Fuel tap question on truckmount

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I ran my machine for a few hours today and ran fine. Finished the job and went to my next one. Machine started but died. Troubleshooted it down to not getting fuel. I swapped out the fuel pump and filter but still nothing. Is there a filter in the fuel tank on the fuel tap?

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Are you sure there is enough gas it tank to reach fuel tap line?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Properly installed, the tap line will reach to about 1/4 tank only, leaving you enough fuel to drive to a gas station.

Ordinarily there is no screen or filter actually in the tank for the TM tap.

Reactions: TimM

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Properly installed, the tap line will reach to about 1/4 tank only, leaving you enough fuel to drive to a gas station.

This is on a machine that Interlink installed back in 2005. So I would hope it was installed properly. I have owned the machine since 2007 and it has always worked and no issues with the fuel.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Electric pump, or mechanical? Carbureted, or fuel injected (the TM, not the van)?

Have you tried to see if the pump will pull fuel (and run the TM) out of a gas can? That would help you see whether the issue was the fuel tap or something else.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I have a Facet pump under the van hooked to my 405.

When you turn the key to the ON position you can see the big red light flicker if the pump is running (you can hear it too).

I have a clear fuel filter in a visible spot to verify delivery, a pressure gauge as well (soon as I hook it up). It's also easy to pull the line off to verify.

Be DARN sure to reattach it securely to avoid the cover of the Bane Digest.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

My new Thermalwave install will run out at a hair over 1/4 tank....on level ground. Any angle will run it out sooner. So I just keep it full.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
It ended up being a section of hose was sucking air before the pump. I put a new filter and saw the crack in the hose and replaced that and it is running now.

If the line before the pump was brittle enough to crack, the line after the pump may be as well, and a cracked fuel line under pressure will ruin your day! Hope you replaced all of it....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom