Fried the pump on my Boxxer 421....How do I remove clutch from pump?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
So buy a new pump, transfer the clutch over. Then order rebuild kit and fix your old one at your convenience. You'll be up and running yet still learn, and bawb will be happy.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I don't think it's rebuildable. Making a horrible noise while running. Like I said, I fried it good. The dipstick was even melted.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
How can distributors charge double the price?! I can understand a little price difference, but man.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
That's where you learn to Find numbers on parts and start googleing them. I've found a lot of stuff for that machine online for cheaper.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Becker

Name
Becker
Curt, I've witnessed dirk jump starting a jeep just fine, he even explained to me as I took the wheel and drive around Vegas not letting it die.

So don't cut him short.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ya..put your part #'s in Ebay and you can make some steals....

lik the time i bought the TWO brand new 47 Roots off the back dock for fi hundred off an Ebay ad

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Forgive me if I've told this story before. Needed a "gimbal bearing" for my Mercruiser outdrive in my old boat. the outer race is curved so it can pivot a little. It supports the driveshaft at the transom. Merc dealer wanted something like $280 for a new one.

I called up the local Kaman Bearing and read him the number etched on the side. I hear pages turning. "Spherical outer race?" asks he. "Yup, that's the one" says I. "You must be working on a conveyor, right?". "Umm, yeah, a conveyor!".... The new bearing was like $30, and it was still going strong 3 years later when I sold it.

:biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Your supplier has to carry lots of different parts vs a place that just sales pumps and buys in bulk.
They can't compete with price but they have it so you can install right now and go back to work. Priceless to me.

Gene

Reactions: dgardner

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
That pump that Charlie listed is $283.00. JonDon sells same one for $570 and Interlink for almost $700.00. Someone tell me how that is????? I guess because when something like this breaks enough of us don't know to look around a little? I don't want to hear about great customer service either, that's twice the price for the same pump!!!!

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
And the damn thing doesn't even say Hydramaster on it. They sent me the comet pump just like in the above link!

I don't even get to feel good about the Hydramaster sticker. So, the distributor could buy it from the same place for $283, then mark it up to $560 or $680. Seems excessive to me.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
We offer all this great advice, and all you got us was a Keystone Light? Sheesh...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Chris A

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its a no win situation for the distributor. If he doesn't stock it, the guy that needs one gets pissed. If he does stock it, it sits on the shelf collects dust and gets no return on his investment.

How can the car wash guys sell it so cheap, it doesn't collect dust on his shelf. They probably sell 100-1 what a distributor would.

I'm not saying buy it from them. I think its smart to always search for a better price but sometimes need will outweigh price. A unit up and running is better to have, than savings dollars waiting on a replacement part. :errf:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Pressure washer authority would have gotten it shipped to him just as fast as Jon Don.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Interlink must have some prime shelf space since they're $120 more than Jon Don. As Steve T always says......you should set prices at the point of pain.

Well, I feel it!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree. I was thinking local, shipping and waiting??? You're right might as well save what you can.

I just bite the bullet and pay the local guy. Minimal down time and that unit is back out making money.

Do I wish it were cheaper? Sure I do, but I need it running so I'm willing to pay more to get it back out in the field.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I needed to rebuild my pump on my Boxxer so I did a search on the part numbers from the last time I rebuilt it. I found the pressure washer website.the pump was not much more than what I paid for the parts last time. So I ordered the new pump to replace mine with 4500 hours. Kept the old pump as a back up.
Your new pump will last a while, but having a backup is a good idea.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
The issue here is no matter who Dirk ordered from down time is the same!!! He got shaken down. We aren't talking about Joes Repair shop on the corner. We are talking about the two largest distributors in our industry.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Just make sure the pump you but has the seals that can handle higher temps ands have slight run dry capabilities.

A comet with the seals will be a bit higher than the one in the link that has the regular buna seals.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I paid the big bux so that I'd get the right part! There, I feel better.

I won't kid ya, this beer is tasty.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Installed. Super awesome, no pressure!

Good grief. Didn't run it long cuz I didn't wanna run it dry. Plenty of water in the water box. Hmmm, does it take a while to prime?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom