Fresh water rinsing.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
KevinD said:
Why does a 1 year old thread need a bump?
Got a question?

maybe he was wanting me to mention he should use the vinegar on a SALAD or Italian sub sammich

and NOT on a carpet :roll:

..L.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
Why start a new thread when there is already one started...

My chem meter froze over the winter and been running just a fresh water rinse, so just see if people still roll with that or if its been deemed by the gurus that its bad to use.

Meat..personally I like ranch, egg, cheese on my salad with a dash of bacon bits.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when I rotary clean I FWR.......

If I wand clean....I turn on my rinse......don't ask me why..I just fell more warm and fuzzy about it.......

John Watson

On the majority of the homes we do, O2 and rinse is the norm. On the ones MyHelen gits mad at me for booking(Rat Nasties) If Booster is handy or we will run something through the system like slurry instead of a rinse. Just don't forget to rinse your system before you srpay white carpets the next day.

Another reason Brent uses vinegar, It helps his coustomers remember him over other carpet cleaners... The green guy that made our house smell like dill pickles!!!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Nero said:
Why start a new thread when there is already one started...

My chem meter froze over the winter and been running just a fresh water rinse, so just see if people still roll with that or if its been deemed by the gurus that its bad to use.

Meat..personally I like ranch, egg, cheese on my salad with a dash of bacon bits.

You could go forever without repairing your chem draw. I rarely put any goo into my 5 gal rinse tank although I always have water in it so the pulse pump won't run dry. Occasionally I will hack clean and put Steam Genie Deluxe Super Clean for a one step cleaning , but 99% of the time I hydroforce Grease Eraser which has the surfactants you are looking for when you run chemicals in your rinse. If you have a good quality water in your fresh tank, no additional chemicals need to be added, especially if you are flushing with hi-flo.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
FWR here...

as a side note, what are a list of the acidic side rinses???

i mean i see names....but...i have always done FWR soooo never thought about it...

John Watson

On the majority of the homes we do, O2 and rinse is the norm. On the ones MyHelen gits mad at me for booking(Rat Nasties) If Booster is handy or we will run something through the system like slurry instead of a rinse. Just don't forget to rinse your system before you srpay white carpets the next day.

Another reason Brent uses vinegar, It helps his coustomers remember him over other carpet cleaners... The green guy that made our house smell like dill pickles!!!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I think Art brought up a interesting point with his Detroit water . Isn't the condition of the local water being used a bigger factor in deciding the need for a rinse? Public water varies so much throughout the US, can there really be a right or wrong answer?
Can you really discuss this without including local water conditions?

Name
I'm Rick James
John Watson said:

Its all about branding... I also offer pickle tickles as an add on.

:shock:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Nero said:

now you're making sense .... !gotcha!

it's always been my supposition that the overwhelming majority of FWR advocates are those with unreliable metering systems ...period

..L.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
meAt said:
Nero said:

now you're making sense .... !gotcha!

it's always been my supposition that the overwhelming majority of FWR advocates are those with unreliable metering systems ...period

..L.T.A.

thats how I went FWR.. to be honest I really dont see a difference

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I always had a pretty reliable metering system but around 20 years ago when I put onboard water tanks in and ever since just added my emulsifier to my water tanks and filled them with soft water.
Every day I know exactly what dilution ratio I am running and it never varies job to job.
If something is a bit nasty it gets a bit more prespray or agitation but the rinse remains the same.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin said:
when I rotary clean I FWR.......

If I wand clean....I turn on my rinse......don't ask me why..I just fell more warm and fuzzy about it.......

So what do you use when your wanding? If you don't want to endorse any chem names can you pm me?

I personally run endzone on a lot of jobs these days, but for years I was FWR only!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
[quote="Jim Martin":22t3zizl]when I rotary clean I FWR.......

So what do you use when your wanding? If you don't want to endorse any chem names can you pm me?

I personally run endzone on a lot of jobs these days, but for years I was FWR only![/quote:22t3zizl]

I like to use Pros Choice...Last Step...

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
meAt said:
[it's always been my supposition that the overwhelming majority of FWR advocates are those with unreliable metering systems ...period

..L.T.A.

But if that's not the case, (as with me, mine works fine,) it could be that FWR guys find emulsfiers and acid rinses are completely unnecessary if a good prespray is already applied.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
i was told during a class yrs ago FW doesn't make a good rinse agent.

So even when I didn't have a metering syst, ie on my Big Red, I always added something to the FW tank, whether some O2 rinse or maybe a cup of emulsifier, like CBS. Mixed in 200gal, 1 cup is minimal but gives the water a little boost.
Now that I have a metering syst on the CanAm, still use the same rinses. The only time I'm going FWR is when the meter closes off during the job. With highflow I don't use a lot in the stock containers.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
The last step chem injection stopped working on the Boxxer. I've been adding to the freshy for about a year now.

I need to make a bastard child siphon system, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I always run Procyon as a rinse. It is, by nature, a water softner. I also still run the Kinetico in the van, so double the soft water pleasure. I also add a bit of deodorizer for the custy.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i don't think HIgh heat is acid nor encapsulating but i have been wrong before. seems like the ph was around 10

gene

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
amazingcleansc said:
bowl cheet. that akalinity of the detergent will attract acidic soils, and make the carpet feel crunchy. an acid rinse will degrade that detergent into water and a little bit of a salt.
The alkalinity has little to do with rinsing properties.

There are alkaline builders that rinse very well and leave a soft hand.

There are other alkaline builders that rinse very poorly and leave a harsh hand.

Most rinse agents are designed for the poor alkaline builders.

There are also very effective alkaline rinse agents.

Surfactants are the usual culprits in attracting soil.

That is why the detergent-free powders are increasing in usage.

Larry

S

sam miller

One other thing Larry Years ago all we used was Porty's and clean green slurry and 90 all left the carpet a little stiff after drying!

Once I got a steamgenie sgs 36 with those same chemicals the carpet was soft! Heat play's a part maybe because it breaks down

the chemical more? Hence chemicals like high heat which have water softening built into them.

Liquid 90 hasnt left my carpet crunchy or stiff I do it 3 times a year with a truckmount. As for a chem pump I repair the metering

system and replace diaphragm it is the weakest point on the machine! 2 times a year it needs fixing.

Name
I'm Rick James
Heat plays a huge factor in cleaning. In hot water the molecules move faster because of the kinetic energy the heat produces. Thats why I always try to mix my spray with hot water.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're chem system doesn't work so you rationalize that it really isn't needed after all, and that FWR is the best thing for the carpet. But is it really????

200px-The_Fox_and_the_Grapes_-_Project_Gutenberg_etext_19994.jpg

The Fox and the Grapes by Aesop.

ONE hot summer’s day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. “Just the things to quench my thirst,” quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: “I am sure they are sour.”

“IT IS EASY TO DESPISE WHAT YOU CANNOT GET.”

When the fox fails to reach the grapes, he decides he does not want them after all, an example of adaptive preference formation, designed to reduce cognitive dissonance.

Name
I'm Rick James
I am trying to figure out if it is better, but still not sure. I personally havent seen a difference, but im no Guru.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom