Freaking YELP!!

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I've gotten a bit lazy in the last few months for asking my customers who come from Yelp to write a review on Yelp after service is completed. I just made a commitment to myself the other day to start doing that again.

I had 14 5star reviews and 8 filtered ones.

I got my 15th 5 star review in the other day. I checked it as soon as I found out I got it. The reviewer had 3 other reviews so that was good as I've realized, as I think was posted in an earlier topic here on MB, that first time reviewer reviews tend to get filtered.

I went ahead and clicked the "useful" button as was also mentioned here by Mikey as something to do to help the review stick and not be unfiltered.

I just checked and it got filtered. I'm back to 14 5star reviews and NINE filtered reviews.

I'm pissed.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yelp just two weeks ago made it possible to reply to filtered reviews.

I replied to three and one of them got exposed again

Mikey P

Administrator
I asked Yelp about the lady with 300 reviews..

Thanks for contacting Yelp.

If a review isn’t showing up under Recommended Reviews in a business’s Yelp listing, it isn’t one of the reviews we are showcasing today. It’s important to note that even if this review isn’t one of the millions we currently recommend, users can still find it at the bottom of the Yelp listing or on the user’s profile page, and it might be recommended on another day.

Please see our FAQ for a complete explanation: http://www.yelp.com/faq#recommended_reviews

Regards,
Tobias
Yelp User Support
San Francisco, California

Yelp Official Blog | http://officialblog.yelp.com
Yelp Frequently Asked Questions | http://www.yelp.com/faq
Yelp for Business Owners | https://biz.yelp.com

BS

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It is frustrating when some of the nicest reviews get filtered out.
Though there's no "malicious" hand behind it.

Just keep getting more good reviews.

Ron K

RH Koller has been cleaning my rugs for several years and I give them my highest recommendation. They have cleaned my wall to wall carpeting as well as several oriental carpets. RH Koller is prompt, efficient and professional. RH Koller is always my first choice in carpet cleaners. They are just the best!

One of my filtered reviews

• Told me he was giving me a rate because there was no Porsche in the driveway, which I suppose was a comment on the affluence of Bainbridge Island. Little did he know I had one in the garage. Pass.

One of my competitors filtered reviews

Last edited:

Bjorn

one of my not recommended reviews

Excellent, quick service. I am more than satisfied. I literally said, "I could cry I'm so happy!" The in-laws are coming and I'm not embarrassed to have them in my home with my dog, cats and ferrets! Terry is able to work miracles! My dog even loved him! :)

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah I'm sup fed up with Yelp. I have something like 84 filtered reviews. Granted, some of them are from people who only have written a few reviews but they've also filtered people that have written something like 20 other reviews, and as you go through every other review - i noticed that they haven't filtered the reviews of every other company. AND, they have failed to filter 3 fake reviews of which we've sent them proof of and they still won't filter them. VERY annoying and you get absolutely NOwhere with Yelp. You just have to ignore your help account and let it do what it's going to do.

Name
I'm Rick James
Yeah I'm sup fed up with Yelp. I have something like 84 filtered reviews. Granted, some of them are from people who only have written a few reviews but they've also filtered people that have written something like 20 other reviews, and as you go through every other review - i noticed that they haven't filtered the reviews of every other company. AND, they have failed to filter 3 fake reviews of which we've sent them proof of and they still won't filter them. VERY annoying and you get absolutely NOwhere with Yelp. You just have to ignore your help account and let it do what it's going to do.

Thats because you caused a red flag with yelp.. you have multiple listings on yelp for the same company, you are getting reviews to fast for the age of your account that is why they say don't ask them to leave a review.. i remember seeing something on your site last year paying people to leave reviews.. not to mention it goes off your IP address and if thats doing anything it shouldn't be doing on yelp it will affect your account with them.

I have about 70-80 visible and 20-30 that are filtered..

Reactions: Mikey P

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
We've never paid anyone for yelp reviews but we have had multiple locations for our company which we just addressed with them. I definitely believe our account is red flagged because we get filtered more than any other company i've seen. You're lucky man! Being #1 on yelp is a big advantage when it comes to lead generation.

Name
I'm Rick James
We've never paid anyone for yelp reviews but we have had multiple locations for our company which we just addressed with them. I definitely believe our account is red flagged because we get filtered more than any other company i've seen. You're lucky man! Being #1 on yelp is a big advantage when it comes to lead generation.

One of my customers use to work for yelp and he gave me some of the inside scoop.. and those things we talked about and a few others will get your account flagged. It is true they have no control what gets filtered and what doesn't.. and that the yelp user plays a big part if the review will stick. He now works for Amazon .. he said they are about ready to come out with the "yelp killer".. which is funny because he found me on yelp.

The best advice I can give anyone with yelp is don't "screw around" with your yelp account.. just let it be. It took me a few years to climb the ranks of yelp, now I think Bill at zimp has only a few more visible reviews now.. but he's rated 4.5 stars.. i,m 5 stars.. like a boss. :)

Seriously though.. getting mad at yelps filtration method is like getting mad at gas prices.. nothing you can do, just do the best you can do.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Yelp just two weeks ago made it possible to reply to filtered reviews.

I replied to three and one of them got exposed again

Did you reply with a public comment or a private comment. Yelp says unless your correcting a fact in the review use the private comment (like to thank them). Wonder if that makes a difference?

Name
I'm Rick James
I'm figuring it will take 6 more five star reviews to bump up from 4.5

With as many good reviews he has, I don't think it makes to much of a difference between the 4.5 to 5 star rating.. other than bragging rights I guess. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom