Fritz Thompson exposes IICRC financial "disaster"

harryhides

Name
Tony
As an IICRC Board member, I should clear up a few things -
The 2 Million listed on the 990 Form is not for "consulting" in the traditional meaning of the word.
It is to run the entire administration, web-site maintenance, record keeping, data entry, mail and phone services, sales of Standards, patches and any number of other normal administrative functions like paying for all the staff employed there.

A lot of "best practices" have been introduced in the last two years since our "Certified" President came on board.
He got the job through an open bidding process - we had over 100 applicants.
More "best practices" are still being introduced in order to allow for more transparency, more efficiency, more professionalism so that we can actually provide more benefits and better Standards and Courses.
This all takes time and these improvements are being implemented mainly by volunteers so please be patient.
I believe that there is a great deal of potential with this organization - stay tuned.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Tony I thought you retired and went back to Kenya.

Spending your twilight years fishing for talapia in Lake Victoria.

And getting buggered by the neighboring young men.

:shock:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Marty said:
All the IICRC has to do is buy an ad here and you'd be hiding it too. :roll:

nah
I've pissed off more than few sponsors over the years
and pissed ON one or two !gotcha!

some have cried to Mike about it.
Mike has NEVER asked me to stop or do or say anything different.
never even as much as implied such a thing

not that it would make any difference if he did

:lol: :lol:

oh yea, IICRC thingie
I'm not a member, never have been and likely never will be
(especially since all the cushy "good ole boy" jobs for "tired-out carpet cleaners" won't be doled out) :cry:

but as an impartial observer, the shake up looks to be is a good thing.
i like full disclosures and keeping things in the open
There is something very antiseptic about exposing things to light. !gotcha!

i sincerely wish the New Guard well

..L.T.A.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
No JiMmy. Harold is back to teaching. "How To Burn Down A Failing Carpet Cleaning Business" You know the IIrc patch with flames all over it. LOL.

Golden Boy

Mikey P

Administrator
Marty said:

Do you want to back that claim up with any facts or are you just try to be an industry somebody?

I can think of one time I asked some people, you included, to not speak about a Mytee beta test item.

I also remember the time you CLEARLY asked me not to say anything on the board about how you were going to screw Duane Oxley. hey Marty, blow me hey Marty, blow me

Other than that, nobody can ever come on here and say I hushed them up.

In fact NO advertiser has ever had to ask.

so **** you Merty.

randy

Name
Randy
Mikey P said:
Evan yanked this thread from ICS.

Imagine that.

Glad I stole it. shiteatinggrin

That is why this board is the board and ICS is well ......

Seriously Mike Thanks for allowing this information to be posted. I know there will be some IICRC loyalist/cult members pissing on your front lawn because of this.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Mikey P said:
Tony
Will Coopers new organization be running Connections or is that your job now?

I need a room mate for September.

I have nothing to do with Connections and likely won't attend either, sorry pal.

harryhides

Name
Tony
randy said:
Mikey P said:
I know there will be some IICRC loyalist/cult members pissing on your front lawn because of this.

I seriously doubt that Randy, 990's are public documents according to the law and that's the way it should be.
You may want to apply your legal mind to a law called "Sarbanes Oxley" for more info.

Now the folks at the GSA MAY be a little annoyed at having their grand trips to Vegas exposed.......

PCCN

Doc Holliday said:
This kind of exposure is needed!

Rumors have been rampant for years about what was going on at the IICRC, finally some solid numbers to point to.

Thank you Fritz

Thanks for saving me from giving them anymore of my hard earned dollars! Take me off now IICRC/CleanTrust (or whatever name of the week it is)!!!!!

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
iezuc.png

http://www.iezuc.com/

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Marty said:

I have to disagree. I have been slugging it out with mikey on the boards since '04. I also visit other message boards for other interests I have like hunting and shooting. no other board I have ever seen has let issues run their course like around here. in fact seeing how things run here with very little sensorship gets me in trouble on other boards because my thinking is like dammit let the drama unfold it works just fine on mikeysboard.

hogjowl

Idiot™
steve g said:
Marty said:

I have to disagree. I have been slugging it out with mikey on the boards since '04. I also visit other message boards for other interests I have like hunting and shooting. no other board I have ever seen has let issues run their course like around here. in fact seeing how things run here with very little sensorship gets me in trouble on other boards because my thinking is like dammit let the drama unfold it works just fine on mikeysboard.

Actually, I agree.

But you have to understand ... that really wasn't my point.

I got what I was aiming for. LOL

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Thanks for saving me from giving them anymore of my hard earned dollars! Take me off now IICRC/CleanTrust (or whatever name of the week it is)!!!!!

The way the money was spent at the IICRC was the problem. Was, no longer is, so a protest against the IICRC doesn't make sense anymore.

Fritz Thompson is showing the way things used to work at IICRC when the ICRA guys were in charge to illustrate why he's concerned about the members of the trade associations that got involved with ICRA. I have friends that are members of those associations as well, and they recall being notified (not asked) about joining ICRA, but didn't pay much attention because no money was involved. Like Mr.Thompson, they may be more interested now that money is involved.

Mikey P

Administrator
Marty said:
steve g said:
Marty said:

Marty I'm more than happy to remind Duane and the members here
how you screwed him.
Any time you want to get clever with me or I can just add a quote to your signiture.

You pick.

Actually, I agree.

But you have to understand ... that really wasn't my point.

I got what I was aiming for. LOL

randy

Name
Randy
harryhides said:
randy said:
Mikey P said:
I know there will be some IICRC loyalist/cult members pissing on your front lawn because of this.

I seriously doubt that Randy, 990's are public documents according to the law and that's the way it should be.
You may want to apply your legal mind to a law called "Sarbanes Oxley" for more info.

Now the folks at the GSA MAY be a little annoyed at having their grand trips to Vegas exposed.......

I know they are Tony but I saw how fast Evan pulled them. A petty weasel move if you ask me. They should be posted on the IICRC website every year. If the organization doesn't become "open book" to the extreme it doesn't have a chance.

Funny thing how people react to the release of public records. Once I had my life threatened for distributing copies of the church's complete financials. One idiot told me the auditors report requires a court order before it can be released. I asked him, "pinocchio do you know how fast wood will burn in hell".

My name is Fritz Thompson and I was the original poster of this information regarding the IICRC.

First I would like to thank Mikey for posting this information.

I would like to explain why I did it.

I did it not to detract from what this fine organization has done, and the countless hours that many volunteers have spent improving our industry.

I did it because of the conduct and actions of a few of the old Board of Directors who were using the funds to promote their own self interests. They are gone for the most part and the new BOD's are great. They have cut the budget by over $400,000 and have ended the contracts for 'Consultants' that were given to their buddies that would keep them in power.

I would never have posted this, but I was trying to expose what these individuals who were 'robbing the industry' are now doing. They have moved to form their own 'National Association' and have given a "long term contract" to manage this new association to the one who was the most reprehensible one of the bunch. Most of the new founders of this organization called ICRA (Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Association) were those who were removed from the IICRC.

The 2.2 million dollar contract (for managing the IICRC) was signed by the 'old' IICRC Board of Directors without putting the management contract out for bid. The new BOD's must honor the contract, but I doubt it will be renewed when it expires.

My main concern is to let people know who may be members of the following organizations who are supporting the ICRA and repeating the same conduct that repulsed so many that was engaged in by many of the founders of ICRA when they were IICRC voting Board Members.

If you belong to any of the following organizations you need to call your President and express your displeasure with their joining the ICRA. The are:

The 7 associations are SCRT, CRA, PACR, MCRA, MSPCA, NEIRC, and NYRCI (since this press release where I copied this the NYRCI has said that it was not a part of this organization)

I have a lot of posts on the ICS Board and the Linkedin Board under IICRC Registrants Board which has over 3,500 members. Here is the link:

http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?vi...%2Egmp_1906822

There are 61 comments so when you get the the bottom of the page Make Sure you click on the tab, "More Comments"

You can read more there if you would like. (I would like to put it all on this board but it would take hours and I don't have time to do that. Too busy waging my battle against this travesty!!

I would like to say that the IICRC is a good thing, no a great thing, and you will see that under the proper direction that they now have, Fantastic things will be happening!!

Fritz Thompson
PS
You can contact me at fritz@sfgwebsite.com if I can be of any assistance to you in any way.
I will try to answer any serious questions that anyone posts on this board.
Sorry I didn't get here sooner.
I have much more that I will be sharing over the next few weeks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom