Flow and pressure poll

Name
Nate W.
danielc said:
Out Of Character said:
24 flow 600-700 triggered.

What kind of drying time are you getting seeing as you are using three times the water I am?

You can't really use that much water. It has been dicussed before. Your pump can only pump x amount of water. Hopefully someone who knows more then me will chime in.

Greenie

Wand valve, and wand sol. line is gonna peak about 2.1-2.3 gpm.

1/4" sol. line is a bit better @ 2.5 gpm but unless you have super duper wand plumbing see above.

Loren is correct, 3/8" has 1/3 of the press. drop of 1/4", (ie: 100psi drop vs: 33psi drop) but it's nominal on 100' of line, and you "could" always turn up your operating pressure.

As I said above, we still have wand plumbing to consider.

now c'mon....I KNOW someone here is running 800+psi.....don't be shy, speak up, and share with us your avg. dry times (TM Mfgs. are rolling their eyes right now) :roll: .

Name
Nate W.
Greenie said:

1/4" sol. line is a bit better @ 2.5 gpm but unless you have super duper wand plumbing see above.

Loren is correct, 3/8" has 1/3 of the press. drop of 1/4", (ie: 100psi drop vs: 33psi drop) but it's nominal on 100' of line, and you "could" always turn up your operating pressure.

now c'mon....I KNOW someone here is running 800+psi.....don't be shy, speak up, and share with us your avg. dry times (TM Mfgs. are rolling their eyes right now) :roll: .

Running a turbo on the carpet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

I hook up to a close by fire hydrand run a large valve with two inch water line and run a flow of 100 @ 25 gallons a minute

Greenie

speaking of turbo, you ever see the old steam way rotary powered wand? was cool, basically like coupling a turbo to a drag wand. I'll bet if it had a glide it would kick ass.

Mike Draper

I cleaned some Tile & grout on a Monday evening, then the next morning went to my first job ( I forgot to change the pressure back). Cleaned about 600 sq.ft. of residential with my greenhorn 10 flow at 1000 psi, then I looked at my water tank and holy shit I had used a ton of water. Believe it or not, our dry times were not any different since we use 3 Studebakers on each job. no damage to the carpet fiber either. Now that's high flow. :D

Name
Nate W.
Gordon said:
I hook up to a close by fire hydrand run a large valve with two inch water line and run a flow of 100 @ 25 gallons a minute

You forgot to mention all hooked up to the most powerful electric unit in production (atleast when the creator isn't out golfing). shiteatinggrin

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Greenie said:

you talkin bout me smart ass :wink:

15/900ish un-keyed drops to roughly 650-700 keyed, cheap ass twin piston pump :roll: :roll:

commerical short nap, as little as 2 as much as 4-5 mayb, i am usually gone.

res, it depends on the carpet...fookin frieze carpet is dry in like 2.....Now my carpets are weird, so maybe someone can shed light on this...Downstairs is a sculpture carpet late 80s early 90s fad...upstairs is a type of sculp, but different (no i dont know all my carpet types). Yet the basement dries in less time then the upstairs...plus the basement has no windows to open....::::shurgs::::

berber dries in about 3-4....other plush stuff takes a little longer...

now i might be kickin flow back to hit my sweet spot heat wise...cuz even my badass buner dont keep up where i want it, when the in coming water is only 40s. and flowing an ass load 15....

oh running a 36 blower and i usually go through 80ish gallons on a typical 6 room house..

on a theater i did, running balls out for 5 hrs, i dumped 5 times, with it being real close to being totally full at 90ish gallons...soooo thats 85 gallons an hr, which equates to 1.5 gpm

Greenie

If the ass fits, smart it.

THere are plenty running higher press. with no noticeable change in dry times, but most claim it cleans faster.

Name
Jesse
danielc said:
Out Of Character said:
24 flow 600-700 triggered.

What kind of drying time are you getting seeing as you are using three times the water I am?

Dry time depends on lots of factors, but 2-4hrs to get to what most consider "dry".

Greenie said:
now c'mon....I KNOW someone here is running 800+psi.....don't be shy, speak up, and share with us your avg. dry times (TM Mfgs. are rolling their eyes right now) .

Pre trigger? Our tm's cant hang in the flow department. We run a 24 flow ti on our p1200 w/ a 5cp pump and a 18 flow ti on our p2000 w/ cat 290. When we set the pressure at 1000psi it drops to 750 on the p1200 @ 24 and all the way 700ish on the 290 @18. There isn't enough water volume to maintain the pressure with the large jetting. Bucket tests on the 24 wand yield 3gpm from the 5cp and I cant remember the 290's results but it was about 2.7gpm set at 1000psi, un-triggered

Once you get to a certain point then larger jets will only serve to reduce penetration and atomization.

I changed to 04 jets on our turbo's and found that, when triggered, the pressure would drop to 700 when set at 1000psi. Occasionally we would tape the trigger in the on position and turn the regulator all the way up to cheat the 1000psi max on our lg's, the pressure woldn't go any higher than 950psi. I was surprised with the lack of pressure so I hooked the turbo to a 3gpm 3000psi pressure washer and it ran at a embarrassing 600psi

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Daniel... high flow will up your water usage. Thats why people who start to like high flow end up upgrading equipment and vehicles with high capacity. I run 120 gallons of fresh water and that gets me most places with out problems. However, I'll know better when I switch up to 15 flow.. But trucks like the vortex or trucks were you have 200 plus gallons of freshwater and equiivilant sized waste tanks are made to rock and roll with high flow. Speaking of high flow. I did the same thing as someone else mentioned. Had my pressue up at a 1000 on my modified quadjet and got very decent dry times. Air paths are your friends but so are multiple dry strokes.

Greenie

Rebels, sheer rogue warriors, how dare you thumb your nose at published industry standards.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
20 flow usually around 550-600psi

14" Greenhorn with hybrid glide.

Heat is straight up at 250-270 ATM.

My water usage coming from 10 flow to 20flow did not result in using twice as much water! I always cringe when people are suggesting that we high flow guys use that much more water!

I saw someone says here that uses 4 flow??!! Are you kidding me?!

LeeCory

Like most I run at 12/500 with my Ti.

It seems we've all been led in this direction.

-JB-

Name
JB
12/500

did ONE job accidentally a few weeks ago 12/900! :oops:

No problems from it though so, fer what its worth, nor any noticeable difference in results either!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom