Getting a new wand, Greenhorn, Bently or evolution?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
First of all, I run low pressure. 325-375. 400 max. I have never had any streaking with my 4 jet greenhorn when I had it running 11003s or 11002s at 12 and 8 flow respectively.

What the hell is a banana glide?

I am looking for a 14 inch wand because I hate my heavy old prochem quadjet and it needs a new glide, it has cracked stripped and leaky jet manifolds and needs to be rejetted. I figure I should just get another wand instead of throwing a few hundred bucks into a wand I hate.

Other than the streaking problem what's wrong with the bently? I've noticed a few models. There is trigger grip one and one where you grab the wand itself....

What about the truck-mount version of the evolution wand? To do they make one that is 14 inch or is 16 inch my only option? How do you get under anything with the evolution?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
cobb should be swooping in like a vulture on roadkill at anytime now to peddle his bently rip off lol. I like my greenhorn , heck I still like my cheap 2 jet inch and a half. If I could afford a new one I would maybe try the titanum or a lighter wand. My greenhorn is pretty heavy. I often wonder why I paid so much for that wand , especialy since getting it I have removed the jet extensions

Bob Foster

That tool is the second most important tool you own and just about as personal as the first one. Some people even give it a name. shiteatinggrin

So given all the hours you hold your tool or use it I would try each of them out.

The Bentley and Evolution have both gone through changes in the last two months.

Like all your tools you should play with it and try different strokes to see how you like it. Then make up your mind. It would be worth the cost of shipping at least one way as a deal with anyone who you would like to buy one from if you could try each of them for a couple of days.

Don't forget to wipe it off before you put it away. :p

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
PC Ti & a 14" Westpac are 2 wands you might consider also. Not sure what it is about the Westpac but the Ti has been sitting in the shop collecting dust ever since I got it.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have not tryed them all, but the 14" Greenhorn is the best tool I have ever bought. It works great, it's stainless.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
My non American, foreign child slavery in a sweat shop @ 150 degrees w/ no AC ventilation 14 inches wide head, 2 inches Ti tube, 5 jets, thermometer, high shear kit, soft touch valve, standing @ 6 ft tall, weighting at 9lbs that I've had for 6 months has not given me any issues yet. Forgot to mention the price was around $499 plus $99 thermometer I believe.

I found out the streaking issue w/ my jets was that I have really bad hard water here, and need to clean the strainer in the wand more often, or get around to getting a fresh water filter, one of my jets were clogged. The number for the support somehow was a 800 #, I was surprised, kept thinking it would fwd me to another country, boy was I disappointed, just shocking.

Don't buy it though, it's not made in the US of A, so it's total junk. You should buy the $1k-$1,500 one that weighs more w/ less mods instead.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
B&BGaryC said:
First of all, I run low pressure. 325-375. 400 max.

you'll like the Bentree at those pressures, Gary
imHo, at 325 to 350 is where that wand shines .
The jet distortion and streaking probs start to manifest at 400+

I not a big fan of the GreenhOle, Westpac or CMP wands ..they're an average wand ..at best

i have no experience with the Evolution , so can't comment on it

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jon;

We sell both the 14" CMP Angle-Jet, and the Bentley.

Side-by-side on a TM with the same jets . . .

the Bentley does the best cleaning.

Tell us about the "wand testing" you have done !

Larry

P.S. Also have the 14" SS Head with Titanium tube.

FredC

Village Idiot
Larry,

I really like that spray pattern testing contraption. Great idea.

Maybe you could also show us your testing warehouse with those hundreds of carpets of various materials, contructions, wear, and varying soil conditions you test the wands on.

Also if it isn't to much trouble, I know you're busy, could you also show us the long term test facility. How much do you pay the guys just to take wands in and out of vans all day?

Cheers,
Fred

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Larry Cobb said:

Larry

Hey Larry, the wand testing I have done tells me the PMF titanium you sell is a POS :x . Is it too late for a refund?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fred;

Testing requires lots of time and effort. . . I have done my share.

Here are six wands tested on the same soiled carpet from a video shot by one of my customers who helped judge the results:
SixWand.jpg

. . . . . The bottom one with center streak had 6 jets !

We also tested actual TM water recovery on wands with & wo glides all day, up at Nick's Bar B Q in Wichita Falls:
Nick7.jpg

My customers do a good job of testing durability (2 wks.old) :
wandbent.jpg

Larry

P.S. Mike - We have never sold a PMF titanium.
If you are talking about the SS Head/Titanium Tube 14", give me a call.

FredC

Village Idiot
Larry Cobb said:
Fred;

Testing requires lots of time and effort.

I have done my share.

Here are six wands tested on the same soiled carpet from a video shot by one of my customers who helped judge the results:

I'm confused Larry...are you saying you haven't really done any testing? I mean...I know that but for you to come right out and admit it, even if vaguely so, has caught me a bit off guard.

Yes Larry..I've seen the pic...hell I've even seen the vid***. :shock: :roll: :roll: I've even seen others from you and I see the same thing...a pass or two on some moderately and evenly soiled (at most) cgd.

Anybody that actually thinks that is testing wands is a f'n idiot. So tell me Larry, do you think that is actually testing wands?

I do like powermax shiteatinggrin

q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAe2UoTk3YYq]

R

Robbie

ACE said:
Larry Cobb said:

Larry

Hey Larry, the wand testing I have done tells me the PMF titanium you sell is a POS :x . Is it too late for a refund?
thats how you get a refund....good work mike

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fred;

At the Cpt. Cleaning Bar B Q,

about five people tested tested seven 12" and 14" wands with and without glides for about 6 hours.

That is about 30 man hours just testing wands.

All of them were full-time cleaners, except for me.

I have probably spent a hundred hours testing jet patterns in various TM wands.

While I am still learning, I do believe I have done a lot of TM wand testing . . .

because I think wand design can be improved.

Larry

FredC

Village Idiot
cool Larry,

30 man hours huh? So what exactly did you "test" for? Where are the "results"? I know the Bentley was the "top cleaning wand" but how did the others place?

Any pics from/of the test area...must be out of frame in the pic you posted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom