for you dragon fire lava hot heat source tm...

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
If you are running or have ran a diesel or propane tm...at what hose length does the water temperature coming out of the solution begin to cool down? 200ft 300ft 400ft 500ft??

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you are running or have ran a diesel or propane tm...at what hose length does the water temperature coming out of the solution begin to cool down? 200ft 300ft 400ft 500ft??
The heat source is only half of the pie on delivering promising heat at the wand. If your flow on the jets of the wand isn't high enough, you're only giving the water more time to cool down, and the truckmount more time to dump the hot water before it leaves the machine.

For the guys who have the little truckmounts...I'd like to see how well their heat is when their wand is 8-10flow vs the 4-6flow wand setups.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
.at what hose length does the water temperature coming out of the solution begin to cool down?

did some tests back in the day

as mentioned, it starts losing heat as soon as it leaves the machine and heads to wand.
also as Matt mentioned, flow rate makes a difference too.
as well as duty cycle trigger time (longer trigger times get more heat than short blasts regardless of heat system)
^^that assumes the flow hasn't over run HX capacity^^

did a winter temp test 20some years ago.
from memory (which mean numbers may not be "exact" but are close)
air temps in the mid 20s
125ft of sol line, 75ft or more outside across a cold lot.
2 wands identical, one with 04 jets, one w/06

I was measuring temps to "fiber" not wand valve
Temp ATM 270
04 flow wand continuous flow, best it would get to fiber was 125.
06 flow reached mid 140ish

point is... heat lose from TM to wand is a fact and variable from always some to a lot .
but figure 20-40 degree lose from TM to wand @100ft regardless of heat system.
It's not lineal though....meaning 200 ft of sol line doesn't equate to 80 temp lose .
That's variable too contingent on line laying in cold and/or trigger time duty cycle ...temps will stay higher the more the water flows

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
@hogjowl or anyone else who knows, do you know what brand/model burner Duane used to use?
No brand I can see on it, looking to fire the monster up again for kicks and giggle (yes I'm an idiot.. ) Its this sucker in the video

Looks like a very well thought out machine. I'm not a fan of the car mufflers but I can see his point. The propane heater is much easier to operate than a LG. Be nice to have a 45 blower on that.

Reactions: icleancarpetz

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
That there dominator 2545 appears to be very well thought out layout. Did it run as well as its engineered?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Looks like a very well thought out machine. I'm not a fan of the car mufflers but I can see his point. The propane heater is much easier to operate than a LG. Be nice to have a 45 blower on that.
mines similar, he called it "predator series" direct coupled so engine sits lower with pump above the blower. Mines also single muffler... its not quiet

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
mines similar, he called it "predator series" direct coupled so engine sits lower with pump above the blower. Mines also single muffler... its not quiet
Having the proper silencer makes all the difference. I have a Honda with its own muffler and industrial silencer for the blower. Makes for a pleasant roar and sounds like a much bigger machine. My other one with the Kohler has a muffler and Mickey mouse silencer and sounds like an over revved lawnmower.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
No, but I know where a used one in good condition is for sale. My buddy just bought the new 570 and it's sitting at Jondon currently
Be interesting what your mate thinks on the heat between the 2

I was looking at new TM's 6 or so months back

The 423 I could run out of hot water easily (I'd have to change my wand style to shorter strokes and less flow) the 570 and 575 are 50k or so here, and doesn't make business sense at the moment

Reactions: icleancarpetz

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
That there dominator 2545 appears to be very well thought out layout. Did it run as well as its engineered?
biggest hassle on mine was the flow switch, would need pulling out and cleaning every 4-5 months?

Last time I was in contact with Duane he said the flow switch he had on his earlier machines was better than the one in video

I took the big burner out because I decided it took up too much room In my hiace the same week a hose burst and fried the thermostat controller.

the LG is simpler but nowhere near the heat or control of heat

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
biggest hassle on mine was the flow switch, would need pulling out and cleaning every 4-5 months?

Last time I was in contact with Duane he said the flow switch he had on his earlier machines was better than the one in video

I took the big burner out because I decided it took up too much room In my hiace the same week a hose burst and fried the thermostat controller.

the LG is simpler but nowhere near the heat or control of heat
The lg 4ht should be comparable for heat. 180,000 BTUs.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
On either type of heater, Kero or LP, you need more than a flow switch to control the heat. You need a device that triggers the burner (flow switch), and then another device that keeps the burn going when you release the tool trigger for a pre-determined number of seconds. That way the heater reaches the set temp (thermostat control device) and keeps it there without cycling on and off every time the trigger is pulled and released. That is the Afterburner (AFB) circuit!

scotty747

Can you add an afterburner circuit? None of my diesel burners have them, just the flow switch and thermostat. My LP stays on a few seconds after the trigger is released.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
We run 200ft live reel #4 little giant. The wand tube itself will just barely burn you from hot recovery water after its flushed thought the carpet. The QDs will burn the shit out of you

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Can you add an afterburner circuit? None of my diesel burners have them, just the flow switch and thermostat. My LP stays on a few seconds after the trigger is released.
mine had a jumo etron controller with a 5 second delay

set a high point and a low point (I generally had a 10 degree variable depending on job) It would fire on flow up to its high point with a 5 sec afterburn. Then flow without firing until it hit its low point and cycle up again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom