Flow and pressure poll

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Ok help me out here, flow is the jet size * number of jets = Flow.

and what does the flow perform? higher = ? Lower = ?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
On our 34HP TM's w/#45MR blower ....

We set pressure @ 600 PSI @ TM

and use two #3 Veejets on 14" wand.

About 2 GPM.

Larry

P.S. Where production speed is the primary concern, the jets would be #4's

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
rstrick said:
Ok help me out here, flow is the jet size * number of jets = Flow.

and what does the flow perform? higher = ? Lower = ?

Correct on how to calculate it. Basically higher flow is only half of the equation. Higher flow with good pressure gives teh ability to flush more water through the fibers. If your truckmount has good suction and/or you upgrade your hoses and connection to prevent the restiction of your air flow, to your wand, you can utiltize pretty high pressure and flow.

Higher flow at moderate pressure angled correctly at the wand head = more moisture through the fiber. and more thermal energy reaching the fibers.

Lower Flow at moderate pressure means less thermal energy reaching the fibers and lower flow at high pressure means you have to much concentrated flow that can penetrate through to the backing of the carpet.

And as Larry said above.. If you increase flow you can flush the same amount of moisture through the fiber one one wand stroke than you can with mutliple wand strokes. This also increases your cleaning speed!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
pissing takes on a new meaning when you do it a 500-600psi!

I've a 14" greenhorn, 5x03's=15 flow, at 500-600psi. I have run at 800 once for a trashed carpet, oddly enough, I had hotter water and dry time was about the same.

Greenie

Larry, you could get 2 gpm form an 06 flow wand?

I never could. Especially with somehting like 200' on a live reel.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Greenie said:
speaking of turbo, you ever see the old steam way rotary powered wand? was cool, basically like coupling a turbo to a drag wand. I'll bet if it had a glide it would kick ass.

The Zinger. I think one of our son in laws still has his.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Greenie said:
speaking of turbo, you ever see the old steam way rotary powered wand? was cool, basically like coupling a turbo to a drag wand. I'll bet if it had a glide it would kick ass.

The Zinger. I think one of our son in laws still has his.

Name
Eric Valentine
6 @ 400-500 for the 2 jet wand
6 @ 500-700 on the bentley

I have ran the bentley at over 800 psi before, and still had decent dry times

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
B&BGaryC said:
12 Flow 375 PSI not keyed

i think i can piss harder then that... :shock: :shock: :shock:

thats close to porty numbers there...

care to crank it up a few

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Nate The Great said:
floorguy said:
[quote="B&BGaryC":1s369v6a]12 Flow 375 PSI not keyed

i think i can piss harder then that... :shock: :shock: :shock:

thats close to porty numbers there...

care to crank it up a few

Leave Gary alone. It's Gary.... :mrgreen:[/quote:1s369v6a]

I crank it up on commercial. I made sure to post just because I was sure somebody would have something to say about the fact that I don't get into pressure washing. Any higher and my submount tank will run out on a large job. A lot of my commercial accounts call for a truck that can bring enough water to finish the job. I can do that, as long as I don't crank the pressure. Besides, I can watch the water pooling up behind the wand as I'm cleaning, I think I'm getting enough to the source. My last machine was the white magic commander HO and the pump would lag at 12 flow any higher than 350 psi. If I kept it keyed the flow would diminish. I'm not gonna be able to convince my boss I need a bigger pump just so I can post impressive numbers.

GeneMiller said:
8/600 atm.
Some of these posts are ridiculous. Some are using way too much pressure.

what is too much in your opinion

Gene

I guess it depends on the machine setup, tool being used, and carpet style. A guy running over 500 psi with a Vortex isn't too much but someone using a stock legend or blazer is for most residential cleaning. To answer your question I think anything over 500 is overkill, but if the machine will recover the solution then crank up the psi. I keep my Everest under 500 atm so around 350-450. I would never crank up the pressure to 800 psi to clean a carpet just because I can. There is no right answer. If a person is comfortable and thinks it cleans better then I say do it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
GeneMiller said:
8/600 atm.
Some of these posts are ridiculous. Some are using way too much pressure.

what is too much in your opinion

Gene

I guess it depends on the machine setup, tool being used, and carpet style. A guy running over 500 psi with a Vortex isn't too much but someone using a stock legend or blazer is for most residential cleaning. To answer your question I think anything over 500 is overkill, but if the machine will recover the solution then crank up the psi. I keep my Everest under 500 atm so around 350-450. I would never crank up the pressure to 800 psi to clean a carpet just because I can. There is no right answer. If a person is comfortable and thinks it cleans better then I say do it.

the times i have it lower because i ran my stair tool or something...it just doesnt clean as well as if i have it cranked

So you are running an 18 hp with 36 blower at 700ish? That there is overkill. 350 is all you need. How are your dry times? If you do a lot of dry strokes and set up blowers then stay the course. All that really matters is if you and the customer are happy.

Name
Nate W.
danielc said:
So you are running an 18 hp with 36 blower at 700ish? That there is overkill. 350 is all you need. How are your dry times? If you do a lot of dry strokes and set up blowers then stay the course. All that really matters is if you and the customer are happy.

Long hose runs and 1/4 and 3/8 solution lines play a part in how much psi you use. The size of the jets and amount of jets you run are key factors. I wouldn't tell someone it's an overkill, unless you've actually tried it. Most of the guys running higher psi are the ones with angled jets and modified wands.

Greenie

Danielson,
Keep in mind even a 288 cfm 36 class blower can recover what you put down with a 12 flow wand, it's all about the details.

Never forget that a Steamin' Demon is a SINGLE vac portable that recovers 3 gpm, and does it very well, especially glided, so indeed the details are important.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom