Fun with your FLIR....

Bob Foster

Hey Richard C and others that have a FLIR can you please get that truckmount of yours all hot and bothered and shoot your blower so we can see how hot they are actually getting. Pictures would be nice.

And for those of you that don't have a FLIR if you have a laser thermometer please do the same. Make sure that the TM is hot like its just done a good job so its at its maximum temperature.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
First time I took laser temperature readings on mine I found the engine side of the direct drive coupler was 75 degrees over the temperature limit of 275 degrees.

I also found out the blower exhaust temperature far exceeds 275 degrees on a hot summer day.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The blower from different angles. Thanks
WHY"

KevinD said:
I also found out the blower exhaust temperature far exceeds 275 degrees on a hot summer day.

Got to be careful of that. I fried a customer’s bush with the exhaust. I always worry it will damage auto paint in a tight parking space, but that doesn’t seem to be an issue.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Bob why not just order an IR? The i5 is 1595 and I'll hook you up on the shipping..

Bob Foster

Wow, they sure have come down in price John. But I have little need for one myself.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
alsimsflir-2.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
KevinD said:

Got to be careful of that. I fried a customer’s bush with the exhaust. I always worry it will damage auto paint in a tight parking space, but that doesn’t seem to be an issue.[/quote]

I carry a fibre board to place under the exhaust, especially on asphalt drives. On a Summer day, I can move asphalt with my blower exhaust, and/or melt tar and sealer. Before they rotted out, I had the exhaust of the Genesis routed down through the side step and routed back under the van so they exited right in front of the rear wheel. Now, they just route through the step and angle a bit out to the side, but the airflow still strikes the ground.

I'll have to get my lazer temp reader out and check out the temps.

Back
Top Bottom