Generating business through Realtors

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Shane
I hate paying for access also. The fact is you have to do it. I learned along time ago in medical sales without access I can't sell. I like to teach new reps this " You can't sell who you don't see".

Then why did you say this after I said here you have to buy a key for the lockboxes if you want to clean for realtors here to get access? "Spoken like a man that has no idea how to gain business from realtors!

You do not need a lock box key. We do not have one and we do 3-5 jobs a week from realtors if not more."

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Then why did you say this after I said here you have to buy a key for the lockboxes if you want to clean for realtors here to get access? "Spoken like a man that has no idea how to gain business from realtors!

You do not need a lock box key. We do not have one and we do 3-5 jobs a week from realtors if not more."

Dave
Here is a marketing lesson pay attention.

Indianapolis Board of realtors do not allow non realtors to have pass keys. Most realtors as a result put their own boxes on in our market.

The national board of realtors does not set local state policy. The state board of realtors set local policy on access and security.

Paying for access is not going through a physical door.

Do you really think Walmart places all those products to the left when you come in the store for free? No Frito lay, Mars, and other companies pay to be there. It is called paying for market position or access.

If you knew how to market to realtors you would know what I am refering to and what we are doing to gain access.

When I said to Shane "you can't sell who you do not see" he will get what I am talking about because he is a salesman.

Don't let the door hit you on way out.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dave
Here is a marketing lesson pay attention.

Indianapolis Board of realtors do not allow non realtors to have pass keys. Most realtors as a result put their own boxes on in our market.

The national board of realtors does not set local state policy. The state board of realtors set local policy on access and security.

Paying for access is not going through a physical door.

Do you really think Walmart places all those products to the left when you come in the store for free? No Frito lay, Mars, and other companies pay to be there. It is called paying for market position or access.

If you knew how to market to realtors you would know what I am refering to and what we are doing to gain access.

When I said to Shane "you can't sell who you do not see" he will get what I am talking about because he is a salesman.

Don't let the door hit you on way out.

Tom, Here is a marketing lesson for you. Different areas require slightly different tactics. Some methods and media that can be quite effective in a small rural area. May be far less effective or not work at all in a major metro (or vise versa). Marketing may have to be tailored to fit your region. Here the Realtors require pay for play. You have to purchace a key (Like the one Fred posted) They also would like the companies, they prefer to buy ads in their publications. It is not enough to do good work, remove red stains and pet odors, visit offices to drop off flyers and magnets. Even doing spotting demonstrations at the morning meetings. Sure you can do a few a month here without buying into their good side. But, without buying a key so the realtors don't have to meet you at every single job you won't be effective (You will be a pain in the ass.) They can't just give you a code as they can in your area. ( Don't let the door hit you in the ass back to you.)

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Glad this topic came up and we had a couple people with real life experience. The access fee actually sounds better if you think about it, 99.9% of my competitors are NEVER going to pay for that. This can give me a targeted campaign with little to no competition. :biggrin:

Reactions: Royal Man

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can't purchase a key here, and the realtors seldom have to meet me on the job. They burden ME with having to come to their office to pick up the key.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
When I was cleaning full time I had a realtor that used me for approx. 100 rentals they managed. I was happy to have to stop by and grab keys. It gave me face time w/ the rental managers, and I also never minded stopping to pick up checks!

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I will agree with Tom that the top realtors will tell the home owners what it takes to sell their house. The ones I have dealt with "suggest" staging furniture, removing excess, clean floors, windows, and much more. They are not just in the right place at the right time.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Dave You are totally missing what you need to do to own this part of the market.

When they let you have a key in Indy 2 years ago it was for the member only. I could not let techs use it. It was useless for multi truck operators.
We had no problem when we told realtors we wanted to honor the rules of being an associate member of our local realtors board. They loved that we where that honest.

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE KEY!!! The key is just a tool.

It is about all the other stuff you do to sell this sector of the market.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
When I was cleaning full time I had a realtor that used me for approx. 100 rentals they managed. I was happy to have to stop by and grab keys. It gave me face time w/ the rental managers, and I also never minded stopping to pick up checks!

The problem I have with my 100 rental realtor is that she is going at 90 mph all the freaking time and almost NEVER gets me the correct key the first time.

I factor that into her price ...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My experience is that most all realtors are cheap asses and want cleaning done for next to nothing....after all, it's empty! Same with homeowners moving out. "Can I just get a $29.95 Quickie"? I,too, have had a few that never questioned the price because they knew it would be done right. I'm not going to try to compete with the $5 a room guy or the SS quickie crew.

Seems every part of the country has different situations as it pertains to realtors....some value the skill of an experienced CC'er, others don't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom