From Empty To ..........

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Last months shots of my new location/garage.
5.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

To this this week.....
shop5.jpg

shop3.jpg

shop2.jpg

shop1.jpg

shop6.jpg

Now I gotta straighten out this mess, organize, and toss out the junk.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Robert, do you plan on cleaning rugs there?

Not sure, Steve. I'm sure I can find room for rug cleaning down the road. There are adjoining offices that I can add to my total SF. I gotta get the building more secure, starting with the garage door. It get's a good blast of wind in the dead of Winter.

Last edited:

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Wow, at first I thought you were kidding. I guess I am kind of anal. We mop our floors in the shop twice a week and you could eat off any surface. We also have a 6 page list of every item in the shop with it's location noted as north wall 3 shelf middle for example. Otherwise we could not find a thing.
Al

mcatt

Name
Mike
Man that is a huge mess to organize. I could not function in a area like that myself.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Man that is a huge mess to organize. I could not function in a area like that myself.

I will organize all that "stuff" over the next few weeks. I had to get everything out of the previous building in a one week period. Most of it will go to the local Goodwill or Church organization to distribute to the needy.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Robert you've got quite a setup for printing, that extra space came in handy!

It's kinda fun screenprinting. Of course, single colors are the easiest, and we can print up to six colors on a textile, with halftones adding even more effect. We also have done 4-color process, in which we can print an infinet range of colors by just using 4 colors....cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. We also would like to get back into embroidery, of which we have 2 - 4 head, 12 color machines, and 2 - single head 12 color machines. We need a bit of training for that. The girl that did our embroidery was laid off back in '09 when things really slowed down, then she "boned" me by filing a workers comp claim of which got out of hand. She's finally off the temp total disability, but I don't want her back.

This will be something to do during the slowwwww times coming up after the first of the year.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Any ideas for insulating this place? It's got girders spaced at 36 inches. I was thinking 2" foam panels cut to fit. Fiber insulation would be a PITA to hang. Spray foam would be great, but pricey.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Well.....it was trying to stuff 10 lbs of shit into a 5 lb bag! I will get rid of most of that stuff. Those plastic bins are full of finished product that I can sell to "flea-market-ers" or just donate and take the write off.

I think that maybe you shouild consider getting rid of the totes too. We share the same need to store stuff out of site and forget about it.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I think that maybe you shouild consider getting rid of the totes too. We share the same need to store stuff out of site and forget about it.

Yep....some of those totes haven't been opened in 7 years. As I mentioned above, I had to empty out my old building where we were printing and embroidering. The other building was 2-3 times the size, so stuff was spread out. Stuff in the totes will be donated and/or sold to consignment stores.

This building is rented to me for $400 a month....open end lease. I pay utilities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom