered some from my distributor

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I got some a few days ago..works pretty good...not a real strong smell like the liquid flex.........

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I got some a few days ago..works pretty good...not a real strong smell like the liquid flex.........

Thats good news beacuse the liquid when we used to use it kept making us sick for a couple days after a bigger job we used it on (35000 sft open banquet hall with two wands going). If there was not enough ventilation we would get pretty naseous and lungs would hurt to breath. That was one reason I said I won't ever use Flex again...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
used it on this place yesterday....

P9060712.jpg

P9060724.jpg

P9060727.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just wanted to say I got a free jar from Mike fest and its a really good pre spray as good as cti's extreme clean, maybe better.

Thanks for the chance to test it out. good stuff Maynard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: J Scott W

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i got some from mikeys to....it works ok....nothing to blow your socks off...

I will try it on this chinese place a little later in the month....

so far though it doesnt out do cobbs, or S&G from judson...

I do like the smell though

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
At least I thought I was until the assistant allowed himself to be kept late at his other job forcing me to reschedule:evil::evil::evil: I am at my witts end with employees. I gotta start keeping a an extra guy on the hook for nights like tonight, damn I pissed off right now

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I just picked up a jar gonna give it a test run on the olive garden tonight.
We clean the Olive Garden as well. However, we do not use chemicals at their request. We use plain HWE, but we clean every three weeks. Do you clean that often? I've always wondered how cleaners worked in other locations. Amy

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
we’ll do. i don’t think we clean\hwe again until next week. this franchise does an excellent job of vacuuming multiple times a day. our biggest issue is gum, and use we use something to get that out.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
We clean the Olive Garden as well. However, we do not use chemicals at their request. We use plain HWE, but we clean every three weeks. Do you clean that often? I've always wondered how cleaners worked in other locations. Amy

We clean them 2 times per month. One time is a full cleaning with all chairs moved out and the other time is traffic lanes only. Boy your a brave soul for cleaning without products. Everytime we clean there my waste tank smells like garlic butter for the rest of the week. It stays in check now that we keep them on a schedule. I like that they let us start early around 8 on one side so at least we are not out too late

SamIam

Name
sam miller
i got some from mikeys to....it works ok....nothing to blow your socks off...

I will try it on this chinese place a little later in the month....

so far though it doesnt out do cobbs, or S&G from judson...

I do like the smell though

Try a little on tile like oxy blaster

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
We do a full clean every time (move furniture). I know some other folks that clean three Olive Garden’s in their area and they use chemicals. I have no idea why they don’t want it. I have a HM Titan 575 and turn up the heat. I was showing the tech this thread and he mentioned he would like to ask the manager if we could use grease eraser or bio break on the area outside of the kitchen. Normally they have walk-off mats, but they are MIA.

I’m not brave, just doing what the customer wants me to. I’m about to raise my price and hope they’ll send that job out for bid. It’s 60 miles away and at night. We like working for them, but it messes up the schedule for the next day. They just haven’t liked the local cleaners.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
We do a full clean every time (move furniture). I know some other folks that clean three Olive Garden’s in their area and they use chemicals. I have no idea why they don’t want it. I have a HM Titan 575 and turn up the heat. I was showing the tech this thread and he mentioned he would like to ask the manager if we could use grease eraser or bio break on the area outside of the kitchen. Normally they have walk-off mats, but they are MIA.

I’m not brave, just doing what the customer wants me to. I’m about to raise my price and hope they’ll send that job out for bid. It’s 60 miles away and at night. We like working for them, but it messes up the schedule for the next day. They just haven’t liked the local cleaners.
The one I clean is about 25 miles from me if it was much further It wouldnt be a good one. I think the only reason we have hung in there with them is because they have a pretty good manager and assistant who are quite a bit differant than your typical restraunt mgr. Not the most profitable account but enough and at 2x per month it is good cashflow through the wintermonths and a good schedule builder for the employees

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
They pay us to drive the 120 miles @ $1\mile. Because we don't have to vacuum or pre spray that saves a lot of time. It's just working at night that far out that we don't like. Do you clean in the mornings? If they would let us clean in the AM and use fans, we wouldn't mind keeping the account. I think the manager doesn't want to have to come in that early because they work very late hours.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom