Forget Me Not...

StayedReady

Name
Joe Quiocho
Other than a great job and a smile, what tangible premium are you leaving your customers to ensure they remember you?
And if so, how effective do you find them?

Examples:
Lifetime supply of carpet spotter
Magnets
Pens
Mouse Pads
Stickers on Vacuums
etc...

Reactions: Mikey P

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
So I asked a promotional company to send me a couple of sample products. You won't believe what I got.

IMG_20151228_111815.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Haha... Too funny!

I buy locally who of course would purchase from an outsourcing vendor

And funny part, I have bought all 3 items from different local people...

But sending out all of mine... Priceless....

:)

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Besides magnets, calendars, spotting bottles, newsletters, postcards, a super job and your incredible personality, does anyone do something unique
that your custy would have your number on her cell phone???

I know that just opened this thread up for a stream of jokes.

Seriously:
Think if you had a system that your customer would want to easily "share" your contact info on her phone.
How could that be done
seamlessly without intrusion.

Last edited:

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Besides magnets, calendars, spotting bottles, newsletters, postcards, a super job and your incredible personality, does anyone do something unique
that your custy would have your number on her cell phone???

I know that just opened this thread up for a stream of jokes.

Seriously:
Think if you had a system that your customer would want to easily "share" your contact info on her phone.
How could that be done
All of our long term customers do have our number programmed into their phone.
As for new customers we give them a bottle of Home Pro spotter, which I just reordered this morning in fact.
That is actually a good thought though...would it be too pushy to flat out ask them if they would add you to their contacts for the two reasons? So as not to forget us but also easily refer us to others?

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
i left 'em a good job......:rockon:
That's a given...but I like to leave them a spotter for the inbetweens, not only to remember us by but to help them maintain their carpets between cleanings. Our customers love that spotter too.
It is so inexpensive, it's worth it. Hell, I paid more for an Adwords campaign for the holiday and got not one call, but I get lots of calls about that spotter.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Can we get passed the spotter and a good job.

What about something they would
want in their phone (emergency spotting)that also had your contact info.
Your own app perhaps.

Last edited:

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Can we get passed the spotter and a good job.

What about something they would
want in their phone (emergency spotting)that also had your contact info.
Your own app perhaps.
How does one build an app? It sounds like that might be expensive and you would always have to be making updates on it to keep up with technology and operating system updates and for security purposes as well. I know nothing about that.
Do you have any thoughts or knowledge on that? It's an interesting idea.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
So do you want to answer the question I asked you earlier about whether it would be too pushy to ask the customer to add you to their contact list?

How could that be done
sorry, poor punctuation, but that was my question.

Kellie, I do think it could be taken as "Pushy". "Could" being the operative word.
I could get my contact info on most of my customers' phones with my charming personality and knowing
who not to ask. Guys like Ofer, maybe not. If you're not doing that, with all due respect, you're missing the boat. I however am not on a truck and would rather my techs not ask.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if a system could be set in place that our customers willfully put us in their contact list. Phones
are our personal phone books. The Rolodex and business cards (forgive me) are sooo yesterday. Find a way in their phones
and they'll have you forever.

Hey, there's always the sticker on the vacuum cleaner idea.

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
sorry, poor punctuation, but that was my question.

Kellie, I do think it could be taken as "Pushy". "Could" being the operative word.
I could get my contact info on most of my customers' phones with my charming personality and knowing
who not to ask. Guys like Ofer, maybe not. If you're not doing that, with all due respect, you're missing the boat. I however am not on a truck and would rather my techs not ask.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if a system could be set in place that our customers willfully put us in their contact list. Phones
are our personal phone books. The Rolodex and business cards (forgive me) are sooo yesterday. Find a way in their phones
and they'll have you forever.

Hey, there's always the sticker on the vacuum cleaner idea.

What about a lightweight very simple spotting app. Somewhat similar to what CTI did but make it homeowner friendly. On the app have a click to call button they can use if they feel it's too complicated or they're not having success then they call you. Make the instructions in the spotting app so that they don't want to grab for a bottle under the sink unless it's yours, and so they're not doing something that will set the stain.

Phone app developers are a dime a dozen and you can get an app made for a pretty good price. "Download our spotting app and receive free life-time spotter". New age technology with an old effective marketing approach with the spotter. Again the key is making it lightweight(doesn't take up a lot of phone space) so that they won't delete your app to install candy crush or whatever it is people are playing these days.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Shaw Floors has an Iphone stain app you can download and its full of info and not only will it have you choose the stain but it will show you what products to use and how to use it .. maybe have your customer download it and add you to the contact list as a back up to guide them through the app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom