Flojet

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I think my water pump went out yesterday, I have a flojet in it right now, I think it cost around $380 plus whatever my supplier charges me to put it in. I was wondering if there was any other pump that I could put in it that may be a little less expensive?

I'm not very handy and don't do my own repairs but was wondering if it complicated to change one of these out?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Good farm supply places have them as well.

This is an excellent time to get "handy".

2 hose clamps, 2 wires, 4 little bolts. You can do it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Nicholas;

There is a new all-in-one pump system just released for TM water feeds.

I think you could install it yourself.

$199

Larry

Able 1

Name
Keith
As long as he has the Flojet though he wouldn't even need any hose clamps if he replaced it with a Flojet, and made it even simpler. You just lift the clips that hold the hose, and replace the pump, and clip it back in.. It would take me 5-10 mins. to replace..

I really don't think the pump goes bad all that often, I think most of the time it's usually the switch on the bottom. Can you just buy that switch?

GRHeacock

I agree with Keith- its most likely the switch.

The switch is easy to replace, and only cost a few dollars.

Buy a spare switch and keep handy- they are the most common fault when the pump goes bad.

Of course it might be a bad interior part too, and these do go out, but they are also fairly easy to replace too.

Shurflo and Flojet pumps are similar, and work on a wobble plate action.

I have had both, ran a portable for many years, and did my own maintenance on them so had the pumps apart many times over the years.

Gary

nrpepper

Name
Nathan Pepper
MyteeTruckmountTransferPump_EnduserSheet-1.jpg

Magic One

Nathan would 5gpm be too much for a fresh water tank. I think my flow jet puts alot less but is bad and no longer pumps. Gary if your talking about the on off switch, You can test it with a test light.

Name
John LaBarbera
Magic One said:
Nathan would 5gpm be too much for a fresh water tank. I think my flow jet puts alot less but is bad and no longer pumps. Gary if your talking about the on off switch, You can test it with a test light.

The flow of the transferr pump is designed to keep up with what your solution pump is putting out. 5 gpm will easily keep up with most TM solution pumps. The beauty of this transfer pump is the built-in circuit board that keeps the switch from burning out. And the price is right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom