Garden hose connector for commercial

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Some commercial buildings have a key of some type. You insert it by pushing it in the access pipe then you put your hose in the fitting / key.

I'm trying to google it but can't seem to come up with the right words. A commercial building we're doing Monday has a hook up but I need the key. I'm sure the property manager may have access but I'd rather have my own.

What's this thing called?

thanks,
Albert

Magic One

4 way water key. Can't remember where I bout mine, Becarefull some vavles are different sizes. Did you fix you chemcial meter?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I believe you are refering to the in ground attatchments. I have to use one at an apartment complex I clean for. It is called a quick coupler key. Here is one on ebay if it is the one I use http://www.ebay.com/itm/33-QUICK-COUPLE ... 25671adef2 They have different sizes. On the top of the in ground valve they will have a model number that will corespond to the key. Made by rainbird btw

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I believe you are refering to the in ground attatchments. I have to use one at an apartment complex I clean for. It is called a quick coupler key. Here is one on ebay if it is the one I use http://www.ebay.com/itm/33-QUICK-COUPLE ... 25671adef2 They have different sizes. On the top of the in ground valve they will have a model number that will corespond to the key. Made by rainbird btw

Yep, those are the ones. Since this is a one time job I'll just check with the property manager. Thanks for the quick responses.

Jimmy, I replaced the sight glass and basically it doesn't work now. I've never been able to get that thing to work. I have a dema valve that I may try and make work. If not I'll bring it down to Greenie to see what he can do with it.

Albert

Magic One

Albert, if you hase a new diagham in it did you rebuild with the whole kit that comes with it? Put the hose without the filter in the vav. ports and cover ports open the chemcal meter all the way open.Somtimes it takes a while for it to prime.If this does work you have a inviseble crack in your hoses or fitttings behind the panel it attatches to,behind the checimal meter. They can be a pia

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
They have them at osh. I got mine there and put a valve on the end of it. I always have one on the truck and all of the keys for the water box.

Name
Lee Stockwell
They are about $15 at good hardware stores, HD, or Ace for the 3/4" version (most common). On large inground systems you may run into 1" versions. Not interchangable.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
We carry both sizes on the trucks. Use them all the time on lots of jobs. Set them up with regular hosebib valves so we don't have to have the hose hooked up before twisting it down into the system.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Put the hose without the filter in the vav. ports and cover ports open the chemcal meter all the way open.

Jimmy, I'm not sure what you mean by this but if I put the hose without the filter on the vacuum port and prime it will start pumping water. I guess it means that there is a leak in the fitting or hose as you state.

BTW, I've replaced the clear meter with a plastic line for now just to see if it was the problem (it was not). Would the system still work like this or do I need to replace it in order to keep troubleshooting?

thanks for the help

Magic One

Albert the recovery ports are the one that go to the waste tank. Some TM have 1/2. Open cheical meter all the way stick the chemical hose without the filter in. Cover ports even the port with the hose in it with your hand. Turn the 3 way valve to prime and let it suck for a while till it primes. The bullet in the chem meter should move.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I have all the keys and adapters I need for any hose hook up. What I'm looking for is..........

.......last year, on the Shark Tank show, Mark Cuban hooked up with a guy that invented a quik connect for fire hoses. At the end of the show, the guy pulled a little 1/4 turn quik connect for a standard hose bib spigot. That would eliminate the need to thread your supply line hose completely on the spigot, you would just hold your hose connector up to the spigot, give it a quik 1/4 turn, and it's sealed on the spigot. Mark Cuban really liked that idea and bought into the guys company. I still haven't seen it on the market.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom