Foam problem

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I have been getting a lot of foam in in my lint hog. I pre spray with cobbs. I only use a scoop per gallon sometimes more if it's bad. By the end of every job I lose some suction. Can you add de-foamer to a prespray?

Thank You

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have never heard of a defoamer you add to your prespray.

Are you running into this problem on a wide variety of jobs, or do you clean one or two commercial jobs only every month?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
With the amount of prespray your using im leaning more for the customer using stuff in there carpet theory. Is it every single job or just occasional?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You're not supposed to use de-foamer sprayed on the carpet.
Just buy a powdered de-foamer (cheaper than the liquid, anyhow) and sprinkle on and suck. Should take care of the problem.

Also, If the foaming is due to the specific pre-spray (and not previous cleaning or rinsing agent) see if Texas Lar has another one that does not cause foaming. As it reduces suction efficiency and not just at the end of the job.

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
DON"T PUT IT IN THE PRE-SPRAY!! With defoamer just suck some into your vac hose. If you don't have any defoamer on the truck. A little solvent will work.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Add some citrus solv to your prespray.

Charlie is correct. Citrus Solv & our POG will minimize foam.

We also have surfactants that can defoam

(great for those carpets bonneted with shampoo for years).

PowerMax has a fairly low foam level.

The oxidizer can create some foam in the Lint Hog.

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its been off a bit again....last bucket I got was not the stuff I have been use to....opened a new bucket yesterday and its better...but I noticed I have been having to go back a spot things that in the past would of came right out....its pretty easy to tell when they screw it up....after using this stuff for over 7 years....you pretty much know what to expect....how to mix it for what ever you run into...how it going to react.....or when quality control goes down the tubes and it gets screwed up again........haven't had any real foaming problems though.......

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I use power max and don't have foam issues that's why I lean towards customers sprinkling smelly crap on there carpet. I will be ordering a new pail tomorrow and I will let you know how it compares to my last if different.

Name
Ron lippold
Put some Downey in your chem jug or your fresh water tank. No more foam, I did a few hundred thousand sq feet with it, it works.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
It has been every job. I just got a new bucket and it looks more yellow and smells like citrus. last bucket was a very white powder.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I just don't know how, or even why, you guys deal with this never ending problem with inconsistency. It would drive me crazy.

for some of us it is not as short of a drive as it is for others....

but it is getting old....just another example of lack of quality in the industry........take something that is really really good...that everyone just raves about.......and watch it slowly go to hell.....and there is no real good reason as of why.........

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I always have Rinse Master available for those rare times foam is a problem, mostly on spills of laundry detergent (I pour it on straight), but sometimes there are frequent customer cleaning attempts with resolve that are difficult to rinse, I put a mixed solution of Rinse Master in a trigger sprayer. From their website:
Rinse Master

Old Residue Remover

. Rinse Master™ is a neutral rinse for removing
residues from manufacturing, vomit, pet accidents,
consumer spotting attempts, extermination chemicals,
old carpet shampoo and excess steam detergent the
other guy left behind that can cause shaded areas,
dullness or even spots. Most of these residue-caused
traumas are easy to reverse if cleaned with Rinse
Master. Many cleaners tell of trying "everything" on a
problem carpet and then trying Rinse Master. They
discover that when the culprit residues are removed the
carpets are soft, new looking and don't even require
further cleaning.

Call us today at 800 523-3430

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I just don't know how, or even why, you guys deal with this never ending problem with inconsistency. It would drive me crazy.

Stick with what works. Procyon (which Smarty doesn't care for as a regular rinse) never foams for me. I also use S&G from Judson. Grease Eraser when really greasy. Keep a powdered defoamer on the truck. Just a pinch will kill a lot of foam. Don't forget that todays custys like to overuse their Hoover and Bissel "steam cleaners", which unfortuneatly cause a high degree of foaming with their crappy cleaning formulations.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't know why you said that. I love Procyon. Used it for years.

I simply got lured away a few years back and just never recovered.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I just put on mytee cuffs yesterday so we will see if that helps tomorrow. I should be in the new bucket of cobbs by Tuesday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom