Ford van fuel question

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Always ran chevys....... so I'm dumb to this..

Ran it till it was in the red and on. Empty.. filled it up. It took 28.2 gallons. The manual says it holds 35 gallons. Is my guage wrong? Or does it not really hold 35?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Not sure if it'll take 35 but I've put in 32.5. The one time i could have tested I had someone bring a few gallons so I could drive to the gas station :lol: :lol: :lol:
28/29 is as low as you to go in my opinion.
If it gets very low and your up and down hills it can run out of gas even though you may have some in there.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I always fill up at half tank. But was testing it. The manual does say it holds 35 gallons. Wonder why they don't let the gauge show the actual amount.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I think my Super Cargo is 37 gal

The gas gauge isn't the same on Fords compared to Chevy
(at least the older Chevy's I've owned from the mid/late 80s)
The gas gauges on them as I recall was "instant" ...in that the gauge would vary back and forth as gas sloshed on starts and stops

Ford's aren't instant like that .
and you still have a fair amount of gas in the tank when the needle hits the red

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks guys used to chevys. And the owners manual says sumin about the reserve tank. I think im starting to like the ford over the express too.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the tanks are designed that way to prevent all the dumb red-necks from running out of fuel. when it's in the red you have 5+ gals. left.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom