For those who raised questions about Angie's List

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
So life seem to catch up with some companies. Here is the article link: http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post--angies-list-plummets-on-securities-investigation

" ... the Cohen law firm is raising a number of deeper questions and said Thursday that among the issues it is investigating are:

• Whether "the legitimacy of the service provider side of Angie's List business model was dubious, as service providers were forced to pay the company thousands of dollars a year in order to be listed as a highly rated service providers, and if they did not, they would not get customer referrals from Angie's List."

• If, because of the fees Angie's List charged service providers, these companies were forced to either charge above-market prices for basic, run-of-the-mill services or abandon Angie's List altogether.

• Whether Angie's List consistently derived more than half its revenues from the service providers, which would be "contrary to the company's claim that it provides its members with unbiased, online reviews, disallowing service providers from buying ratings."

"As a result of these omissions, the Company and its officers and directors lacked a reasonable basis for their positive statements about the Company and its business, earnings and financial prospects," the firm's statement concludes."

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris A

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The same here. Also knowing my competition and who's recommended there, did not inspire too much confidence either.

I would get a call from them every few weeks, till I told the last rep that my number is on the no-call list and if they called me again, I'll file a legal complaint.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I have never met any homeowners that understood that the service providers had to pay also.

Connor

Name
Connor
Spread the word and let them know.

The company that advertises the "super service award" for 2012 didn't start in business until 2013. When an Angie's rep called me, I told them that I wanted no part of them because they had no follow up and they were flawed. The rep said she'd check and get back to me. She called again and said "she didn't see any problem.." It's crap.

I'm a jerk.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The same here. Also knowing my competition and who's recommended there, did not inspire too much confidence either.

I would get a call from them every few weeks, till I told the last rep that my number is on the no-call list and if they called me again, I'll file a legal complaint.
Just a heads up. Business numbers can NOT be on the do not call list. To say so make you look bad.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I think it was 3 years ago when I posted a story here about Angie's List giving me a positive fake review at a house we never cleaned. The rep constantly called wanting me to renew, telling me about my "recent great review". They lost all credibility with me after that. Not to mention most of the calls came from elderly people that had been burned in the past that totally trust that company.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just a heads up. Business numbers can NOT be on the do not call list. To say so make you look bad.

You may be right Dave,however.................. they stopped calling.

And just to understand your world famous logic: Looking bad to Angie's reps, is that a bad thing? :winky:

Reactions: Connor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom