For you non Pre Vacuum types

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I've added this to my web site.
I hope it offends all of you corner cutting, time saving Non-Vaccum Hacks.
8.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
If the carpet in the room weighs 100 lbs then you should show a picture of 800 lbs of soil. And that is how much your Hoover would need to remove in order for your ad to not be misleading or even nonsensical . I doubt you remove even 1/4 lb of soil with your vacuum.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
couldn't you find a cheaper, uglier tufted chin piece of crap rug than that to show your misleading advertising on? that rug sells brand new for less than most bdcc's here claim they clean for.

Geez- that kind of advertising looks like it belongs in the tv guide.

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Wow first a Rainbow guy. (Rainbow Know for the manufacture and retail of Vacuum cleaners).
By the way vacuuming is not mentioned in any of the Rainbow sites 17 step cleaning.
And then the cheap guy with the Purple fleet.
What kind of professionals are you ?

queer-eye6.jpg

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I am in love with myself too. Hang tight I will be posting some pictures of myself with my Members Only Jacket on. That photographer had to be LHAO.

Golden Boy

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Sweet photo. We need to have a gayest photo contest. Can't post photo's of others, just yourself.

I'm gonna start searching.....shouldn't be too hard.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Ken, i didn't know you where one of the village people :lol:

this was in a 3 year old wool wall to wall in a master bedroom about 1,000 Sq ft. on the second floor and they have a full time house keeper that vacuumes weekly and pre vac'd before we got there.

always pre-vac

DSCN2408.jpg

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I figured I'd offend someone for sure.
I'm just having fun ! I'm mad cause I'm sitting home waiting for the phone to ring and it isn't.
I am fairly new with only 2 years and still clawing my way along.
Although in my two years I have completed all of my IICRC courses for Master Textile Certification, and completed SFS.
Sorry Ken.

ken.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LMFAO- that is perfect Jerry~ that'll win the contest for sure, with Doug's avatar of me in the mid 70's coming in second. Unfortunately I do have worse of me.

Hope the phone starts ringing for you J.

Ken

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So Jerry- You think that rug only weighs in at 1 pound. Try again buddy. And please put the dirt in the rug to the point that it doesn't look dirty for me please.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Vacuum the carpet and weigh the soil. Then hot water extract and weigh that soil (after the water evaporates). Add them together to get total soil removal.

Now spend just as much time with a rotary jet extractor as you do with a combined vacuuming and hot water extracting. Weigh soil (after water evaporates). What is the total?

Compare total weight with both methods.

If I have two pair of pants with two pockets each, and one pair has 50% of the soil in one pocket and 50% of the soil in another pocket, do I have more soil in that pair of pants than I do in a pair of pants that has all the soil in one pocket and zero soil in the other pocket?

Just asking. :?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Prevacuuming is basic brainwashing. If you won't clean a carpet without prevacuuming it then you're brainwashed. That is not alltogether a bad thing but it is a little extreme.

I never and I mean never prevac. I let the customer do it and give them the discount. They love me for it.

Ken Raddon.

Cameron1

Yep. That pre-vac thing is so over-rated. It like 1970 ish . It's mainly for the people that don't know how to clean, or who have like one job a day.

CleanEvo

It's pretty simple... If the carpets need to be vacuumed, you vacuum them... if they don't, then you don't vacuum them. This isn't rocket science.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Prevacuumed by the home owner, 14 canisters removed from ONE living room, about 200sf
CLearTracFullCannister.jpg

ONE bedroom and one hall, less than 200sf total
already prevacuumed by the owner
DustpileIMG_0053.jpg

this living room, removed 3+ canisters of sand
DuringAvac-carpet.jpg

various jobs, some prevac's, some not
07-08-04vacuumdirt009.jpg

07-08-04vacuumdirt008.jpg

07-08-04vacuumdirt001.jpg

07-09-07bsmtsuite2rmsC2ftvac.jpg

07-08-04vacuumdirt011.jpg

07-10-01HOSTamessincarpet2.jpg

08-09-29Vacuuming5.jpg

08-09-13carpetrelated026.jpg

100sf bedroom, prevacuumed by homeowner
08-08-18vacuuming1.jpg

From my turtle video
one a about 6 canisters, dirt and gyprock dust
08-04-02Bef-AftSheringhamPt7.jpg

steve said:
Yep. That pre-vac thing is so over-rated. It like 1970 ish . It's mainly for the people that don't know how to clean, or who have like one job a day.
FLYERMAN said:
Prevacuuming is basic brainwashing. If you won't clean a carpet without prevacuuming it then you're brainwashed. That is not alltogether a bad thing but it is a little extreme.

I never and I mean never prevac. I let the customer do it and give them the discount. They love me for it.

Ken Raddon.
CleanEvolve said:
It's pretty simple... If the carpets need to be vacuumed, you vacuum them... if they don't, then you don't vacuum them. This isn't rocket science.

Overrated?? Are you kidding me??
Jerry's pictures may be a little off but he's dead on. If you don't vacuum the carpet you are only guessing as to how clean you've got it. It may look clean, hell, the B&S cleaners can do that, but there could be enough soil in there to choke you're blower and you, the "professional" have no clue.

Attachments

• 07-08-04vacuumdirt009.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 116

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
any time you want to see it, just pull out a good clear canister vacuum on your job.
I've had very few homes where I put less than an inch of soil (hair, lint, dustsand etc) in the canister
I can post a pic from every job I do this year.

CleanEvo

That is incredible every time I see it Ron. But you don't get those kind of results on every job, or do you?

I pre-vac probably 60 - 70% of the time becuase I look at the carpet and can see it needs it. However, a lot of newer houses that have been well maintained, that the customer has pre-vac'd before I got there just don't need it IMHO.

Don't you have some jobs where you barely get anything in the canister?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
CleanEvolve said:
But you don't get those kind of results on every job, or do you?

I pre-vac probably 60 - 70% of the time becuase I look at the carpet and can see it needs it. However, a lot of newer houses that have been well maintained, that the customer has pre-vac'd before I got there just don't need it IMHO.

Don't you have some jobs where you barely get anything in the canister?
it happens. I'll vacuum a house an put about an inch of soil or less in. That tells me their vacuum is working ok.

This is my point. Most of those pictures are from soil removed from "clean looking carpet", already vacuumed by the owner.
I was tempted to not vacuum myself to save time but once I got into it, "oh, look what's coming in!!!"

Look at this pic:
IMAGE_089.jpg

the bottom layer of soil, about 1/2-1" high came from a 6ft longx 3' wide area from the top of the stairs to the kitchen entrance. The thinner middle layer came in from 2 other bedrooms, the remainder came from the MasterBR.
House is less than a year old, homeowner vacuumed before I got there with a built in with an air turbine power head.

I've been surprised too many times. I never know whats IN the carpet from looking at it.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
OK, so it is nice that you pre-vac. Personally, I pre-vac with a powerhead attached to the TM, so I can send the dry soil on a 100 MPH joyride out the door and into the truck parked away from their home while at the same time producing a negative airflow that will draw clean, fresh, outside air into the home.

But I wouldn't say that you are polluting someones home by dragging in your DIRTY ASS vacuum cleaner into their house, spreading the germs, dust mites, bacteria, mold, and maybe some deadly strain of MONKEY HERPES you picked up from the last house that you vacuumed with that POS.

Or maybe I would.... :twisted:

Chris A

Name
Chris
WHISKER said:
I hope it offends all of you corner cutting, time saving Non-Vaccum Hacks.

It won't, most of them will just be waving their giant wads of cash...

Back
Top Bottom