Ford LCF 6 cyl/diesel

Connor

Name
Connor
Spidey said:
We love ours, its our wdr equipment hauler. Built much more solid than our Isuzu's.

How many miles, richard, that's the biggest test.

I looked at the LCF, I didn't like that it had less headroom than the Isuzu so getting in and out was not as easy, but the interior was nicer.

How much has it cost you to run.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Connor said:
Spidey said:
We love ours, its our wdr equipment hauler. Built much more solid than our Isuzu's.

How many miles, richard, that's the biggest test.

I looked at the LCF, I didn't like that it had less headroom than the Isuzu so getting in and out was not as easy, but the interior was nicer.

How much has it cost you to run.

I am 6-2 and fit just fine, will say it has more of a cockpit feeling in the drivers seat than the other trucks.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd have to check miles but we don't put many miles on any of our boxes. They are "as needed" vehicles, not used everyday unless an emergency or special need asrises.

If it costs more its simply due to diesel vs gas, the diesels generally cost us more in maintenance and repair.

Is 275 hp enough power in a V6 to haul all of your stuff around?

I saw plenty of nice used box trucks on the penske website with 50-100k miles for 12-18k. The gmc had 6.0L 320 hp engines and the Fords were 255 hp.

That is a really nice looking truck though.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We can haul 60-pieces of drying equipment and it has plenty of power. It's the first choice when the guys go out monitoring jobs.

StructuralDrying14-1.jpg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Spidey said:
We can haul 60-pieces of drying equipment and it has plenty of power. It's the first choice when the guys go out monitoring jobs.

StructuralDrying14-1.jpg

That's a great looking box Richard!

Is that a 16 footer?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I looked at these when they came out and really liked them until I did a little research and found out the motor is a 6.0 with two cylinders less, otherwise the same motor. That motor is the worlds biggest pile of shit hence why its no longer around. Something else to consider is the trucks are not made anymore....Why?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom