Ford van stuck in neutral???

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Ford e250. Was driving along and it would not go. Like it was in neutral tried all gears and still no go. Turned ignition off and started back up.. after that it was fine. My trans guy said I always have the weird problems. Working ok now what could have caused it?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
F ucked up
O ld
R ebuilt
D odge

sounds like the linkage slipped or got stuck..or the shifting sensor...or the whatcamacallit is plugged....or it is just a Ford.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had an 89 Camry that on cold days would do that, didn't start doing it till 30,000 miles.
Took it to the tranny shop and they replaced a valve body and never had a problem again in the ten years we owned it.

G

greentech

cleann4kids said:
F ound
O n the
R oad
D ead!

Or

F irst
O n
R ace
D ay!

That is weird!

F ix
O ften
R epair
D aily

Actually, I have had great luck my Ford vans.

Could be bad linkage.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
01 234,000 its the backup van with a new machine. But seems more durable than my 06 express and good shape looks newer

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm glad you all like your Chevy's since we all have to pay for you to have that beautiful POS..

I'll always buy FORD... 05' and an 06' minimal problems. hey Marty, blow me

Name
R.J. Povio
I would check your tranny fluid to see if it was low and or change it if you haven't done so recently. Was the van ran for a long time....could the tranny have overheated??

We have Ford vans with mileage from 55k to 200k on them and I have never had the problem you are describing.

Back
Top Bottom