For those of you cleaning Hardwood Floors what's the going rate in your area?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I'm not at my desk right now but guessing my cut throat rate based on 500 sf of wood, cleaned and apply protective coating, would be a buck-a-foot. Anything above that is gravy.

Maybe double that rate for anything under 150sf.

Maybe $1.50sf for anything between 150sf - 350 sf.

Maybe $1.25 sf for anything between 351 sf - 499..

Something like that. For sure a buck-a-foot is my minimum.

Send from my droid

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Moving furniture dramatically increases production time because you have to wait for the protective coating to dry between each coat.

Those figures based on minimal furniture moving.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Normally about .50 cents to just clean. Only places I've wood cleaning, have been for new buyers. All have been nice floors and empty. For .50 cents I'm not moving anything!

The price for sealer really depends on what you use, some can be very $$$.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm not at my desk right now but guessing my cut throat rate based on 500 sf of wood, cleaned and apply protective coating, would be a buck-a-foot. Anything above that is gravy.

Maybe double that rate for anything under 150sf.

Maybe $1.50sf for anything between 150sf - 350 sf.

Maybe $1.25 sf for anything between 351 sf - 499..

Something like that. For sure a buck-a-foot is my minimum.

Send from my droid

George, what method/equipment do you use to clean wood ?

Dirty Swirler

Name
Joel Hoppe
.50 just to clean using soft sliders to move around furnture. Have not used my basic coatings products yet-not too many wood floors in Naples fl. I will charge $1.50 ft to empty furniture dull surface use pre coat and then apply a few coats for shine.
This job was small and worked around furniture. $100 to clean 200 sq ft no furniture moved. About 30 minutes pre vac change out pads and play around with video.

[video=youtube;QOBXlwj_bj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QOBXlwj_bj4[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: glenboy

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
The last wood floor i did was probably 50 years old and had a ton of filth and wax buildup. I'll look for the video i made first chance i get.

I used the Square scrubber with a dry strip pad to rip. Then, i turbo'd it with the spinner at low psi to rinse. Then, gave it a good damp mop to get rid of the puddles. Then, applied a few coats of ultrachem labs finish.

I haven't done any laminent floors but if i did i would probably use the CRB, low pressure turbo, damp mop, and perhaps apply a laminent floor conditioner of some sort. Maybe something from basic coatings

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Come to think of it,

You don't need a bunch of fancy equipment to do a nice job of cleaning wood or laminent floors.

All you really need is 175 rpm floor machine with a red pad for wood and a white pad for laminent; and a mop bucket.

Isn't that right?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks a lot now you tell me, I just bought a Dirt Dragon. In fact I haven't even unboxed it yet, it's been sitting her for a week. We are going to take it to Dan's and my mom to try her out next week.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
George what Ultrachem product are you using? they don't make the wood seal and finish anymore.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
ya richard i did mine with a square scrub and marroon pad we use for vct
pretty idiot proof i thought then i used the dirt dragon to rinse the floor
the hard part was layin the finish with that t bar
but the second room went on like a breeze
from what people tell me around here guys are gettin 80 cents a foot for oil finish
i think ya need at least 1.50 to make it worth while i just have not pushed it yet

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I was asked if I do wood never have yet but I do have a 175 and bonnets would just plain cotton bonnets work? and what to clean with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Gotta luv how John G has all those OP cleaners trained to make excuses for the traffic areas. "No mam thats not soil its abrasion" LOL. When you are OP cleaning you have to have a whole bunch of excuses lined up for the customer.

Golden Boy

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I prefere an applicator pad and pail over the t-bar.

I used whatever finish that was on my truck that day. It was ultrachem labs something.. their middle grade product. Looked good!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
The dirt dragon should be good. At least you won't be slingin slop on the baseboards from using the 175.

I never tried bonnets b4 but if that's all I had I would give em a whirl

Mikey P

Administrator
The biggest problem with offering wood floor cleaning is all the dopes asking for free estimates from you when they should be calling the refinishing professionals and bugging them...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've had a handful of requests but even without those just the shift away from carpet has us only cleaning the bedrooms, upholstery and area rugs maybe a little T&G. With so much wood in the homes around here, it only makes sense that cleaning and applying a finish coat would do eventually do well.

I hope to have it out to Dan's, my mothers and one of the supervisors for a little training next week if they can finish up a big mold job.

Thanks guys I'm sure I will have more questions as we move along.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Doc keep us posted on how it goes.

My market is pretty large, and there is a ton of hard surface flooring in it. Mostly lam's, but still a lot of hardwood. Does this work on laminate or just real wood?

I was considering investigating the market, and a dirt dragon, however about 3-4 months ago I was having a convo with someone (whom I trust) that works in an unnamed national franchise that bought 2 units, been marketing the services like crazy, and for the most part........ (insert cricket sound here).

Our market just hasn't consumed the service - who knows, maybe I'll have the opportunity to buy a unit on the cheap from them....lol.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Gotta luv how John G has all those OP cleaners trained to make excuses for the traffic areas. "No mam thats not soil its abrasion" LOL. When you are OP cleaning you have to have a whole bunch of excuses lined up for the customer.

Golden Boy

I wouldn't call sun fading an excuse

Ps some backing a on rugs can discolor carpet and wood even tile too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL Lets hope it doesn't go that way but I really feel that marketing to our data base alone will bring in some work. However we are not counting on it as a big revenue generator but if it does enough to get into some new homes it will be worth it.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Honestly could be situational as well. The co. I am speaking of in particular is being run by some suits as a write off (they want net operational losses) - have allowed people to buy in and have their own mini biz within their biz......

I don't know the exacts - but I do know that it isn't the same situation as you or I...... operating to make as much profit as possible.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Just came accros this pic of a wood floor i square scrubbed with a dry strip pad and laid down a few top coats of finish.

IMAG0083.jpg

sorry, i couldn't find the after pics... but it turned out nice.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I would have to be doing a T-O-N of wood floor cleaning before I ventured into using anything other than a 175. With a 175, white and red pads, and a cotton bonnet, you can the floor look as good as you can with a fancy machine, or even one of those bent handled Guerking machines.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea but we are in nice homes....hardwood floors....not dirt floors like your clients. :p

Actually we've had several requests in the last few weeks and we haven't even told anyone we do them yet. I'm waiting for the squeege wand setup and some time to play with it. We've just been busy with water, fire, mold in the last few weeks and just have not had time to get to it.

Back
Top Bottom