Gekko wand..........

Name
George Valliant
1000 psi out of a single jet? Wand can't reach under cabinets / dishwahers either.

I always use gekko for edging cuz spinner doesn't reach all the way to the wall.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
5" head or 12"? new or used? I have a used raptor that just came in other wise gekko is 329 with the 5" list free shipping

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Does the 5" reach the edge of the wand?. Hopefully it's not like the cobra that has one jet that comes about 2" from the edge.

Albert

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No tool that has a vacuum port reaches the edge. There will always be a gap because of the vacuum port. Does that make sense? If not turn your tools over then you'll go AHHHHH I get it :)

Name
George Valliant
Actually, mine is a "Raptor" but I call it "gekko" cuz it's easy to remember. Been using it troublefree about 5 years now.

Sounds like Olson got the deal on a used Raptor!

I got a gekko too but accidently ordered it with the 12" squeegee head so it's never been used. The 5 inch head attachment alone is over $200.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
I got a gekko too but accidently ordered it with the 12" squeegee head so it's never been used. The 5 inch head attachment alone is over $200.

Of course a distributor may charge whatever he wishes, however, the suggested list price for the 5" Gekko head is only $139. Some distribuotrs will give a discount and sell for less. Why not ask John what he would charge for one? (AR54D)

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
No tool that has a vacuum port reaches the edge. There will always be a gap because of the vacuum port. Does that make sense? If not turn your tools over then you'll go AHHHHH I get it

I hear you. I'm refferring if the spray jet / jets reach the edge of the tool. For instance, the design of the cobra is pretty much worthless unless modified. The 05 jets only spread about 3" leaving close to 2" on either side.

Albert

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Albert is exactly right. it leaves a bigger gap then the turbo tool. it has to be modified to work correctly and clean right to the edge.

gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Want to take a second and tell....George Valliant.(AKA Carpet Cleaning Fool).Thanks for the Gecko wand......When I was looking for one to help do a job I have coming up he had one laying around that he did not want and sent it to me........

Thanks again George.........I owe ya big time...........

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Met an older guy at a IICRC class five or six years ago. He had specialized in stone, tile and grout for many years. He told me spinners were toys and the big boys used 4-jet Gekkos. I bought both, and he was right. I hardly ever use the Turbo-Hybrid. The 14-inch Gekko is more manouverable, faster, lighter, easier to move, and gets corners.

Put a wider jet in the Cobra unless you want to concentrate the jet on a single grout line. But the valve locks up at a relatively low pressure (1200 psi?). The Gekko 5-inch head is better for concentrating the jet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom