Fuel Tap Question

Name
BradFenstermaker
My TM fuel tap is only good to 1/3 tank. It does have a fuel tap kit it looks like.

My question is after I pull the filler neck piece apart, what is on the inside of that adapter to get to inside of the tank??

Wanting to drop the pickup alittle lower to get around a qtr tank before TM out of gas. Need to get parts before I do this so its back up Monday.

Cant find any pics of the tap kit and how it works.

Thanks

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
My TM fuel tap is only good to 1/3 tank. It does have a fuel tap kit it looks like.

My question is after I pull the filler neck piece apart, what is on the inside of that adapter to get to inside of the tank??

Wanting to drop the pickup alittle lower to get around a qtr tank before TM out of gas. Need to get parts before I do this so its back up Monday.

Cant find any pics of the tap kit and how it works.

Thanks

Had the same problem on the 570......over a 1/4 tank of fuel not worried about running out had plenty to do the job.......got half way threw and machine shut off....after a few phone calls I found out that each fuel tap is made a certain way for the vans/machines.....they are not allowed to adjust anything on them when they are installed.....so I just always have to make sure that it does not get past that point any more......

Becker

Name
Becker
Older taps just have a pick up line, sometimes weighted. On my 98 I could nearly suck the tank dry..

On the newer stuff, and proper taps like the one on my 06, it leaves 6 gals and that is fine with me. I admit in the beginning I ran out of fuel a couple of times on a job.
Now I just refill when the gauge shows about 1/3 a tank remaining.

Scott Rogers

much less hassle to just top off your tank daily. Never understood why people dont keep their tanks full anyway, Sucks having to stop for gas when a unexpected job pops up. keep the van full and ready to go.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Where is matt King when you need him. The guy has vanished not heard from him in years. Great guy and could fix anything. i miss that dude.

GoLdne Boy

Name
BradFenstermaker
10-4 on refueling. I was just thinking about those larger jobs that will run 6-7hrs or more straight. Guess I will take a mandatory brake for fuel if I get low. Me tends to furgot sumtime 2 do tings.

Pre senior moments will get ya everytime.

Scott Rogers

10-4 on refueling. I was just thinking about those larger jobs that will run 6-7hrs or more straight. Guess I will take a mandatory brake for fuel if I get low. Me tends to furgot sumtime 2 do tings.

Pre senior moments will get ya everytime.

you should be able to run more then 10 hours straight on a full tank

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Mine runs out at maybe 1/8th tank. Depends on whether the van is level, leaning to the right or left. But....it never runs out until you have about 5 feet left to clean...........

Powerclean sold me mine, and I installed myself. It has a weighted SS line that was designed for my specific Chevy tank. The only thing I didn't like was that it required removing the anti-spill/rollover safety valve. Plus, it goes from the size of the filler tube to about 1/2 that size, which makes filling the tank a slow process.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom