Getting back in business-time to make it happen

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Over the past 2 years I've been basically out of the CC/tile business. I've had a full time job in a different industry. After a lot of life changes and thought I'm preparing to dive back into business head first. I've still got all of my equipment and truck. All 2 years older, but works just as well. I have been doing side jobs when possible.

I ran my biz for about 10 years. Things that led to my downfall in the past ( in no particular order) were: lack of bookkeeping/accounting/recordkeeping system, no customer followup, no marketing plan, no business plan or goal setting, divorce, unhealthy living after divorce....just to name a few. If you know me I don't make excuses, I take the blame for all of these things. I've been to Strat. for Success, bought all the H. Partridge stuff, BP modules, newsletter programs, dirty grout, PDQ, I just chose not to listen or do what made others successful.

Fast forward to today, I'm 30 pounds lighter, in gret shape again physically and mentally! i have a loving girlfriend who will help with the parts of my biz I'm not very good at. Most of all, I'm re-motivated to succeed. I just want to aplogize in advance to all cleaners in the N. Phoenix area, because I'll be re-claiming what's rightfully mine!!! LOL

Jimbo

Yet you missed MikePhest...

Hey let me know how I can help, Curt!

Becker

Name
Becker
2 years away. And 30 pounds lighter.

Sounds like an extended maternity leave.

I'll never forget the time we were sitting in Vegas playing blackjack and one of Curt's clients showed up at the same table realizing that he bailed on a bid for them the previous day.
One thing about Curt, he is good with people. People like him..
Curt, Dirk, Myself, The Husband and Wife clients of Curt's, and a girl they met playing slot tournaments, tried to drink Osheas dry..
No wonder they bulldozed the landmark..

Last edited:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Fast forward to today, I'm 30 pounds lighter, in gret shape again physically and mentally! i have a loving girlfriend who will help with the parts of my biz I'm not very good at. Most of all, I'm re-motivated to succeed. I just want to aplogize in advance to all cleaners in the N. Phoenix area, because I'll be re-claiming what's rightfully mine!!! LOL
Welcome back, Curt. I'm sure you will "get it right" this time around.

Steve

PS Let Chuck, Billy and me know how we can help.

Name
BradFenstermaker
COOL BEANZ! Hay the first thing you need in the office is SERVICE MONSTER, upfront fees to set up. Monthly fee's are nothing win you consider what it does for ya biz. Let me know if I can help any way also.

I struggle often in this biz but we have survived somehow. Wish I had all those books of knowledge you have already invested in. Get to reading. Happy for Ya, nothing like dancing with Wanda.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I just want to aplogize in advance to all cleaners in the N. Phoenix area, because I'll be re-claiming what's rightfully mine!!! LOL

Curt, If I were lucky enough to still live in Scottsdale, I'd try my best to get as many Cave Creek/Carefree clients as I could handle. I loved it up there!

Actually, you pretty close to a lot of $$$$ areas.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Just when I though I was out... they pull me back in!

Welcome back Curt

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Tia and myself make a good team and things run great for us....
anything we can do to help just let me know....

welcome back.....

F

FB7777

Welcome back Curt, Jim is right, at first it seems like you can do it all but eventually you either burnout or stunt your true business potential

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I was wondering if maybe your downfall was from what you DID spend your money on and not what you didn't. I haven't ever spent any money on business programs and I've survived for going on 30 years

Last edited:

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Thanks everyone. Doug, good point. I've spent lots. I'm sure I've paid for more than a few of HP's luxury vacations.

Jim Martin, i'll gladly take you up on that. Maybe I could come over and spend a day with you sometime soon.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Thanks everyone. Doug, good point. I've spent lots. I'm sure I've paid for more than a few of HP's luxury vacations.

Jim Martin, i'll gladly take you up on that. Maybe I could come over and spend a day with you sometime soon.

when ever you want...just let me know......

Chris A

Name
Chris
Read below.

Im sure a lot of guys care, especially about someone who's been a board fixture for years and occasionally has something useful to say, unlike, ahem...well you get it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Don't trust that business partnership with your girlfriend too much because you're not married.

That WHORE.....Dirk will leave you high and dry when he sees greener pastures.

Reactions: GCCLee

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Jimmy, I'm so upset at Dirk from his move to Nebraska a few years ago it put me out of business!!!!!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Good luck! business ownership is a real job, get a good accountant, also service monster or a customer address program for mailers, we do our own mailers from quickbooks.

6 months and a year about 200 plus reminder cards are huge, the good accountant priceless,

lastly I incorporated as s corp, a good accountant will figure out how much to pay yourself but You can save a lot in taxes this way.

Everything else is easy, get rest, know your limits.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Curt, I'm meeting fosters carpet care (met at mikefest) and Rick with sapphire today down in Gilbert at 4:00. I'm also inviting another cleaner from the area I met with yesterday. If you're interested in joining us, call or text me @ 940-357-9308. It's not a sales pitch, just getting together while I'm in town. Might be a good idea to get FaceTime with some locals. Amy

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom