Gasket Material

Name
Austin Willoughby
Ik this subject has been brought up and Ik I can buy gasket maker material from my local autoparts store ( I use to manage one) but im really curious as to what exact material the heat exchanger gaskets are? They seem to be a silicone material but I want to make sure whatever I get is resistant to fumes as well as the occasional chemicals that work there way past the blower. The one I purchased from jon don doesn't fit my model 🙄🙄 @BIG WOOD maybe you have some insight?

Thanks

20230807_185042.jpg 20230807_190234.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Austin Willoughby
I'm desperately in need of useless knowledge to be fair lol. Not that it matters bc ik I can just use auto parts gasket and it will be fine but I can't help myself on wanting to know specifics. Also gonna try and get the correct material so I can make more on this machine for future

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You’re only getting the blower exhaust through that heat exchanger so any high temp gasket material should work with the high temp red colored gasket sealer

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
You’re only getting the blower exhaust through that heat exchanger so any high temp gasket material should work with the high temp red colored gasket sealer
Yea I figured as much I just noticed the old gasket is a silicone material and if it's original its lasted 7300 hours. I'd love to put something that good back so I don't have to think about it again until the heat schanger goes bad or something

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yea I figured as much I just noticed the old gasket is a silicone material and if it's original its lasted 7300 hours. I'd love to put something that good back so I don't have to think about it again until the heat schanger goes bad or something
I’ll do a temp check for you tomorrow during a job to give you an accurate reading on how hot it gets

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
I’ll do a temp check for you tomorrow during a job to give you an accurate reading on how hot it gets
Regardless ik all the gaskets hold up to over like 500 degrees the biggest difference is for how long and whether they can withstand constant gas fumes and some residual chemical blow by

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Regardless ik all the gaskets hold up to over like 500 degrees the biggest difference is for how long and whether they can withstand constant gas fumes and some residual chemical blow by
No gas fumes in that side. Remember, your engine exhaust is bypassed on top. Am I correct or does your pipe connect in that side as well?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I used a cereal box once to make gaskets out of. I just traced around them and cut them out with exacto knife.
I think using something from the about parts store is a good Idea.

Or you could call Superior and ask them John Olsen might know or one of his techs.

Back
Top Bottom