Garden Hose

SmartChoice

Name
John Alzubi
I don't have a fresh water hose reel in my van, and I getting tired of kincky hoses. Is there any portable hose reel that you guys recommend. By the way I don't have space to install hose reel in my van. Thanks for you feedback

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I do not use it all the time so I have one on a cheap hose hanger on the wall.

Ron K

50 ft Gilmore Hose never really have had a problem. I think it's 5/8 Diameter.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don't have a fresh water hose reel in my van, and I getting tired of kincky hoses. Is there any portable hose reel that you guys recommend. By the way I don't have space to install hose reel in my van. Thanks for you feedback

no room to mount it on a door??

if you hose is kinking, two things

One; buy top quality rubber hose
*(the red water hose rated for hot water )
It's not cheap...$40-$50 bukz or so...but nothing is more supple .

two; always coil and uncoil the exact same way.
as you uncoil the hose, drop one coil at a time as you walk from TM to hose bib .

The hose will get a memory and coil the same way with ease every time ...IF you coil and uncoil EXACTLY the same way every time

..l.t.a.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I just mounted one of these on a 3/4 in piece of plywood on my rear door. Installed 1/4 in swivel and made it live to the TM. Holds 100 ft of 3/8 in rubber hose. Do you have a industrial hose store??

May have room from the ceiling also.

http://www.harborfreight.com/100-ft-steel-air-hose-reel-46342.html

Had drill 4 new holes on side of mount to bolt to plywood. Drill hole for swivel. Reel is made to be live for air hose. 2morrow I will try to video the setup. And get width from door to end of handle for you.

I love it being live, new Truck had no h2o tank. This way its pretty fast to the faucet and back.

Take care

Last edited:
Name
Brad Gouveia
I would rearrange and get a reel on the door or mount it from the roof. Could not imagine not using a reel.

I recently bought a xhose for the shop and love it. Only have had it for a month. Doubt it would hold up for use on a van but would be worth a shoot.

Name
BradFenstermaker
The fittings to get from 1/4in female threads to garden hose ends, cost as much as the reel. LOL

You can also feed it into a Y faucet connector go to watertank and machine live.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Brad, nice video and nice install. What type of red hose is that? I like that you can get a lot on the reel...very nice!!!!

Name
BradFenstermaker
3/8 Goodyear Pliotek or something like that. Local industrial hardware has hose dept. I love the hose for ease of use. Hoping the new smell leaves soon. Supposed to have little to no taste if you where drinking.

Paid around $60 for 100 ft. They crimped the garden hose end right on for. Female even swivels. Nice having LIve, just pull of what ya need.

A local cleaner friend came up with the design for mounting. Mine is much nicer/cleaner though. LOL Paint the board so it has some protection.

Going out in a bit for a late date with Wanda, will check the name for sure then. Curt your cell still the same?? Can I text the info??

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Nice set up. Fo shure. I need one. As far as no fresh water tank. You southern boyz have no fooken clue. There wasnt a unfrozen faucet head in the whole town today. I froze my ass off on a nice fatty one today. Windchill must have been 25 below zero. Wife was all over me when I rolled in at 11:37 AM today with $101.65. Man I love this fooken industry!!!!!

Golden Boy

Reactions: KevinL

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
That's thanks for the laugh Waldo. Does your wife jump your bones every time you do a hundred dollar job? She sounds like a keeper.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Soooo, why am I using 1/2" supply hose if I can use 3/8"?

1/2" must be more than enough flow to the machine, has anyone had any issues using the smaller hose?

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jerry my TNT has a waterbox that fills before the pump. Pump pulls it out of there. So winever the float drops the waterhose flows in there. Did tile at 1000 psi for the first time with new hose and no probs.

Reactions: jcooper
Name
BradFenstermaker
Waldo I had a fauct no working at house today. No shutoff valve. The other side of house worked so I hooked up. Presprayed, came back out to truck. What is that funny noise?? Look up toward that broke faucet. Its gushing out, small pond. Told lady maybe she needed to spend $10 on covers.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I stopped at Harbor Freight last night and they have all kinds of air hose super cheap, like $20 for 50 feet and even some at $20 for 100 feet.....i have a feeling this is a time where cheap isn't better.

Brad, did you have a hard time getting the right fittings?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Here's my simple setup....been using it for years. Lasts about 2 years. Makes a great birthday gift from my kids everyother year!! I use the heavy red heater-type hose.
hosereel_zps87b43a49.jpg

Name
BradFenstermaker
Hose shop put the garden hose ends on red hose. All other fittings and braided hose, clamps came from Ace Hardware. 1 and only part hard to find is the swivel for the back side of the reel.

Home Depot has some 90' swivels in the air tool department. Mine leaked so went back to hose store. Parket store will prob have the swivels too Curt. Check in phoenix.

http://www.goodyearep.com/LocatorNe...rizona&country=&latitude=&lontigude=&types=IH

Here ya go Curt

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom