Ford Transit 250

Becker

Name
Becker
Lol well i towed my old 4700 pound camper with the edge. And that was just the 3.5 the 3.7 is not an ecoboost the 3.5 is.

4700 pounds with a car rated at a max of 3500#.

Lots of cars have the power to pull, but are not built for it.

Just like the gas v8 f150 vs the gas f350 v8. Huge difference in towing capacity with same motor.

Good luck with your over weight edge.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Someone from Facebook said that Jon Don told him that putting a TM in a new Transit voids its warranty with Ford. Said he talked to the dealership and they agreed. Anyone else heard that?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Voiding of a warranty is not that simple.

When a problem or issue arises that needs warranty work, the manufacturer by law, must prove that your modification caused the fault and therefore is not covered in the manufacture warranty.

So to say if a truckmount is installed Ina van the warranty is void, is bogus, and the first few to have issues and take a manufacture to court will win and set precedent.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Randy why don't you like fords?

We have a couple of them with over 200000 miles that something's don't get moved for months and when we need them they go just like our newer ones.

In fact I still have my very first commercial van and it is a 1996 econoline with an inline 6 that just keeps going strong and everything with the exception of the radio works on it.

Ford / Chevys for the most part are going to last the same, particular yeast have particular issues such as tranny cooler issues or paint/primer issues. For the most part they are very good work vans that easily will run 250,000 mile before being sent to the crusher for recycling.

Back
Top Bottom