Frozen Pipes

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You need to explain you do the full monty!

Us mitigation only guys can process more jobs but your tickets are far bigger!

We did 31-losses in January.

The guys were out at 4:30 AM they had some parts of 10-apartment at a retirement home.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I still have 4 Xactimates I have not done because it is so complex I am waiting on the adjusters to go in and do the rebuilds so I can put our mitigations together. I think just 3-4 of those losses added to 100k. I'll do the numbers once everything is imputed into the program and we get approval on all losses. We are doing 3-4 rebuilds at a time, and taking large progress payments before the insurance companies send the checks out, this way people have an option to move forward and we can continue w/ the progress.

So far the only one that seems to be nickle and diming on the actual line items is Allstate, they won't pay for PNT SP2 on new drywall only SP (it's a $.20 difference but I'll live)...and they also say they don't usually pay O&P for small losses (under 10k w/ rebuilds).

Another thing, for jobs that are min 40 mins plus distance, I am doing what Lockhart told me to do a while back, charge to and from office point a to point b. I've had some bark but when I explained that $40 bucks a hour to monitor when it takes us 3 hours to do a reading (2 hours round trip plus 1 hour of monitoring) the $40-65/hour does not cover overhead and we are working for free at that point, so far they've all agreed to pay.

Also Itel is backed up, usually they'd get you an answer within 24 hours now, but now it can be 2-3 weeks, most adjuster's I've ran into will get approval on flooring that is average grade w/out needing it to send to Itel which can delay the job even longer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom