Gee, thanks for the help

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
long ago I moved all the furniture to the center of the room.
A customer thought I was crazy for do so and couldn't understand why I would do such a thing. "aren't you going to clean the center of the room?" she asked.
"Yes, after I do the edges- simular to painting a room." 🤪
She Was Blonde. 🤣
sorry Meg, couldn't help myself.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Be honest Willy...the waterbed had nothing to do with it. You soil yourself regularly. 🙂
You're wearing out the Be Nice To Chavez week. And then..........
1643850345422.png

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Had a high end customer. It took 2 quotes and over a year to book the job. Lots of furniture moving, which she paid dearly for. She was hyper concerned about too much moisture around her grand piano that sat on carpet.

She supervised us closely while working. Customer pointed out that we did not clean under her 6.5' tall grandfather clock. I said "Sorry, we do not move grandfather clocks". Then my tech and I just continued cleaning the room 600 f2 room.

At that moment, making me look like an idiot for not moving her clock, and cleaning that 1 f2 of carpet, was the most important thing to her existence. She grabs her clock, gives it a tilt, and CRASH! The weights fell off the chains breaking the door glass and busting the wood out of the bottom of the case.

My self editor went into overload and nearly failed. I helped her get the clock onto her hardwood and cleaned up the remaining clock fragments. Did not see her again until I collected payment hours later. She never called me again either.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
We cleaned a living room, dining room and hall once and the customer withheld payment because we wouldn't move a fully loaded china cabinet. We had to go back the next day to move it after they emptied it. This was a cabinet with an open base and 4 thin legs and we were able to clean everything but directly under the legs. You could also tell it was never moved.

The customer just had to have those 4 square inches of carpet cleaned...:hopeless:
When I was at Stanley years ago a customer demanded that we clean under an upright piano sitting tight to the corner. It took 6 of us to get it on blocks afterwards.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Had a high end customer. It took 2 quotes and over a year to book the job. Lots of furniture moving, which she paid dearly for. She was hyper concerned about too much moisture around her grand piano that sat on carpet.

She supervised us closely while working. Customer pointed out that we did not clean under her 6.5' tall grandfather clock. I said "Sorry, we do not move grandfather clocks". Then my tech and I just continued cleaning the room 600 f2 room.

At that moment, making me look like an idiot for not moving her clock, and cleaning that 1 f2 of carpet, was the most important thing to her existence. She grabs her clock, gives it a tilt, and CRASH! The weights fell off the chains breaking the door glass and busting the wood out of the bottom of the case.

My self editor went into overload and nearly failed. I helped her get the clock onto her hardwood and cleaned up the remaining clock fragments. Did not see her again until I collected payment hours later. She never called me again either.
This is why I went to the rule of just flat out refusing to move any furniture. I found that if I gave a little people would demand more and more. If I said I’d move small stuff they would think a baby grand piano was small stuff. If I agreed to move a nightstand, I would show up and all the nightstands would be one foot off the wall and the king size bed would be scooted over 2 feet. So I just drew a line in the sand and said I don’t move furniture anymore. End of discussion. If they don’t like it they’re free to call Stanley steamer.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach

That's when I say, that's why we don't move those! Fn idiots.

Reactions: Newman and Nomad74

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Everybody is so pissy around here!
Time of the year. money makers are sitting silent, and the bills keep coming. It took me a couple of years to figure saving and not living the lifestyle of the rich and famous when it was good.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Funny story. January was a Bi ch for chimps. Hiring em, firing em and watching em!! My girls worked their heads off trying to keep ‘em in line.
Diana doing the payroll checks, getting w’2 out, 4th quarter out, when she imputed their checks, she shorted them $500😳😂 The oldest called while at the bank, Did I Get a Pay Cut?😳😂😂

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom