friendly purple truck techs

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Today i was about 60 miles outside my home area,(canton mi) cleaning a customers new home.on my way back to the freeway i was at the intersection and spotted a hagopian van with 2 techs passin thru the intersection and they both waved to me:headbang: that says alot about them. most two tech companies look at me like i am an alien:afro::confused:

Reactions: davendana

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Glen are you sure it wasn't the single finger wave? :icon_razz:

the-finger-250x229_zpsb792e2c5.jpg

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Thanks Bob you ol coot:rockon: Brian H.. I was on my way to 275 from canton center and ford.lilley@

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Bob this custy is a friend of my wifes family,his whole family lives in troy.and they are yugo's.and about 20% or more of my business.when the yugos call maximum rolls,even to canton and commerce twp.they got businesses homes and cash:headbang:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I usually say hi to other carpet cleaners driving around...most of the time they don't even want to acknowledge me.

One time I said hi to a guy on the gas station right around the corner to my office as I was headed out to Mikeyfest at Mytee and invited the guy. He didn't care for it. He never even heard of the boards online..he only cared about how "look at this machine is soo big it takes up half the van". (a white tragic slide in, he had in there)

And he was running it with long 1.5 whip line with a tiny wand... :oldrolleyes: :razz:

I kept pushing him to come down to Poway (half hour away from us) and get to know the best in the industry and gain friends etc etc.. He in his subtle way believed himself that he is/was already on top.. :eekk: :eekk:

I met another one at a gas station and ended up talking to him for an hour..turns out he is a ***-er..very nice guy and since then we help each other out with technical advice or send business each others way. He may be a lurker here too... Ludo speak up don't be scared.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I usually say hi to other carpet cleaners driving around...most of the time they don't even want to acknowledge me.

One time I said hi to a guy on the gas station right around the corner to my office as I was headed out to Mikeyfest at Mytee and invited the guy. He didn't care for it. He never even heard of the boards online..he only cared about how "look at this machine is soo big it takes up half the van". (a white tragic slide in, he had in there)

And he was running it with long 1.5 whip line with a tiny wand... :oldrolleyes: :razz:

I kept pushing him to come down to Poway (half hour away from us) and get to know the best in the industry and gain friends etc etc.. He in his subtle way believed himself that he is/was already on top.. :eekk: :eekk:

I met another one at a gas station and ended up talking to him for an hour..turns out he is a ***-er..very nice guy and since then we help each other out with technical advice or send business each others way. He may be a lurker here too... Ludo speak up don't be scared.
Did you ever stop to think that the reason they don't aknowledge you is because they probally think you are a ***.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
yeah, both Ken and Mardie might be right concerning how cleaners in town think of me. I know I've been bad mouthed because I charge a lot more than they do, most are still charging early 90's rates and cleaning with 1990's methods and I know many think I'm nuts for suggesting they need to vacuum before steam cleaning, whether they do it anally or just to do it at all.
I'll still wave.

FredC

Village Idiot
Did not know that this board self edits

necessary evil....between me dropping F-bombs and Mike calling folks ***s, not that there is anything wrong with that, we feel its best

sorry for any inconvenience

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
necessary evil....between me dropping F-bombs and Mike calling folks ***s, not that there is anything wrong with that, we feel its best

sorry for any inconvenience
Thats ok thought it was kinda neat that you knew to put that word on auto edit. lol

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
yeah, both Ken and Mardie might be right concerning how cleaners in town think of me. I know I've been bad mouthed because I charge a lot more than they do, most are still charging early 90's rates and cleaning with 1990's methods and I know many think I'm nuts for suggesting they need to vacuum before steam cleaning, whether they do it anally or just to do it at all.
I'll still wave.
Ron the reason they dont wave is probally because they know you kick ass. It can be a lonley world out their for guys like us. LOL

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
talk about over analyzing you hagopian db's accept the compliment and tell your crew we don't know who it was but it was awesome and hope the rest would do the same

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Did you ever stop to think that the reason they don't aknowledge you is because they probally think you are a ***.

Mardie read my comments I made to you since you joined here....I invited you over tohelp you9 and show you around how it can be done if you free your mind from your vs bs.

Sorry to point out how stupid your comment here is again: even if I was an ass, how the hell would another guy in another truck know that??

I guess I'm an ass huh? Because I say somethings others won't but think or just gave up saying...
Good grief...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I used to wave at all other cleaners, I would talk to them at gas stations, banks, supply stores, anywhere I encountered one. One time I was cleaning a house and came out to the truck and there was a guy next door (ex Chem-Who) bonnet cleaning. I watched him, brought him over and he watched me use the RV and he eventually bought my van and TM when I sold the biz.....but then I had to repo it from him later.....then Jeff took it....but all of that is another story.

.....anyway.... I think we get much further when we cooperate and help each other than when we are competitive.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: Zee and Ken Snow

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I used to wave at all other cleaners, I would talk to them at gas stations, banks, supply stores, anywhere I encountered one. One time I was cleaning a house and came out to the truck and there was a guy next door (ex Chem-Who) bonnet cleaning. I watched him, brought him over and he watched me use the RV and he eventually bought my van and TM when I sold the biz.....but then I had to repo it from him later.....then Jeff took it....but all of that is another story.

.....anyway.... I think we get much further when we cooperate and help each other than when we are competitive.

Take care,
Lisa

Wally... What a guy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom