Flyer distribution

DRScrivner

For those of you guys that have had good results with flyers- what has been the most successful distribution method?

1) The "Old Fashioned (but time comsuming) Knock & Talk"
2) Leave it on the door. If not a door hanger style- how, baggie, rubber band, scotch tape?
3) Vehicle windshields.
4) You tell me.

Greg Loe

When I was doing fliers, I would tape them to a piece of metal, like the door handle. In my area, if you door knock, you need a permit.

If you don't have a job to do, you have a job of marketing/putting out fliers or something. Work 8 hours a day. 5 days a week and life will be great.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I was planning on doing 10 hours the other day but it was too windy...Wind is the ONLY reason I won't do them... I will only go out if the wind is under 10mph. I did about 1,500 flyers today in 6 hours one call so far for a $200.00 job. I put the flyers in paper boxes and with my GPS zoomed out to see the whole subdivison then you can figure out how to go through it. I have memorized most of the routes through subdivisons.

In some places it isn't legal to put them in paper boxes so you should check on that.

I really haven't been able to give any numbers on my return, but this year I am doing a 2 month special so I will be able to get get a good idea. I only have 10,000 for this special and it isn't the greatest time of year so the results maybe off. I don't put an expiration date on most of the stuff I put out. This year I got a flyer from 2 1/2 years ago. :shock:

If it wasn't for flyers I might be talking to JP about now, but really if I want work it is only up to me to go and get it and I want to put out a bunch right now... Need a good first quarter!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
We normally mailed all our fliers out..It seemed to work pretty good for us....

I would suggest that you put yours on cars over on the south side of town because it could mean bad business for me if you come over here....

davidgehlen

Quite recently I have done some flyer printing and used a company for a professional mailshot. I was quite surprised that the cost for the flyers and for the mailshot is so low nowadays. Simply great, and it helped pushing forward my business, too.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There are companies that will deliver the flyers for you. But you have to be careful that they actually get delivered and that they deliver it in a manner that won't upset the home owner.

Not too mention you don't want to be lumped in with 10 other companies be delivered to the same address.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Around here putting them on cars is illegal.

I do think using tape on doors could piss a lot of people off. (it would me)

Personally the flyers I receive go right into the trash.

For me I think there are a lot easier and cheaper ways to generate business.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Yes Dave that answerred his qustion/ Not

If you have time or you can train someone knock and talk is the best. If you have someone hoping no one is home it isn't a good thing, just someone who can present you company well. I actually have taken over a very prominent neighborhood but just posting fyers at doors and looking back the flyer sucked but i spoke to a couple people and it has been a gold mine since. Two of which is Steven Tyler and Steve Carell

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Personally I would only do a 5 around with Free spotter and free on the spot estimates if it is convenient or answer any questions they may have concerning cleaning.

Greg, You name dropper. The only "star" we have around her is Larry The cable guy. You never know where he will pop up.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
see the masion on my website that is someone famous as well but I didn't get permission from him but I from the guys I mentioned

Becker

Name
Becker
The no ways!
Taping things to people houses, putting stuff on peoples cars, knocking and talking.
Knock and talk, most people around here are busy with work or kids, the las thing they want is another door to door sales person. ( sure you are not selling directly, just introducing yourself, but bottom line is you are lookng to sell )

Years ago I did real well rolling fliers and sticking them in handles, or between knob and jam.

Basic black ink on bright paper.

But, the best replies I get are flyers folded and placed in envelopes addressed and mailed to homeowners.
Costs the most but hands down better than post cards, and door to door flyers.

I no longer do door to door fliers myself. instead I pay someone. They also get a percent of any sales that comes in via the flier. ( this helps make sure the fliers are really being put on houses and not dumped in the trash. )

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Most people around here have a paper box next to the mail box, we would drive around and put our flyer in the paper boxes in a nice area, that's what I would suggest.
You could get a lot of flyers out that way.

I bought a 150cc scooter one time just to deliver flyers, it was easier and kinda fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom